»
Topic: Homer Jordan
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 31, 2017 2:53 PM by: CUTig62®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Homer Jordan

[1]
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 11:56 AM

I am a lifelong tiger fan and born in 1985, so I never got to see Homer Jordan play. Can any of you older Tigers make some comparisons to players I probably have seen and what you thought of him as a Clemson QB???

TIA

Re: Homer Jordan

[2]
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 12:20 PM

The right QB for the offense Clemson was running at the time.

Hard to compare to today's standards. Kind of like saying how would Terry Bradshaw compare to today.

He did what was needed to be done to win!!! Run, hand off, pass and find Perry Tuttle in the end zone

[2]
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 12:38 PM

I attended every home game in 1981. Homer Jordan had some similarities to Woody Dantzler, although he was not as fast and brilliant of a runner. He was an effective runner, and he was good in the triple option offense. He was also a little undersized like Woody, and he also had a very strong arm. He and Perry Tuttle were unstoppable on the "down and out" timing passes. Homer also had a strong enough arm to be effective on the deep balls. He was also the unquestioned leader of the offense, and he had a very strong will to win. He was not a Desaun, but his name will remain in the record books and our hearts for the same reason as Desaun!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Oct 31, 2017 1:40 PM

Thanks for the response!

[1]
Posted: Oct 31, 2017 2:53 PM

He had some of the biggest hands I have ever seen. He could slap you on both sides of the face at the same time.

2019 white level member

Replies: 4  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1646 people have read this post