Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What if Clemson moved to the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

What if Clemson moved to the

Aug 21, 2016, 8:27 PM

SEC East and traded places with sc or some school like Missouri. Hypothetical of course, but would Clemson fans be interested in this or not? I feel like moving to another conference playing new teams and experiencing different cfb traditions would be cool, but it depends. Plus I think it would make the SEC East a lot better and not the horrific division of the conference

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What if Clemson moved to the

Aug 21, 2016, 8:29 PM

I smell chicken

Re: What if Clemson moved to the

Aug 21, 2016, 8:30 PM

nah Bama fan, it's gump you're smelling kind sir

Aren't

Aug 21, 2016, 8:36 PM

all coots bama fans? You know, sec, sec, sec.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Aren't

Aug 21, 2016, 8:45 PM
7ac.jpg(12.1 K)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be fun, but Clemson has been scheduling

Aug 21, 2016, 8:45 PM

home and home with most of the SEC anyway, so it wouldn't be new experiences. I do find it to be very amusing that SEC fans are looking to find a way to (1) get rid of USC and (2) improve the SEC Least. (A little redundant, but not completely...)

Re: Could be fun, but Clemson has been scheduling

Aug 21, 2016, 8:50 PM

well I'm not actively lobbying to have Clemson come to the east so it will improve, I merely proposed a hypothetical situation that could be interesting to think about while getting excited about cfb..so I don't quite see the redundancy

They're looking to make Clemson SEC-like for an excuse.

Aug 21, 2016, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Could be fun, but Clemson has been scheduling ]

Satan knows what's coming... Most of the SEC does, too...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're looking to make Clemson SEC-like for an excuse.

Aug 21, 2016, 8:51 PM

Saban runs college football and has owned it for 8 years, that man has no worries

His comments concerning DW4 say otherwise... I'll just

Aug 21, 2016, 9:02 PM

relish the buildup and the finality....Little Napoleon red-faced and stomping up and down the sidelines and chewing on Kiffen/Pruitt will be fun to watch... ;~)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His comments concerning DW4 say otherwise... I'll just

Aug 21, 2016, 9:05 PM

oh don't get me wrong, he's not wrong in what he said about Watson the dude is a beast..but it takes more than one player to win as we saw in the National Championship game. Not to mention mastery of all three phases of the game..I did enjoy seeing Dabo squirm on the sidelines after that onside kick, I did. and lol it is funny when Saban gets heated, but only because he knows what it takes to win

I'm not looking back... I'm looking forward. I hope Bama makes it

Aug 21, 2016, 9:47 PM

I KNOW Clemson will... We'll be waiting on the home side... ;~)

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

Re: I'm not looking back... I'm looking forward. I hope Bama makes it

Aug 21, 2016, 9:51 PM

hell ya, always forward brother

and we'll take the #2 seed again on the away sidelines, see you in January!!

The Tide has turned... There's a new Tiger in Town and

Aug 21, 2016, 9:55 PM

it's name is Clemson. Get used to it.

Re: The Tide has turned... There's a new Tiger in Town and

Aug 21, 2016, 10:01 PM

I'm okay with having a new tiger in town, because we always kill the pretender tigers in our conference..#### "SEC, SEC, SEC"..I root against teams in my conference and pull for two teams..crimson tide and my son's football team

Clemson has a history of playing sec teams...

Aug 21, 2016, 8:57 PM

but mostly some years ago and with little respect from teams now in the SEC. Clemson played multiple teams in the southeast before the SEC was even around. To be frank, we didn't fare too well but probably some of that was related to having to play at other's home fields and not at Clemson.

History is history. I think we could play in the sec now and do quite well. The only routine sec team we face is the coots and except for a (not so) recent streak by them, we have clearly dominated in the past and continue to now.

Clemson will not be invited to join the sec as they need their chicken meat to beat up on. We could be competitive there but we are fine where we are.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has a history of playing sec teams...

Aug 21, 2016, 9:01 PM

very informative and thoughtful response, thanks. It only comes to mind because I truly think that Clemson could be a regular champion coming out of the East division in that potential scenario..but you're right it will never happen

And Bammer to Big 12.

Aug 21, 2016, 11:15 PM

Kinda even that up too.

Re: And Bammer to Big 12.

Aug 21, 2016, 11:16 PM
dynasty.jpg(323.3 K)

someone's butthurt, just let it all out there buddy

Re: And Bammer to Big 12.

Aug 21, 2016, 11:21 PM [ in reply to And Bammer to Big 12. ]

oh and tune in to ESPNU at 11:30 Eastern for a little surprise..assuming you have a working television in your domicile

How's about we swap the Coots for let's say...

Aug 21, 2016, 11:59 PM

...Wake or Cuse, but keep the end of year rivalry game, then we get two guaranteed wins each year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: How's about we swap the Coots for let's say...

Aug 22, 2016, 12:02 AM

I'm good with that. I just chuckled at the thought of Alabama going on up to the Carrier Dome to play an away game

Hey, that place gets loud and there is no AC***

Aug 22, 2016, 1:20 PM

nah, bama would have to drop their two Sun Belt or

Aug 22, 2016, 1:29 PM

FCS maybe even their MAC game to play somewhere else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nah, bama would have to drop their two Sun Belt or

Aug 23, 2016, 12:22 AM

lol you talk about bama's schedule but if they got to play that easy ### ACC schedule like y'all they may as well set up camp around the national championship..because that league stinks

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic