Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

FB Update: Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame

Sep 27, 2015, 5:49 PM

Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame

Sep 27, 2015, 6:17 PM

We will end up a 3-6 point dog. ND has a ton of Golden Colored Glasses followers that will load the wagon. Should work well for us.

no chance the odds move that much. That puts the house

Sep 27, 2015, 6:23 PM

at a huge disadvantage. They could lose coming and going. If the bet is even and 100,000 is bet on ND, then they move the line to Clemson plus 6 and 100,000 gets bet on Clemson and then ND wins by 3. The house loses 200,000. They might move the line a little more, but not much even if the betting is lopsided a bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2015, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Vegas Odds for Clemson-Notre Dame ]

I hope we end up as underdogs and that the vast majority of sportscasters pick ND to win...we play better when we have the "counted-out/disrespected" edge.

Side question: Listening to interviews with the coaches ND sounds like the greatest team that's ever played - how much of that is coach speak? When Coach Scott says that studying their D they have no flaws...I certainly saw some flaws against UMass, granted they may have started slow and were likely looking ahead, but I don't see them as flawless.

Sep 27, 2015, 6:47 PM

Side question: Listening to interviews with the coaches ND sounds like the greatest team that's ever played - how much of that is coach speak? When Coach Scott says that studying their D they have no flaws...I certainly saw some flaws against UMass, granted they may have started slow and were likely looking ahead, but I don't see them as flawless.

A lot of it is coach-speak. I saw some flaws in their D as well. They are very susceptible to eye-candy and LBs get out of position badly at times. Their secondary is suspect and their D-line can be moved back as well as sideways.

If our D can keep us in the game (and I think they can), if we can avoid special teams mistakes and if our WRs and TEs can block on the edge, we will win this game.

Home field advantage is worth 3 pts

Sep 27, 2015, 6:36 PM

Therefore both Vegas and the betting public think ND is better than us.

Can't wait to prove them wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Home field advantage is worth 3 pts

Sep 27, 2015, 6:46 PM

Watch the early money.

The Notre Dame bettors may push the line late, but the sharps will be all over Clemson in this one.

They will not like the matchup for Notre Dame...at all.

Expect the sharps to surprisingly push the line towards Clemson, then watch the flood of money come in on ND later on in the week.

But we came out as favorites and the line is moving in favor

Sep 28, 2015, 9:05 AM

Of Notre Dame.

Marlborocountycoot = Clemson_Alumnus

Sep 29, 2015, 1:42 PM

Re: But we came out as favorites and the line is moving in favor

Sep 29, 2015, 1:44 PM [ in reply to But we came out as favorites and the line is moving in favor ]

Excepted really. Line moved toward Clemson initially. ND is one of the most overvalued teams in the betting arena. Don't read too much into it

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I dont know anything about betting but i do know

Sep 27, 2015, 7:13 PM

That if Clemson can get their special teams crap together and Watson and the O-line can get on the same page where they give him some decent protection in the pocket this team will be unstoppable!!!! We already have the best D there is in CFB in my opinion so i know that it wont be them that gives up the game. Watson is a monster and when you factor in A. Scott & Gallman it just gives me chills to think of the possibilities when theyre firing on all cylinders (just like the SCar game). Cant wait for 8pm on Saturday!!! Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic