Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey, this is serious chit.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 537

Hey, this is serious chit.

Dec 15, 2018, 11:20 AM

I'm 66 now and I'd never heard of penor farts until a few days ago. During a short shopping trip with my oldest son this morning he shared a coworker had the same symptom.

The coworker started with some pre-cancer screening which lead to a colostomy. The colostomy showed a spot which tested as cancerous. Some kind of scan showed he had a penetration in his bowel which had migrated to his bladder where the gas was introduced.

I hope this scares the hail out of all you guys so much that you start having regular test.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, hail no, this ain't going to page two until the person..

Dec 15, 2018, 9:36 PM

talking about peter farts reads it. Sorry, I know you guys aren't comfortable talking about it but it's a heck of a lot more important to him than your comfort is to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wife told me my pen15 is not farting***

Dec 15, 2018, 10:06 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dead pen15s don't count.***

Dec 16, 2018, 6:12 AM

You takin Man Queef?***

Dec 16, 2018, 8:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You takin Man Queef?***

Dec 16, 2018, 10:40 AM

No, when a poster reported man queefing here last week I laughed and though he was joking. When my son reported it linked to colon cancer which had spread though the colon wall and infected the bladder I cringed and reported it so our friend would know to seek medical attention immediately.

I would hope everyone here would share such a story for the benefit of others. We're all Clemson, right?

Re: Hey, this is serious chit.

Dec 16, 2018, 10:53 AM

TigerBlood99

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you.

Dec 16, 2018, 8:13 PM

If I miss him tomorrow I'll send him a tmail.

Hey Tigerblood!***

Dec 17, 2018, 10:45 AM

Sounds like the cure will be much worse than the disease***

Dec 17, 2018, 5:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cancer.

Dec 17, 2018, 5:31 PM

Can you imagine the complications from bowel gas entering the bladder?

BTW, I'm keeping this up front until TBlood reads it.
Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

I'd imagine septicemia to begin with.

Dec 17, 2018, 5:34 PM

Then it would get worse.

You're pretty much dead at the point your bowel has rotted into your rotting bladder

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a fistula can form between the urinary tract and bowels

Dec 17, 2018, 5:44 PM

you’d literally be peeing ####....liquid #### or whatever could pass through the fistula. I’m assuming you meant colonoscopy and not colostomy. You guys that have turned 50 and haven’t had a screening better gets your butts checked (literally). Especially if you have a family history. Better to take off a small precancerous polyp then have a colostomy bag hanging off your side catching feces for the rest of your life because you didn’t feel like having a simple exam.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think my spell checker helped me with that.

Dec 17, 2018, 8:19 PM

Frankly, I was so upset that someone here was presenting symptoms which may be cancerous I really didn't give a rats hooters about the spelling. I just wanted it out there.

The first stages of colon testing is done at home. You mail a stool sample, stick a pin in poop,' and they check for blood. I have one on the dresser I'll fix up and send off this week.

Re: I think my spell checker helped me with that.

Dec 17, 2018, 9:09 PM

There’s a lot of false positives with those but I guess I’d rather have a false positive than not. Seems if you wipe too hard or have hemorrhoids that bleed, you could get blood in it. If I’m not mistaken, colon cancer is like the third leading cause of cancer deaths. I think they’re even changing the recommendation for screening from 50 to 45.

Good on you to take it serious enough to even test for it. I’ve known people who’ve gone to 70-80 years old till their first colonoscopy and then find advanced colon cancer. Hey if only they’d begun screening at 50, it would have potentially been caught and removed early as a tiny polyp...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 537
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic