Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Holding calls and SEC refs.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Holding calls and SEC refs.

Sep 5, 2019, 11:23 AM

I'm confused about whether we'll have ACC or SEC refs this Sat.

I thought it was common practice to have the opposing teams'
conference refs if the teams are not in the same conference.

I've seen posts about last years game having SEC refs and them not calling holding
on A&Ms OL last year. Which was pretty obvious if you watched the game. Was it
SEC refs last year in College Station?

I hope we get our refs this year and they call it like it needs to be called.

Anybody know which conference's crew is working the game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Holding calls and SEC refs.

Sep 5, 2019, 11:31 AM

Normally it’s the visiting teams conference refs that officiate the game, I’m not really sure 100%. Whoever it is I hope they call it right!

Sep 5, 2019, 11:36 AM

I hope that the Tigers give the Aggies the bizzness regardless of the umps!

Sep 5, 2019, 12:13 PM

Last year it was ACC Refs. This year it's going to be SEC Refs. The only place I know of that doesn't do that is UGA. UGA will not allow opposing conference refs call their home games. With that in mind the ACC Refs are as bad as any in the country and it didn't surprise me one bit that they only called 1 holding call last years game. We declined it due to the interception on the 2 point conversion TAMU attempted at the end of the game. It obvious that the ACC Refs were not going to call anything all season when we went until game 7 to have another called holding on the opposing offensive lines. I don't expect it to be any different now that we have SECheat Refs calling this game. But it's not like have the ACC Refs is an advantage. Oh, and anyone that thinks that the ACC Refs helped us with the turnover at the goal like last year is mistaken. The SECheat Refs were in the replay booth that ended up calling it correct.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last week's refs called holding all the time...

Sep 5, 2019, 12:13 PM

on Clemson.

Sep 5, 2019, 12:20 PM

Ag here, fair warning, SEC refs never call holding. Only an occasional one on Arkansas or A&M. Clemson should plan on getting a few extra holds in.

SEC Refs only call holding if it was an obvious tackle, and

Sep 5, 2019, 12:24 PM

sometimes not even then. They do love their false start calls, though. So, the crowd noise at the Valley Saturday may bring on a slew of those.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SEC Refs only call holding if it was an obvious tackle, and

Sep 5, 2019, 12:29 PM

Our right guard is a freshman. Your crowd could certainly get in his head, but I'm more worried about the tackles , being further from Mond to hear him

Sep 5, 2019, 12:29 PM

It was an ACC crew last year.

And they screw us worse than SEC refs...most years.***

Sep 5, 2019, 1:28 PM

Sep 5, 2019, 12:46 PM

We hope it is not decided by a holding call, interestingly enough last year they were not going to let A&M get the two point conversion without running a play a second time.

I would also agree that we should expect to see little to no holding unless it is a drag to the ground....as a longtime football fan I am hot and cold on holding anyway...I like it when it would clearly change the play and it should be called...when it is 10 yards from the play and not obvious then most likely should be ignored.

I agree last year there were a couple that impacted plays however we won so it didnt impact the overall game and made our D line stronger.

I would be more concerned about Pass Interference this week being a factor..they may "let them play" meaning our Receivers get held and mugged all day and then our DB's dont return serve.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic