Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it bad that I think we could go 11-1 this season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 2,242

Is it bad that I think we could go 11-1 this season?

Mar 18, 2014, 12:33 PM

My friends seem to think 8-4, 9-3 at best...

I've never favored myself an optimist, more of a realist/pessimist. Something feels different about this team and the aura of confidence that seems to be exuding from our coaches makes me think this team can be special.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree. Wouldn't be surprised if we won 8 or 11

Mar 18, 2014, 12:36 PM

We simply won't know until everyone shows up in Athens. We're not young, we've got what appears to be a stout defense. It really is a question of whether we can continue to score points in bunches or not.

If we sustain or improve on last year's offense and are better in the secondary, I'd lean towards 11. If our secondary can't get it together in the first quarter of the season, that 8 win total becomes a higher likelihood. Ditto for the offense, we're going to have to put some points up early in the season while the secondary breaks in.

as long as the one

Mar 18, 2014, 12:42 PM

ain't the coots!

Nope, counting that one as a W***

Mar 18, 2014, 12:52 PM

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I see 10-2.

Mar 18, 2014, 12:47 PM

I think FSU is a loss, and I think we go 1-1 between UGA and SCar. Both of those teams lost their QB's like us, so really no one knows what any of our teams will look like. Thinking we go 2-0 though through those 2 games isn't delusional though.

FSU is the one I was thinking an L...

Mar 18, 2014, 12:55 PM

Which is unfortunate b/c I think that game may carry the most weight in our aspirations to go to a playoff. I understand those are big dreams for what feels like a new offense, but I feel like we've got some great talent...

A couple more arrest at UGA and I will start to consider

Mar 18, 2014, 1:01 PM [ in reply to It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I see 10-2. ]

that game a strong lean. You just can not have double dip loses to SEC teams. I bet those UGA players order double dip ice cream for dessert.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I see 10-2.

Mar 18, 2014, 1:10 PM [ in reply to It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I see 10-2. ]

I believe without a doubt that Dylan Thompson will have to beat us with his arm. I don't in anyway shape or form seeing that happening with our very experienced D line and LBs. Plus I believe our secondary will be improved. Coots lost Clown and Kelcy Quarles on their D line. It won't be as strong this year I don't think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: It's not out of the realm of possibility, but I see 10-2.

Mar 18, 2014, 1:24 PM

He already did that!

I knew posting this topic would attract coots...and like

Mar 18, 2014, 1:27 PM

clock work, like bloody chum in shark waters, like bread crumbs in roach infested apartment, here you are...less than an hour to attract one.

yes.. 5 hail Mary's***

Mar 18, 2014, 12:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I don't get the "at best"

Mar 18, 2014, 1:28 PM

"At best", Clemson will go undefeated and win the national championship.

I think 8-4 is an at worst situation for Clemson, with 10-2 the most likely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Is it bad that I think we could go 11-1 this season?

Mar 18, 2014, 1:29 PM

how dare you feel that way. havent you gotten the memo that this is a glass half empty board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

11-1 is very possible

Mar 18, 2014, 1:35 PM

8-4 would be a bad season. That would probably mean 0-3 against FSU, UGA and SCar and dropping one to somebody like UNC or Louisville. I'll say 10-2. Losses at UGA and FSU. Hope I'm wrong because I want 12-0! ;)

Re: 11-1 is very possible

Mar 18, 2014, 1:42 PM

UGA had a very young D last year, and they have had 4 just go to jail. Surly those 4 won't play in the opener. And I think that they had already lost a D player from injury before this. And they are with new QB just as we are. They are at home, and that will be tough. But I think we win!!!

My glass is always more than half full!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: 11-1 is very possible

Mar 18, 2014, 1:47 PM

Really? I'm out of the loop. What happened? Who got arrested? We're all 4 starters?

anybody else think we are going to have the best o-line in recent year

Mar 18, 2014, 1:54 PM

I know we have alot of question marks at some of the positions but going against the near dline in the country should do nothing but help them

Yeah, it has the chance to be good. Just hope Kalon

Mar 18, 2014, 1:58 PM

and eventually Region will be able to contribute. I think it's hard to replace guys like Thomas and Shatley. Shatley was a straight beast. Never really heard much from him, mainly b/c he did his job and did pretty well. The guy was freakishly strong and I think he was mentioned as one of the strongest guys on the team next to Watson.

12-0 Why not with best D in country?***

Mar 18, 2014, 2:08 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 12-0 Why not with best D in country?***

Mar 18, 2014, 2:14 PM

Wow, best D in country? Really? FSU and 51 says hello, + 30 in last 3 games vs BCS says hello. You might be improved but best??

Hey shitbrick, what does the past have to do with next year?***

Mar 18, 2014, 2:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey shitbrick, what does the past have to do with next year?***

Mar 18, 2014, 2:44 PM

Just trying to figure out how a team goes from giving up that many points to having the best defense in the nation. I mean do you really believe you are going to have the best defense in the nation?

Based on what do you think you will have the BEST defense in the nation? I do think you'll be improved but to claim you'll have the best may be stretching it a little.

How is that, terdhead?

Auburn went from worst to best in the SEC in a single season

Mar 18, 2014, 2:47 PM

in the big bad SEC...

So no, it isn't a stretch considering we will have one of the strongest defensive lines in the country as a given.

Michigan State had a solid D, went 12-1

Mar 18, 2014, 3:17 PM

I think MSU is a good example of the type of success a team can have with an excellent defense. I think we're in a similar situation next year.
They got efficient play from their QB Connor Cook, 22 TDs 6 INTs. And I think we'll be looking for those type of numbers from our guy next season. He really caught fire towards the end of the season as they let him throw it more, especially in the Big10 CG.

What baffles me is that MSU's only blemish on the season was a 13-17 loss @ ND. So these guys were that close. Rose Bowl champs and conference champs. Not bad.

Yeah, those drastic of turnarounds aren't all that unheard

Mar 18, 2014, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey shitbrick, what does the past have to do with next year?*** ]

of...like above poster said, AU is a great example.

Best case

Mar 18, 2014, 2:10 PM

National champs first year of playoff, worst case 4 losses.

If looking at auburns turnaround with a revamped offensive scheme and former cornerback at QB doesn't open your eyes with the players we have then you're not paying attention.

I'm shooting for 12-0***

Mar 18, 2014, 2:39 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty crazy considering we have no idea how our QB will

Mar 18, 2014, 2:48 PM

perform. The popular trend on Tigernet is downplay Boyd's accomplishments and point out his flaws. That's followed by a claim that the next QB will be better, probably right away in their first start at UGA.

Personally i think all of that is retarded.

Can we go 11-1? Sure. Our defense could potentially be nasty and if we get great QB play to go along with it we could definitely win 11 games. Will all of that happen? Probably not. But it could.

Your friends probably said the same thing the last 3 years***

Mar 18, 2014, 2:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that was more likely me...lol. That's why it's crazy of

Mar 18, 2014, 2:59 PM

me to have such a good feeling about this season.

Just assume 15-0 until proven otherwise....

Mar 18, 2014, 3:08 PM

Since it's all conjecture at this point, why not conject big?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean

Mar 18, 2014, 3:13 PM

I like to think our QB play is better than Auburn's no matter who we go with between Kelly/Stoudt, especially throwing the ball. AU does not have the tight ends and backs we do, or wideouts. They are talented but now we have the pieces to commit to the run and not put it all in the qb's hands like we did with Boyd many times. That and an improved d, why not optimistic?

Re: Is it bad that I think we could go 11-1 this season?

Mar 18, 2014, 3:34 PM

I think 11-1 is absolutely a distinct possibility. FSU certainly raises questions as does UGA week one and Louisville wont be a pushover. Scar is also a hill that needs climbing, but the schedule sets up nice. If we can break through the first half of the year and only lose one...I think we def. go 11-1...and NEVER count out the 12-0!!

This season will be just like last season, FSU & the Coots.

Mar 18, 2014, 3:43 PM

That's our season right there.

We'll sail through the rest of our schedule.

Replies: 33
| visibility 2,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic