»
Topic: LBBiLL checking in while about to go jet boating @ LKN.
Replies: 7   Last Post: Aug 13, 2020 9:15 AM by: ninetytwotiger®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

LBBiLL checking in while about to go jet boating @ LKN.

emoji_events [8]
Posted: Aug 12, 2020 4:21 PM

That’s Lake Norman above Charlotte..largest lake in Nc. Spud would be a real hero here & could rustle up a lot listing to boot.

Checking out the old 1993 Whaler 14’ Jet b/4 I take the 2 youngest granddaughters out tomorrow to ride, swim & eat terribly good food. Ha..

Go TiGERS!

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Have a great time LBB!

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2020 4:24 PM

I very much remember many great times with my Grandfathers.

2020 white level member

Re: LBBiLL checking in while about to go jet boating @ LKN.

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2020 4:30 PM

Did not know Whaler made a jet ski boat - let us know how it rides and planes above the water in shallow depths. And enjoy the ride and time well spent with granddaughters!

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

^ Needs 9” min but like 18” water depth when riding the edges.

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 4:35 PM

Have Had 21 years so have lived on Ebay getting used Yamaha parts including a used 1992 650cc 50hp engine purchased & I installed in 2014.

Runs about 25 knots which is nice ride.

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2020 4:37 PM

Watching Bill's escapades has had me scouring BoatTrader, etc for a 92 or 92 Whaler Rage. Those were powered by a 650cc 50hp Yamaha and as such parts are easy to come by from your local Yamaha dealer. Later models had bigger engines but are harder to get parts.

Still haven't found the right one yet.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Hey ninetytwotiger...

Posted: Aug 12, 2020 6:18 PM

it’s yours next Spring IF I go to simple 12-15’ flat bottom wooden skiff with 15-25hp motor & a fuel tank.

At 80 I’ll want to keep it simple & slower. Ha..

Re: Hey ninetytwotiger...

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 9:15 AM

I've been looking for a freshwater one up here in the Midwest but it is appearing to be a pipe dream. If/when the time comes that you consider moving on from the Rage, I would definitely want to discuss. You've had it +20 years and sounds like and looks like it has received lots of TLC.

[1]
Posted: Aug 12, 2020 6:36 PM

Thanks for sharing Bill. Have fun and be safe!

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Virginia
FOR SALE: I have 2 Virginia game parking passes and I want to sell one of them for $25 - one in Lot 10 and one...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
1037 people have read this post