Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking forward to Charlotte!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Looking forward to Charlotte!

Nov 14, 2017, 10:09 AM

Hey, everyone. I'm a Miami alum, and I just wanted to reach out to discuss the upcoming ACC Title Game. We're beyond excited to represent the Coastal Division (Finally!!), and I'm really looking forward to a great game with the Tigers!

I'm not here to trash talk (well, maybe a little). Honestly, Clemson is my favorite team in the ACC other than Miami). You have the best fans and best coach in CFB, IMO. I should probably be pissed at the 58-0 beating you gave us three years ago, but we truly deserved it. And it got Al Golden fired, so we have that to thank you for.

I'm intrigued to see how we match up with the Tigers. It will be a challenge to defend Kelly Bryant and the running game. Glad Deshaun Watson is playing in the NFL, but Bryant has really impressed me. I expect we'll try to attack Clemson's offense much like we did ND. Manny Diaz is comfortable putting 8 in the box and leaving our CBs in man coverage on the outside. Priority will be stuffing the run and containing him. I expect Bryant will have to throw the ball successfully to win.

On offense, I think we're improving but still too inconsistent. Rosier has been a slow starter, though that wasn't the case against ND. He's streaky, but he's been protecting the ball much better. Key will be if Homer can get going, and Rosier can use the read option to open up the passing game.

We've been getting better every week, and Richt has done a great job of playing underclassmen to improve our depth. Hopefully we can keep fine-tuning over the next 2 weeks, without suffering any injuries.

I think whatever happens, it will be close at the half. Our coaching staff has been fantastic at halftime adjustments, and I think that will be the key.

Anyway, I hope and expect both teams will win their remaining games. Most of all, I hope both teams make the 4-team playoff, regardless of who wins. We need a repeat ACC champion! Interested to hear your thoughts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking forward to Charlotte! In the modern era

Nov 14, 2017, 10:12 AM

(since you joined the ACC) I believe the visiting team has won each game. Interesting to me to see what a neutral site produces given that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome!

Nov 14, 2017, 10:13 AM

Be ready for snippy comments and keep your sense of humor around here, you'll need it. Look forward to talking about ACCCG, after we beat a tough in-state opponent, The Citadel.

This thread should be fun

Nov 14, 2017, 10:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Hey bruh! Few thoughts about the big game.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:21 AM

Charlotte is a pretty much devoid of any culture whatsoever. However, they do have more BBQ restaurants than Cuban restaurants. Advantage Clemson

The weather will be similar there to the weather in Clemson. It will be colder than Miami. Advantage Clemson

We have poker chips, you have a gold chain that I don't think is real gold or it would have disappeared by now. Nonetheless, Dave Ramsey recommends gold over gambling. Advantage: Miami

Our most well known player created rap song is "We 2 Deep". Yours is "Seventh Floor Crew". Tie

We have no former players charged with murder. Miami has at least two. Advantage: Depends on stadium security measures

Will Smith never made a song about Clemson. Advantage: Clemson

Mark Richt's wife hands out gatorade on the sidelines. Dabo's wife does not. Advantage: Miami if we lose any waterboys to injury.

I wish you well, this should be intriguing indeed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey bruh! Few thoughts about the big game.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:24 AM

> Our most well known player created rap song is "We 2
> Deep". Yours is "Seventh Floor Crew". Tie

We also have "The Super Bowl Shuffle" so advantage Clemson.

https://vimeo.com/135203185

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure how to say this, nwillhit, but

Nov 14, 2017, 10:25 AM

that was the Chicago Bears.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not sure how to say this, nwillhit, but

Nov 14, 2017, 10:26 AM

We can't take credit for William Perry?

My bad.

Steve Fuller being shorted again...***

Nov 14, 2017, 11:14 AM

Nov 14, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey bruh! Few thoughts about the big game. ]

Also want to point out in the area of music, our DE Chad Thomas is an accomplished producer and artist who's already produced tracks for Rick Ross and others. I expect we'll be hearing more from him when his playing days are through. So advantage Miami.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/03/20/meet-the-miami-hurricanes-football-player-who-produced-a-rick-ross-track/?utm_term=.c62c77a151d2

Advantage Miami?

Nov 14, 2017, 10:55 AM

Are they replacing the traditional coin toss with a battle rap?

Nov 14, 2017, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey bruh! Few thoughts about the big game. ]

Rick Ross wore a Clemson jacket in his Yella Diamonds music video, so it's a push.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey bruh! Few thoughts about the big game. ]

Don't forget the Orange Bowl March !

Nov 14, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey bruh! Few thoughts about the big game. ]

Don't forget the Orange Bowl March !

Nov 14, 2017, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Hey bruh! Few thoughts about the big game. ]

Concise analysis! ;)

Don't think there's any dispute that TheU is cooler, especially right now. We've definitely cornered the hip hop market. I don't think you get to claim the Superbowl Shuffle just because the Fridge was in it though. If that's the case, we're definitely claiming all the Fast and Furious movies.

Weather will be interesting. I'm glad our next two games will be in the cold, giving our guys a chance to get used to it.

FTR, the Turnover chain is real gold - I think 10k, since it gets handled a lot. And the stones are real! AJ Machado don't make no crap. Hope you get a chance to see it in person!

In any case, I think it's gonna be an epic game. Just glad our guys know how to pull games out at the end.

Go Canes!

The U is cooler?

Nov 14, 2017, 11:58 AM

Where are you getting your facts?

The fact that you want the Fast and Furious movies

Nov 14, 2017, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey bruh! Few thoughts about the big game. ]

means we win.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is an outstanding analysis...

Nov 14, 2017, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Hey bruh! Few thoughts about the big game. ]

of trivial factors which display complete disrespect for a visiting fan and his team. It's like the mange and junge had a baby.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is an outstanding analysis...

Nov 14, 2017, 12:50 PM

I don't mind! I'm on your board - expect to get some crap. I've never had a Clemson fan be anything but nice in person, though.

That's the spirit!

Nov 15, 2017, 10:28 AM

We're not that bad, we just like to mess with outsiders ;)

All I can say is I hope you guys stay undefeated until

Nov 14, 2017, 10:27 AM

Charlotte ...

Don't want no loophole for media getting 2 SEC teams in the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Know..I love South Beach & the Wimmens

Nov 14, 2017, 10:41 AM

Plus the big Rum Runners but glad game is in Charlotte where our Orange-clad fans should outnumber yours.

Drive safely!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All I can say is I hope you guys stay undefeated until

Nov 14, 2017, 10:47 AM [ in reply to All I can say is I hope you guys stay undefeated until ]

You and me both! Want to see 11-1 Clemson and 11-0 Miami. It's our best shot to get 2 teams into the playoff...

That canceled game isn't going to help

Nov 14, 2017, 11:06 AM

your rèsume with the CFP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

"Our" best shot?

Nov 14, 2017, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: All I can say is I hope you guys stay undefeated until ]

"Get 2 teams in the playoffs?"

This ain't the SEC, "we" only want to see 1 team in the playoffs, and it's not gold chain U!!

;)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Clemson wins

Nov 14, 2017, 12:00 PM

56-3

Chain U kickes a late FG to make it look closer than it was

;)

Re: I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Clemson wins

Nov 14, 2017, 12:49 PM

Well that would at least be closer than our last meeting.

Ha!

Nov 15, 2017, 10:29 AM

Kidding. I see this as a 28-24 kind of game

Re: Looking forward to Charlotte!

Nov 14, 2017, 12:54 PM

Be warned while most welcome you and love to talk fb, there are some who are snarky and borderline offensive. But take heart, it’s not you, they treat everyone that way

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Looking forward to Charlotte!***

Nov 14, 2017, 12:57 PM

Re: Looking forward to Charlotte!

Nov 14, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Looking forward to Charlotte! ]

I get worse in my fantasy league every day, I assure you. God knows there are some Miami fans who are total jagoffs. I apologize in advance if any find their way to your board. Some days, I can't stand to read ours.

Welcome! Should be a battle.

Nov 14, 2017, 1:54 PM

Nice to have UGA's castaway coach, eh? ;)

Congrats on your team's resurgence! I haven't been paying much attention to your team but I'm thinking we need to get Bryant's long ball form back from the beginning of the season. If we have that threat, and a healthy team, then Miami will have their hands full for sure.

Good luck against UVA and Pitt and see you in December!

null

Re: Welcome! Should be a battle.

Nov 15, 2017, 11:16 AM

Riche's move from UGA to UM was a win-win. Both teams are better.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic