Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Kirk Herbstreit: Trevor Lawrence "was inserted for Alabama"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

TNET: Kirk Herbstreit: Trevor Lawrence "was inserted for Alabama"

Jan 2, 2019, 5:25 PM

Kirk Herbstreit: Trevor Lawrence "was inserted for Alabama"

Kirk Herbstreit thinks Trevor Lawrence was given the reins to the Clemson offense for this moment. Lawrence has been terrific this season and will be making his 12th career start vs. Alabama. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do agree that

Jan 2, 2019, 5:31 PM

we'll have to kill the green dog.

Isn’t the goal still to beat everyone you play?

Jan 2, 2019, 5:33 PM

That’s why TL was recruited in the first place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo disagrees***

Jan 2, 2019, 5:37 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Dabo disagrees***

Jan 3, 2019, 12:45 AM

I don't think he was inserted for this moment. I think he was inserted to retrieve a struggling QB. In fact, only once this season did KB shine. I can't remember which one but it was an early season game where TL was struggling and KB actually came in/back in to win the game.

Otherwise, I think the offense this year would be like Bama last year. Able to win, but mediocre.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo disagrees***

Jan 3, 2019, 9:19 AM

Texas A&M. How on earth do you not remember this? :)

Hint: look at the logo...

Jan 3, 2019, 10:20 AM

NM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hint: look at the logo...

Jan 3, 2019, 10:27 AM

NM

Dude, I'm trying to watch every game that comes on Saturdays regardless of conference. At this point in happy when I can remember my own teams games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hint: look at the logo...

Jan 3, 2019, 10:33 AM

Not a slam my friend. I just noticed the Alabama logo and figured you were not exclusively a Clemson fan. That's alright. No ones perfect...LOL

Re: TNET: Kirk Herbstreit: Trevor Lawrence "was inserted for Alabama"

Jan 2, 2019, 5:37 PM

Kirk also though uga belonged in the playoff after losing to Alabama.....

That was controversial, this is not.

Jan 2, 2019, 5:48 PM

Our offense is better with Trevor Lawrence - period; so of course him starting was a no-brainer. However, I think we all realized after last year, that to have a chance to beat a team as good as Alabama going forward, we'd need a QB that could stretch the field with his arm. Our goal every year is to win them all, so yes, Herbie's right.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: That was controversial, this is not.

Jan 2, 2019, 6:35 PM

I like Herbie but This was Dabo’s decision so I’m not quite sure how Herbie can know better than Dabo why the decision was made???
In a way I guess they are both right. Dabo made the decision based on who gave us the best chance to win in week 5. Fortunately Trevor also gives us the best chance to beat Alabama.

Herbie is saying what Dabo cannot state publicly.

Jan 2, 2019, 11:34 PM

Sure TL earned the start.

But, both guys could have gotten us to this point.

We needed more than KB could offer in order to be competitive against Bama.

We found that out last year.

That’s all Herbstriet means by his comment.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks Captain Obvious

Jan 2, 2019, 5:51 PM

And btw Dabo can't say that out loud. But common sense speaks to this notion. Its the fist thing i said after that game last year. Kelly Bryant can and will get us back to the CFP but Kelly Bryant can't beat Bama b/c their defensive scheme kills run first offenses... You gotta have a guy that can do both and do both better than the average. (insert DW4)...

...the book is still out on Trevor against Bama b/c we haven't seen it but.. we've seen KB. No disrespect. KB would have got us back to an undefeated or one loss season but if we had to play BAMA, he might not a little better b/c of the motivation, but he couldn't beat them.

Re: thanks Captain Obvious

Jan 5, 2019, 4:25 AM

I think Alabama is built to stop all offenses. The difference this year is the offense is built to score. Game will come down to execution.

I believe Dabo

Jan 2, 2019, 6:12 PM

a game at a time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think we could have won all the in season games with

Jan 2, 2019, 6:20 PM

Bryant as QB but won more easily with Trevor. I dont think the change was made just to give him experience in preparation for the post season. He was the better option at the time. It sounds like to me that is the point Dabo is making. Trevor was the better man then not just the better man for the future.

Indirectly that's true, because Alabama is the only team

Jan 2, 2019, 6:26 PM

that Dabo knew he should have trouble with.

TL has liquid Hydrogen in his veins***

Jan 2, 2019, 6:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 6:38 PM

I will always go with Dabo's word. He is the HC and made the decision. His message was pretty clear. BTW, it doesn't matter what Herbe thinks. He's knowledgeable, but he sure as heck doesn't know it all.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 6:42 PM

I would call him Captain Obvious but Captain Kirk fits better.

Jan 5, 2019, 9:46 AM

I don't know, Number 1 is too lofty. How about Number 2! ;)

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo said bama was a . . . . .

Jan 2, 2019, 7:39 PM

. . . 0% factor, that's all we should need.

But all of us saw the writing on the wall last year. KB was good, not great. We need great to beat the trolling tide.

Is TL great? He's better as a freshman than KB could ever be, we all hoped, speculated, strategized, knew it.

Let Herbskreet be Herbskreet and play Captain Obvious. We have a game to get ready for.

Dabo said bama was a . . . . .

Jan 2, 2019, 7:39 PM

. . . 0% factor, that's all we should need.

But all of us saw the writing on the wall last year. KB was good, not great. We need great to beat the trolling tide.

Is TL great? He's better as a freshman than KB could ever be, we all hoped, speculated, strategized, knew it.

Let Herbskreet be Herbskreet and play Captain Obvious. We have a game to get ready for.

Sounds good but he was inserted to

Jan 2, 2019, 7:47 PM

Make us better. Period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds good but he was inserted to

Jan 2, 2019, 8:14 PM

The sub-headline says TL will be making his 12th career start vs Alabama. Dang! I missed the first 11.

Jan 2, 2019, 8:22 PM

I think this is start # 11 for Trevor... KB started the first 4 of the season. But yeah, the sub headline seems to say that TL was gonna have career start #12 vs Alabama. We all know only Hunter has 11 starts vs Alabama.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No more than anyone else on our schedule.

Jan 2, 2019, 10:33 PM

Easy, play the best man. Why? So the players know the coaches want to win as much as them. That's what coaches are paid to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 11:50 PM

Dabo had a QB competition and TL was much better. It does give us a much better chance against Bama but even if that was what Dabo was thinking, he is not going to say that out of respect for KB,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 9:13 AM

Lawrence was inserted because he was the better player. That's pretty much all their is to that.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic