Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The 1st time TL has to tuck and run,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,576

The 1st time TL has to tuck and run,

Jul 21, 2018, 4:38 PM

all you will see is a flash and he is in the end zone.
Experience none,
but can check off reads better than most CFB and NFL Qbs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The 1st time TL has to tuck and run,

Jul 21, 2018, 4:42 PM

I just hope our coaches let him THROW to our best WR's instead of just handing the ball off when in the game. I hated seeing HJ have to do that so often. Glad he found a new home and wish him the best.

Yeah remember the time he passed down field instead

Jul 21, 2018, 5:11 PM

of running it out of bounds and Dabo chewed him another one. That's when I told my friend he'd never play this fall. I knew in December he'd be transferring. Too much of competitor and too much talent.

Jul 21, 2018, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1st time TL has to tuck and run, ]

Our coaches will tell to throw to our worst you people or brain dead

Jul 21, 2018, 5:14 PM

Will TL be allowed to wear his cape on the field?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Traded it for that big, metal hammer... He's going buff...***

Jul 21, 2018, 5:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard from 3 unconnected sources

Jul 21, 2018, 6:04 PM

That he was tbe best qb of all time at any level. Better than dw4, joe montana, tom brady and charlie Whitehurst.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^Get's it!!

Jul 21, 2018, 6:17 PM

Combined, plus he pulled 3 kids out of a burning car this morning before breakfast.

TL for President!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sorry to disappoint, but TL is

Jul 21, 2018, 6:27 PM

Too young to be President. He must be at least 35 years old, retired from his HoF NFL career for 5 years, or have played backup behind Kelly Bryant for a full season before he will be wise enough to be President.

Even then, many will still call him "Doogie" in spite of his maturity.

Jul 21, 2018, 7:35 PM

It will be because his arm is sore from throwing so many TD passes!

Jul 21, 2018, 8:21 PM

Did anyone see TL in the US Army All-American game..he was not superman in that game. He did not run circles around other High School seniors.

C Grade

Trevor Lawrence, QB (Clemson): Lawrence is going to be one of the best quarterbacks at the college level for the next four years. He threw for 40 touchdowns and just one interception this season and may well come in and steal Kelly Bryant's job with the Tigers. But this game was a nightmare for him. He threw two interceptions in the first quarter and fumbled twice—though the offense did recover both fumbles. He did have an impressive drive in the fourth quarter, showing off his incredible arm. However, it wasn't enough to salvage a disappointing afternoon.

Source: Bleacher Report

I am more than excited TL signed with Clemson and he will be very good before he leaves, but the people who are screaming at the top of their voices for him to start this year are the same that will throw him to the wolves if he fails as a freshman.
Mark it down, IF he fails these same posters will be calling for Hunter Johnson to step in and save the day.
You will not swallow your pride enough to cry out for KB IF TL were to need more time to develop.

A High School All-Star Game

Jul 21, 2018, 9:35 PM

Is not the forum to judge a player's long-term performance. No one is accustomed to being with one another...there's little sense of timing. What you can assess from those games is the ability to handle/recover from adversity...and leadership. Both were on display...and commented on during the game as well.

So, that said...anyone recall how handling adversity and leadership were on display at the spring game?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: High school all star games

Jul 21, 2018, 10:37 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1st time TL has to tuck and run, ]

I think KB's high school all star game was pretty forgettable, too.

Or would you prefer that we look at KB's backup years, when he turned almost every play into a broken play or fumble?

Good thing he had some success last year, or we'd be in the doodoo today. Nobody wants to play TL because we HAVE to.

Yet in no more than 25 practices and a spring game, Dabo says TL is "right there" behind Kelly, and that's after Streeter said that TL "did not have a good spring game." We all know KB's spring game was bad. Don't you get it? KB does not execute the offense well!

If a starting QB grades out in the 50's or 60's, but his freshman backup grades out higher, how long before YOU would give a frosh a shot? Yes, we know that mistakes are part of the landscape, and they are even more frequent for a QB who takes calculated risks, like TL; but the rewards are so much higher than with KB busting plays and running into the line for 2 yards, 3 straight plays and then us punting rugby-style again. KB wastes so many offensive opportunities that we slow down the game with him at QB. That's how you know who the coaches trust with the keys to the car.

And no, YOU will be the one turning on TL when he fumbles or underthrows a receiver, not us. We will all say, come on D, time to be the eraser so the offense can redeem themselves. You will say, come on D, time to win the game for us again.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,576
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic