Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Williams make his decision on early enrollment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

New Story: Williams make his decision on early enrollment

Nov 12, 2014, 1:01 PM

Williams make his decision on early enrollment

You only get to one shot to make the most of your last year of high school, and after a lot of thought Garrett Williams has decided to do that.The Orlando (FL) First Academy tight end and Clemson commit originally planned to enroll at Clemson in January but after talking with friends, family and other resources, Williams made the decision to stay in school and enjoy his final high school semester. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Advice from Dwayne Allen helps Williams make his decision on early enrollment

Nov 12, 2014, 1:06 PM

I would hate to miss out on those things as well. Clemson ain't going anywhere, Garrett.

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this...***

Nov 12, 2014, 1:06 PM

Be happy for him. I can understand him 100%

Nov 12, 2014, 1:10 PM

This guy has been at that school for 13 years. That's nuts. He's got the majority of every friend he's ever had there.

it says he is still a kid, no grown up enough

Nov 12, 2014, 2:01 PM

he can do what he wants. But, see if this doesn't come up again before his tenure is finished with Clemson.

He's doing what makes him happiest in life, which I fully

Nov 12, 2014, 2:08 PM

Support. In the end, life isn't about catching the game winning TD or making the most money. It's about enjoying all the time you can and spending time with your friends and family. Maybe you're the one who hasn't realized that and hasn't grown up.

I love how the Coot troll with "Ponies" in his name is telling a 17 year old to grow up

It actually says he's fairly mature, to make a decision....

Nov 12, 2014, 2:22 PM [ in reply to it says he is still a kid, no grown up enough ]

...like this.

Good grief, drama much? lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Since when is being a kid at 17 a bad thing?

Nov 12, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to it says he is still a kid, no grown up enough ]

Not sure I would want to be at college as a minor anyway.

Re: Since when is being a kid at 17 a bad thing?

Nov 12, 2014, 2:37 PM

He has a prom to attend!!! I don't blame him one bit!!!! Have fun!!!

Re: Since when is being a kid at 17 a bad thing?

Nov 12, 2014, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Since when is being a kid at 17 a bad thing? ]

It means a lot if you read between the lines. In other words, do you put Deshaun in his category? No, totally different mindset. He'll never say it, but I promise you it says a lot to Swinney as well. I promise you.

He IS a kid. Dang.***

Nov 12, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to it says he is still a kid, no grown up enough ]

Re: it says he is still a kid, no grown up enough

Nov 12, 2014, 8:25 PM [ in reply to it says he is still a kid, no grown up enough ]

With what you said you're how old now, 12!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would you rather DA lie to him?***

Nov 12, 2014, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this...*** ]

Would you rather DA lie to him?***

Nov 12, 2014, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this...*** ]

Why do think we care Billy Coot?

Nov 12, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this...*** ]

Or are you still under the assumption that your cunning ruse is working?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop stalking me, you weirdo. What a loser...***

Nov 12, 2014, 1:28 PM

ahhhhh the charade continues

Nov 12, 2014, 4:02 PM

as you were

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this...***

Nov 12, 2014, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this...*** ]

If anything, it shows how much he commits to his school and his craft....That's how I feel about it.

Nov 12, 2014, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this...*** ]

Great choice young man it's all business after HS. Enjoy the other high school sports like Baseball, Track, or Basketball they want come around again.

Nov 12, 2014, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Hmmm, not sure how I feel about this...*** ]

It doesn't matter how you feel, it's all about how that young man feels, bottom line!!! We'll see you in the summer Garrett, and have plenty of fun, I would/did!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the depth and talent ahead of him

Nov 12, 2014, 1:13 PM

he was almost certainly looking at a redshirt anyway, so IMO this doesn't hurt Clemson one bit. Enjoy the rest of your senior year young man!

Re: With the depth and talent ahead of him

Nov 12, 2014, 1:16 PM

Yeah I didn't want to say that, but we're stacked at TE for the moment.

For a team so stacked at TE

Nov 12, 2014, 1:20 PM

We surely haven't had any play worth a cuss most of this season

Good job Garrett

Nov 12, 2014, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: With the depth and talent ahead of him ]

Enjoy your senior year kid. Clemson will be here this summer for you.

Re: With the depth and talent ahead of him

Nov 12, 2014, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: With the depth and talent ahead of him ]

We are, but he knows that. Milan Richard and Cannon Smith has a Red Shirt on right now....

We're really not that stacked with good experience

Nov 12, 2014, 1:46 PM [ in reply to With the depth and talent ahead of him ]

Williams is one of the top TEs in the country, too. After his year, we'll lose Cooper, who was our only TE that could block. We'll return Seckinger, Leggett, and JJ McCollough (more of an H-Back), along with two RS Fr in Milan Richard and Cannon Smith. I don't know that Williams couldn't have found some playing time in that group.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're really not that stacked with good experience

Nov 12, 2014, 1:50 PM

Milan and Cannon were both top TEs and redshirted. This kid isn't even playing that position a whole lot for his team.

Williams will be the highest rated guy we've got at TE

Nov 12, 2014, 3:51 PM

Richard was #6 and Smith was #21.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Advice from Dwayne Allen helps Williams make his decision on early enrollment***

Nov 12, 2014, 1:13 PM

Honestly, if it were my kid....

Nov 12, 2014, 1:14 PM

...I completely would rather him have and enjoy his last semester of HS. Football is over - one assumes grades are pretty well set - enjoy man.

You're going to be busting hump pretty much the rest of your life.

Go to prom, have fun....be a kid.

Then get ready to be a Tiger.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Honestly, if it were my kid....

Nov 12, 2014, 1:36 PM

I work With his high school in Orlando and it is a bigger Christian school with a very tight knit community of people. This makes a whole lot of sense to me. These kids have spent their entire careers as students together. It's a great Community of great people and don't see this as anything of a surprise.

College is way more fun than HS, though

Nov 12, 2014, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Honestly, if it were my kid.... ]

If I could've skipped my whole last year of HS to be in college early, I would've. Maybe it's different for football players who have to be working hard all the time.

I don't disagree, other than last semest SR year...

Nov 12, 2014, 2:21 PM

...of HS was close, and wouldn't want a kid to give that up.

No doubt as a whole, I could never understand why so many folks went home on weekends (back to the HS games) during our freshman year (and beyond even).

If it's anything like my highschool

Nov 12, 2014, 3:49 PM [ in reply to College is way more fun than HS, though ]

the star football players have a pretty cush time in highschool. They're popular, get their pick of the girls, and etc.

Not a bad situation to be in.

That happens on a bigger scale in college

Nov 12, 2014, 3:52 PM

Way hotter girls, too

Not if you are just 17

Nov 12, 2014, 10:39 PM [ in reply to College is way more fun than HS, though ]

and the only folks you know are the less than 20 kids that enrolled early with you and are also under 18. I wish more kids made the same decision.

Re: New Story: Advice from Dwayne Allen helps Williams make his decision on early enrollment

Nov 12, 2014, 1:14 PM

He is pretty much headed for a RS anyway. No point in EE.

Didn't see any advice from Dwayne Allen

Nov 12, 2014, 1:30 PM

in the article...am i missing something?

It was actually Mr. T----he said

Nov 12, 2014, 1:31 PM

Don't be a fool, stay in school!

I think you mean, "Don't be a foo, stay in schoo."***

Nov 12, 2014, 7:49 PM

Don't blame him. Same school for 13 years, let him have it.***

Nov 12, 2014, 2:12 PM

Guarantee it was his girlfriend

Nov 12, 2014, 2:18 PM

Siriusly. She wants him to stay

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Williams make his decision on early enrollment

Nov 12, 2014, 2:18 PM

He'll probably red shirt.
Early enrollment has become normal enrollment. Normal enrollment has become late enrollment.

Nov 12, 2014, 2:53 PM

I completely understand, take time to enjoy yourself young man! You deserve to have a complete senior year. We will be glad to see you in the summer!

Nov 12, 2014, 3:27 PM

I get it. Honest reasoning. I mean, who would want to miss his senior high school graduating semester? I think that Garrett will be the better for it, and will be able to enter CU with focus and without regrets. I respect his decision.

Should say, "Williams Girlfriend decides he should stay in school..."***

Nov 12, 2014, 3:49 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2014, 3:49 PM

Congradulations. You sound like a mature, level headed young man who can make good decisions that are needed in life. Look to see you in Tiger Town this summer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Life gets really busy really quickly - good decision!

Nov 12, 2014, 5:50 PM

Enjoy your time together with your great friends, dream about being a Tiger, and then come live the dream - it never ends.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Agree...have fun that last semester with HS Friends!

Nov 12, 2014, 7:13 PM

And Come on uP to TigerTown in the summer for 3-5 more years of fun & making more great friends!

GoTiGERS...wreck Tech!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smart decision

Nov 12, 2014, 8:05 PM

IMHO these talented young men short-cut themselves when they jump into Clemson or any college their last last semester of H.S. senior year in a misguided attempt to get ahead. D-Wat as a QB is an exception to the rule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me my second semester of my senior year was the greatest

Nov 13, 2014, 1:16 AM

semester of high school by far, I pretty much had everything to graduate and I enjoyed, hanging out and doing things with my friends. A lot of cool stuff goes down your senior year of high school, I don't blame him one bit for staying.

absolutely respectable!

Nov 13, 2014, 1:53 AM

You only live once. A majority of your life long friends you meet in college as in high school you travel separate ways at a young and exciting age. He'd be missing out on some of the life experiences that only come around once. Sometimes kids come in early bc they're seperating themselves from a bad situation. I respect that too. Life is about more than just wins and losses on a football field. I'm as passionate as a fan there is but also respect a players choices he makes when it comes to such decisions.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic