Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Boyd uses negativity as motivation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Boyd uses negativity as motivation

Dec 24, 2011, 3:22 PM

Boyd uses negativity as motivation

Clemson quarterback didn't let the negativity fueled by a late-season slide slow him down. Instead, he used it as motivation and wound up as the MVP of the ACC Championship Game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can I just say...

Dec 24, 2011, 3:41 PM

that this "wearing the hat brim straight as a board" thing has got to be the stupidest looking fad to come along since the leg bandana in the 80's! I'm not sure what causes your perceived IQ to drop faster; wearing your hat like a mental patient, or wearing your underwear on the outside of your jeans. Just the fact that Justin Bieber wears his hat like this would straighten me out, even if I had come up with the idea in the first place!

Re: Can I just say...

Dec 24, 2011, 3:53 PM

can I just say, I don't care if our players want to wear rainbow striped onesies.....just keep wining.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ALL HAIL FLYINTIGER!!! AGREED!***

Dec 24, 2011, 3:57 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 24, 2011, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Can I just say... ]

Obviously, how they wear their hats has nothing to do with winning football games. I was just pointing out how idiotic it looks when a grown man wears his hat like a 2 year-old wearing his daddy's fishing hat.

Dec 25, 2011, 4:29 PM

I would rather see their hat not being worn the way it was supose to be. Than to be seeing their pants worn down below their A$$. Now that is queer as h&ll....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't be so fast to come down on kids about new styles.

Dec 24, 2011, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Can I just say... ]

The first time I saw anyone wearing a straight brim ball cap was back when Greene played shortstop for the Tigers. I was coaching Dixie League at Liberty or Six Mile at the time and had been a student of the game for almost a decade.

While instructing my players to prepare for a pitch I demanded they get their 'skirts in the dirt,' and keep their heads up at the same time. Try it with a deeply curved ball cap on and you will find that you lose your peripheral vision because of the 'low,' corners of the cap when your butt is low enough to cover a hot grounder right at your sack. Remember, one can come up using muscle power but to get lower the only force one can use is gravity. Therefore, an infielder's glove must always be close enough to reach the ground when the pitch is delivered. This is especially important on attempted double plays and when the infield is playing short to prevent runners from advancing. A second baseman can not watch a runner on first with his ball cap obstructing his vision. The same is true with the SS and a runner on second.

It may be one of the little things (fine tuning) that Khalil did that put him in the majors.

When I was 19 my hair was longer than most girls in my hometown. I grew out of that. What stupid looks did you have as a teenager?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't be so fast to come down on kids about new styles.

Dec 24, 2011, 7:14 PM

i played baseball,and as i got older,softball,since i was knee high to a grashopper,and i have found that wearing my hat curved helps a heck of alot more beneficial than not.the sun can be a biscuit eater when its in your eyes.but,it is a personal decision along the same lines as wearing a batting/fielding glove under your regular glove.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't be so fast to come down on kids about new styles.

Dec 24, 2011, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Don't be so fast to come down on kids about new styles. ]

Being a life-long baseball player myself (I still play nearly every Sunday in a men's league), I will agree with you that [maybe] sometimes there's an advantage to having the brim of your hat out of the way while playing baseball. But what does that have to do with going out to a restaurant? Or going to a movie? I'm sorry, but it just comes off as being ignorant.

And I'm all about kids being kids with their fashions. I live on this earth...I get the concept of fads as it relates to fashion and other things. I'm simply stating that you cannot look at a young man wearing his hat like that, and say to yourself, "Self, there's an intelligent young man that respects his elders and makes the right decisions." That is NOT to say that it is not possible! I understand that, in many cases, it is probable that "this" young man is an upstanding individual. I'm just saying that profiles exist for a reason other than for simply fueling race wars and bigotry. They exist because, more times than not, they are at least accurate to a large degree. So why go out of your way to invoke an image that looks, at best, lazy?

You're making way too big a deal over the hat. I played

Dec 24, 2011, 8:52 PM

baseball as well (3 years in college until I got hurt and quit playing). I wear my bills straight for the most part, because I buy fitted hats and don't want to mess with them. I also have some old hats that I work around in that have bent bills.

I guess my take my be a little different because of age (I'm 24). Maybe you're older and don't get the new trend or whatever, I don't know. Maybe you're younger and just don't like the look. Either way just saying.

Re: You're making way too big a deal over the hat. I played

Dec 24, 2011, 8:59 PM

I hear ya. You're probably right, to some degree, about me just not getting it. I'm 32, so there's probably a little disconnect there. But, as far as it just being a style, maybe it has turned into only that.

I am really surprised, just from a statistics standpoint, though, that so many people are defending the flat-brimmed look. I have to say that surprises me.

Please don't think I am taking this way too serious. I am waiting on my kids to get to sleep so I can get started on their Christmas stuff.

Nah I mean it's cool if you don't like them, I just

Dec 24, 2011, 11:22 PM

personally like the look. Now, when I played ball (I played until I was about 22) I always bent my bill some.

And you're 32 so you're not old or anything, there's

Dec 24, 2011, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: You're making way too big a deal over the hat. I played ]

probably not too big of a disconnect, lol.

I bet people said the same thing...

Dec 24, 2011, 7:36 PM [ in reply to Can I just say... ]

when people were buying straight brims and bending them. That was a fad, too. Seeing how most hats are made with straight brims, maybe that is way it is supposed to be worn.....just saying

Re: I bet people said the same thing...

Dec 24, 2011, 8:50 PM

Sorry. But I have never seen a flat brim, the size of half a dinner plate on any hat, in any old pictures or movies depicting any period in modern history.

I buy $35 dollar hats from Lids all the time, and choose not

Dec 24, 2011, 8:54 PM [ in reply to I bet people said the same thing... ]

to bend the crap out of the bills. Have plenty of friends who do the same. If someone has a problem with that they should say something to someone in person instead of coming on a message board and venting. I don't get it.

Re: I buy $35 dollar hats from Lids all the time, and choose not

Dec 24, 2011, 9:02 PM

Come on, man! Why does it have to turn into me being some weirdo with no life on a message board? It's just something I've always wanted to have a discussion about and, right now, I have nothing else better to do.

And why on EARTH would I ever approach someone to tell them I hate their flat-billed hat? I'm liable to get the crap stomped out of me for all I know, with young people today.

You seriously have an issue with the hat? Really? Wow, just

Dec 24, 2011, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Can I just say... ]

wow.

Re: You seriously have an issue with the hat? Really? Wow, just

Dec 24, 2011, 8:53 PM

Hahaha!

I don't have an "issue" with HIS hat, per se. I'm just bringing this up as a topic of discussion, more than anything.

Calm down with the "wows."

Agreed - just makes the wearer look goofy !***

Dec 26, 2011, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Can I just say... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

The Dumpers Motivate him. You're Welcome Pumpers! haha***

Dec 24, 2011, 4:17 PM

Hieroglyphics recently discovered in Pharoah's Tomb ...

Dec 24, 2011, 8:09 PM

Carved into a limestone tablet and translated into English are the words:

"This younger generation does not respect their elders. They do not listen, and they do not work hard. The world is a more dangerous place with their caerefree and reckless behavior. May the true Gods save us all."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hieroglyphics recently discovered in Pharoah's Tomb ...

Dec 24, 2011, 8:48 PM

Very clever. But you have missed my point, entirely. I am very aware that "What has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." Ecclesiastes 1:9. Did you really think I was suggesting that these attributes were new? Wow...

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd uses negativity as motivation

Dec 26, 2011, 12:36 AM

I do believe those hats were fresh out of a box.
They may also get some brand new, flat-packed hats that say "Orange Bowl Champs" pretty soon. If you prefer that they properly adjust them to your fashion preference instead of rapidly sticking them on their heads in a fit of enthusiasm, by all means write a letter to, uh, someone who might GAS.

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd uses negativity as motivation

Dec 26, 2011, 10:41 AM

Lost in the hat maze is the fact that some piece of trash egged Boyd's house. What a loser/s. Booing pisses me off, but this is a whole new level of b.s.

Negativity motivates? OK.. Tajh- U R awful & can't beat WVU!***

Dec 26, 2011, 2:15 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic