Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So let's assume O310 doubles Tee.(stupid if they don't)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

So let's assume O310 doubles Tee.(stupid if they don't)

Dec 12, 2019, 2:44 PM

which means that they put Ross 1 on 1 Rodgers or Ladson 1 on 1, then have to contain ETN with a Safety or LB. That of course means if any gap is missed trevor has a gaping hole to run through while the DB's and LB's are chasing their responsibilities with their backs to Trevor. That would lead to a blow out fast. On the other hand you chose to play 2-High and zone underneath you get gashed by ETN and lynn-J and die a slow, methodical death. I have coached the game of football for over 30 years at many levels, and I while coaching can make up for some lack of physical skill, the Jimmy and Joe's really matter and no one has as much firepower as CLEMSON. No one can take out a Higgins and put in a Ladson, take out a Ross and put in a Ngata, take out a Rodgers and put in an Overton, ETN gets a break and here comes Lynn-J. Oh btw if people do forget #88 who is a legitimate threat catching the ball is available and we all assume he will be good GOD at a DC nightmare.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So let's assume O310 doubles Tee.(stupid if they don't)

Dec 12, 2019, 2:49 PM

All very valid. I really hope we use 88. I saw flashes of what could have been in the spring game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That could happen.

Dec 12, 2019, 2:49 PM

Probability is 1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 2:56 PM

Coaches are still waiting for confirmation of Galloway's availability I've heard. Also Okudah is the top rated CB in the country, I would have to think they put him on an island and tell him to go earn his money vs Tee, not just because he's good but because Clemson's offense has too many weapons to allocate 2 players for 1 Clemson receiver. I would be shocked because Ross will eventually break one on them if they can't account for him over the top and Amari's speed will be unmatched. Etienne has the highest percentage of broken tackles in the country could you imagine a DC saying lets just hope all game the first guy gets him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okudah is great, don't get me wrong...

Dec 12, 2019, 2:59 PM

but there are zero CBs in the country that can shut down Tee 1-on-1 for a whole game. He might not have gaudy stats but he will make some key plays if they put him on an island like that.

But you're right that there's no reason to double him. It's going to be tough enough to cover our WRs as is since there's a steep dropoff in CB talent behind Okudah.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: So let's assume O310 doubles Tee.(stupid if they don't) ]

I don’t think you can double tee. Ross and friends would have a field day imo

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 3:33 PM

0310 st is in for a bad day at the office, in my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: So let's assume O310 doubles Tee.(stupid if they don't) ]

what Kind of determination? He missed 15 games.

Dec 12, 2019, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: So let's assume O310 doubles Tee.(stupid if they don't) ]

I don't care if they put Revis or Richard Sherman on Tee Higgins man up , that would be a mismatch favoring Clemson .
I hope ... nay ... I pray that they try to play Higgins and Ross with man coverage .
Do that .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Higgins, Ross, Overton, Rodgers, Ngata, Etienne...

Dec 12, 2019, 4:49 PM

All those guys can catch the ball and make yards after the catch. If they double Ross or Higgins I look for Amari and Travis to have big days. And if Wisconsin was able to throw it on them, we’re gonna carve them up like a pecan pie. I can’t wait.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Higgins, Ross, Overton, Rodgers, Ngata, Etienne...

Dec 12, 2019, 5:17 PM

Was thinking the same...to see the success Wisconsin and some of the other big10 teams had throwing on OSU...AND...the fact that the big10 is overrated and doesn't have a team with the level of WR talent that we have, they're in for a rude awakening. And yes, Okudah (sp?) is listed as a great CB, but as just stated, ain't hard to look good when you're covering big10 WRs. Period.

Dec 12, 2019, 5:34 PM

Perfectly stated . Good post .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 12, 2019, 5:40 PM

We definitely got the luck of the draw getting OSU. I would rather play OSU than OU any day. Hurts is a far better QB than Fields with more experience and he's been in the big games. Fields is a rookie, and will make rookie mistakes when pressured. Doomsday is coming for OSU.

I still say CLEMSON wins by 24+, and maybe 40 (if we get 1-2 INT's).

Dec 12, 2019, 9:24 PM

From the film I have watched they like to play a single high a lot - 15 yards off the line of scrimmage. Slants and curls should work nicely as their linebackers are not too fast.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic