Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Home from the game. Post observations:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,826

Home from the game. Post observations:

Apr 8, 2017, 10:39 PM

1. Tucker Israel can throw the ball with confidence. Seems to know the system and is calm out there. I want his arm on 3rd down. Kelly Bryant is a better runner than we think when the ball is in his hands. Refused to go down countless times when wrapped up. Sad thing was he missed many simple throws. Over threw 3-4 flat passes and threw one on the ground. Hopefully it was his tendon problem causing that.
2. Our Defense is pretty fast to the ball. They really challenged today and we're hitting hard. Van Smith threw a pad into Fuller one time that was jaw dropping.
3. Wilkins ran though Big Dex and blocked a kick. Which led to him going over and pouncing on dex laying on the ground like two giant teddy bears sumo wrestling haha. Caused everyone to laugh. Irony is usually big Dex is the one blocking kicks too. So reverse roles.
4. Ray ray and feaster are the best threats at kick return by far.
5. Disappointed our coaches didn't try to get feaster on the outside with his speed.
6. If this offense can stay consistent and not make mistakes we have a chance for an amazing season. Go tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just remember every formation & play was already on tape.***

Apr 8, 2017, 10:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Home from the game. Post observations:

Apr 9, 2017, 8:23 AM

Good points; I agree and would add:

Impressed with Wiggins and Simmons in the secondary. Some big hits all over the field.

(aside: fans among us mentioned several times "don't the purple jerseys mean 'take it easy'.... " ? Thought the qbs took a number of shots!?)

Appears we don't have a 'lot' of OL depth. Dline had the upper hand with pass rush and shutting down the run.

Overall, both offenses looked to suffer from youth/lack of reps.

But this Tiger thinks we might make some noise again next year! Excited to watch the team grow and play!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Home from the game. Post observations:

Apr 9, 2017, 8:41 AM

Had time to process everything on the way home from the game. Not too long.

-It dawned on me that I really don't remember seeing the offense check out of plays once they got lined up. They just ran what was originally called no matter what the defense was showing so that could be one big thing that held the offense back.

-Like mentioned before, Feaster really wasn't given a chance to get outside on any running plays.

-The play calling was very basic and I think that was done on purpose. But I also think we will be a better short yardage team this year.

-Our defense is really scary and that goes for all 3 levels. As much as I love our DLine I think our secondary will be the most fun to watch. Mullen was really making a case for the other corner spot. Also looked like the safeties learned some things from Jadar Johnson and were playing smart on the back end.

-This team CAN repeat. Don't forget that Bama made it back and we all know their QB isn't the most accomplished passer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,826
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic