Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey, Roe,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 766

Hey, Roe,

Sep 4, 2018, 2:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, Roe,

Sep 4, 2018, 3:42 PM

Hey back-room, life-threatening, illegal abortions....come on down!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just a reminder

Sep 4, 2018, 3:51 PM

All abortions are already life threatening because it always involves murdering a baby.

HTH

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

^^big gubmit liberal^[***

Sep 4, 2018, 4:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey, Roe,

Sep 4, 2018, 3:43 PM

I always marveled at how "small govt." conservatives don't bat an eye when the 'govt.' tries to extend it's power inside a human body.

you mean they think the gov. should protect life?***

Sep 4, 2018, 3:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you mean they think the gov. should protect life?***

Sep 4, 2018, 3:54 PM

The government should not have the power to tell a woman what she can do with her own body.

I am morally opposed to abortions, but it isn't my body and I don't think government should have that kind of power any more that it can tell you who you can have sex with.

It is not the place of government to enforce peoples religious beliefs.

that's a valid point. you should amend the Constitution***

Sep 4, 2018, 3:56 PM

Re: that's a valid point. you should amend the Constitution***

Sep 4, 2018, 4:00 PM

Not necessary, it's already protected.

for a few more days***

Sep 4, 2018, 4:11 PM

If it were the woman's body, the woman would be dead not the

Sep 4, 2018, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: you mean they think the gov. should protect life?*** ]

baby. Just sayin'

Why are you anti-science?

Sep 5, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: you mean they think the gov. should protect life?*** ]

Science tells us that the fetus isn't part of the woman's body.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually it would give the responsiblity back to the STATES

Sep 4, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey, Roe, ]

which is where it was before Roe.

Abortion would not be illegal...only governed by the States.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's because you don't really understand what...

Sep 4, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey, Roe, ]

"small government" means to conservatives

"limited" doesn't necessarily mean absolutely small***

Sep 5, 2018, 1:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you think the government should be big enough

Sep 4, 2018, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey, Roe, ]

to try to keep people from dismembering you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've given up trying to reconcile how "conservatives" hold

Sep 4, 2018, 4:03 PM

the position they do on this. On one hand, all life is valuable and must be protected. On the other hand, that baby you can't afford to take care of that I forced you to have? None of my tax dollars are going to support that thing. You shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place.

But then I remember all the people that use veterans as an excuse to be outraged by football players kneeling for the anthem, but don't actually care about the 50K homeless veterans on our streets in the least. The picture starts to come together.

Most of you don't actually care about fetuses. Some guy in church said you should, but if you can't think critically about what a life actually is, then you live in this impossibly stupid position. So, tell us...is a sperm a "life"? An egg? Why not? A fertilized egg? A fertilized egg implanted in a uterine wall? A 1 week old clump of cells? A what point does it have a soul? At what point do you mourn the death of that clump of cells? 3 weeks? 7 weeks? Does a 12 week old fetus carry the same value of life as a breathing, out-of-the-womb human?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my son was born premature and spent weeks in the NICU

Sep 4, 2018, 4:16 PM

When he was there, there were many other babies who weighed less than a pound. Many were on medicaid and had Hispanic last names.

As viewed my son in the isolette, and saw also the other tiny lives, I couldnt help but the think about the callous statements and immoral attitudes of those on the left would believe its OK to kill a young child.

And for the record, I'm a member of a liberal mainline denomination.

Oh, so you're willing to contribute your tax dollars to

Sep 4, 2018, 4:23 PM

expand social programs needed to support the extra mouths to feed. Cool. This was easier than I thought.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What if I contribute large sums of money to private...

Sep 4, 2018, 4:29 PM

charities that take care of needy people? Am I allowed then to believe that the Federal gov shouldn't have forced all states to legalize abortion?

What if I believe federal social programs live outside of the constitutionally defined role for the federal government and that those kinds of programs only belong at the state and local levels?

so, you're saying your support for abortion is

Sep 4, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Oh, so you're willing to contribute your tax dollars to ]

premised on folks not willing to pay for childcare for others?

that's one of the cruelest things i've ever heard. and you call conservatives Hitler?

been there, done that

Sep 4, 2018, 4:42 PM [ in reply to my son was born premature and spent weeks in the NICU ]

the NICU can be a very depressing place

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I have wondered the same.

Sep 4, 2018, 4:51 PM [ in reply to I've given up trying to reconcile how "conservatives" hold ]

As well as people who are against abortion, but for capital punishment.

It has nothing to do with "life" or anything of the sort.

Sep 4, 2018, 5:21 PM [ in reply to I've given up trying to reconcile how "conservatives" hold ]

It has to do with abortion not being an enumerated power of the federal government per the Constitution. It belongs with the States.

Always enjoy these 'states rights' arguments***

Sep 4, 2018, 7:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't that the crux of the Roe decision?***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:55 PM

thats true. and I'd support making it illegal in NC***

Sep 4, 2018, 8:58 PM [ in reply to It has nothing to do with "life" or anything of the sort. ]

I think you underestimate the comprehensive understanding...

Sep 4, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to I've given up trying to reconcile how "conservatives" hold ]

of the Bible which most Christians have. A verse which most Christian people know and understand well and is part of the fundamental teachings of Christianity.

Jeremiah 1:5
5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

All three of your statements are your presumptions of what others think. You couldn't be more mistaken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For one, I don't think most conservatives think that

Sep 5, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to I've given up trying to reconcile how "conservatives" hold ]

For another, it's not hard at all to reconcile that preventing killing somebody doesn't commit you to financially supporting the person whose life you saved. That this would be hard for anybody to understand just speaks to how ideological and partisan the issue has become. You want to dismiss what you feel compelled to acknowledge because you don't like the crowd you think you'd be put in if you let yourself acknowledge it. What's more, you're trying to insert an irrelevant poison pill.

And that's not even getting into the problem with Roe as constitutional law.

Can we still wack off or will you try to save those

Sep 4, 2018, 4:33 PM

potential humans also?

https://taskandpurpose.com/new-bill-fine-men-100-masturbating-yes-jerk-off-tax/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and....

Sep 4, 2018, 4:34 PM

/absurd-argument-point-reached

These people pretend like science ended in the 18th century***

Sep 5, 2018, 1:53 PM

You know we will, brother

Sep 4, 2018, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Can we still wack off or will you try to save those ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will be interesting...

Sep 4, 2018, 5:56 PM

Might play out this way:

Abortion is sent back to states to decide.

Republican states, which generally speaking, are some of the poorest states, will make abortion illegal. People with money, regardless of party, will either have the baby or go to a state where abortion is still legal. So the end result will be the poorest people in the poorest states having more babies. Probably a recipe for chaos but, oh well, we need to legislate morality.

Now obviously the cost of welfare will increase in these states. So maybe we let the states make the decision on welfare too, no more federal handouts free loading states. Now the people with money in the poor states can stop providing for the poor, which is drastically increasing in numbers, because people aren't going to stop fck1ing. This will lead social chaos, rioting, and a general break down of society in these states.

Meanwhile, states with abortion will see the beauty of Trumps border wall and redirect the money saved on supporting welfare in the poor states to building walls between their state and the poor states.

Let me simplify your point for you....

Sep 4, 2018, 7:11 PM

"All the transplant Yankees will go back home".

Hallelujah and congratulations, you just made the best case I've heard yet for banning abortion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we make other laws based on economic grounds....

Sep 4, 2018, 8:49 PM [ in reply to This will be interesting... ]

like this?

Sure, won’t impact me. I’m just fine.***

Sep 4, 2018, 9:07 PM

If you're against abortion, I'm fine with that

Sep 4, 2018, 8:06 PM

I fully support your personal decision not to have one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you also support the decision to murder children?***

Sep 5, 2018, 8:31 AM

Replies: 38
| visibility 766
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic