Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey Dabo, doesn't the Spring game count?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Hey Dabo, doesn't the Spring game count?

Aug 28, 2018, 9:03 PM

Always says it is based on performance and the best player will start....bull crap!

Trevor clearly outplayed KB in Spring game..head to head. Don't that count!!!

Throws out selective stats on kelly

loyalty to a fault!

Last 2 games KB played were terrible......playoff game and spring game, Don't they coun in the evaluationT??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Dabo, doesn't the Spring game count?

Aug 28, 2018, 9:05 PM

so the spring game was a game huh. lmfao. got it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 9:10 PM

It's a scrimmage, like the others. But you can't say it doesn't count at all. Yes, the run was taken from the QB's...but hasn't it been the entire spring and fall camps? Elliott even said they haven't seen Bryant's biggest attribute yet, the running (which means none of it has been with live QB's), so really what's the difference between the spring game and any other practice they have used for their grading?? There's not one. If you say the spring game isn't a good measure for them (all 4 of them), then you might as well say none of the practices and other scrimmages were either.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:26 PM

BOOOOM YoooW!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you nailed it

Aug 28, 2018, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey Dabo, doesn't the Spring game count? ]

by that logic if the stats are legit which i have my doubts..because suddenly bryant got great with out being able to use his legs when no cameras were around how odd is that

The Spring game is one of several scrimmages that for sure counts.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:10 PM

But it's a scrimmage. KB looked pretty good in several other scrimmages.

Just be patient. You can't bench your QB based off practice when the other guy has never taken a college snap. You have to let TL win the team over in the game.

That is TL's task. KB's task is to play well to prevent that from happening.

Re: The Spring game is one of several scrimmages that for sure counts.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:22 PM

^ This.

Kelly was always going to have it...he earned it and did nothing to lose it. They told everyone weeks ago that if they end even, Kelly gets the nod. Match that with Elliott yesterday saying the 3 areas Kelly is ahead are game management, leadership, and confidence, it pretty much shows that in regards to the coaches, Trevor has checked off most if not all of the other boxes and is likely pretty even, give or take them having their own things one is better than the other. And beyond game specific things he won't have until he gets some game experience (which all 3 of those are more game related than situational practice related...you don't get game management proven until you are in games, you don't show your full capabilities of leadership until you are on the field in games, and confidence or lack of is also shown/obtained in games), Kelly has earned and would be the game 1 starter baring injury (or as latest news, transfer possibility).

But now both have to play in the games, and as the coaches said, no one on the team has a life time contract. Kelly earned the game 1 start, now he has to keep earning game 2, game 3...hopefully, the improvements they mention are taken to the field.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:32 PM

And if it wasn't already known how D amn good Trevor Lawrence was, why even contemplate transferring to begin with. All of this is sounding like it's coming from around a fish camp, peeyouu it's starting to smell fishy isn't it!!! That should have never been brought up by KB or anyone else, it does more harm than it could have ever done good!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 9:40 PM

I don't think it's fishy...I just think that the coaches are being careful how much they put out there. Dabo's always been one to not talk too highly of freshmen too early...doesn't want it getting to their heads. Part of him managing the mental side. He also can't sound like he's not behind his proven QB. I do believe from seeing/reading several things that Trevor is much further along than several on these boards realize or want to see. And the lack of hearing equal info on all 4 isn't helping the matter.

yup him saying that reeks of

Aug 28, 2018, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: The Spring game is one of several scrimmages that for sure counts. ]

he was promised the starting spot game one if he stayed

Aug 28, 2018, 9:13 PM

No yeah, I got you

1 performance, the team obviously only practices and only has that one time to show their skills and earn playing time

Like dude Dabo, do you know what you're doing?? it's like you've never won a nation championship as a player and coach

the nerve of that guy

Aug 28, 2018, 9:28 PM

For the record, it is the only practice and scrimmage of 2018 that was held in front of 65% of the stadium capacity worth of public...plus Nationally televised. The only one that had at least GT's entire stadium capacity at it.

You sound like a jealous coot.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:16 PM

Who wishes they had half the riches that Clemson has.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:18 PM

Of course it does which means KB must have been really good in the other scrimmages. We'll see if he can keep it going on Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing him play really well.

I wish I was sad enough to log onto my rivals website and stir up ####***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:24 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another Chicken troll...

Aug 28, 2018, 9:25 PM

With another dumb post...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

shut the *$&% up***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:37 PM

Aug 28, 2018, 9:45 PM

No it doesn't and neither do you. Man you coot trolls are dumb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 9:48 PM

Cool, than no other non-live scrimmage nor practice does either, which would be...well, all of them (if you are eliminating the only one of 2018 that had 2/3 of a game atmosphere at it), so guess you just went back to square 1. Nice job.

Aug 28, 2018, 9:45 PM

No it doesn't and neither do you. Man you coot trolls are dumb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2018, 9:47 PM

Man I’m sick of these stupid posts.
It’s like some of you think Dabo wants to screw the season up.
I assure you he doesn’t and will make the necessary decisions for the best of the team .
Do you really believe he sticks with a QB that’s not getting it done ?

Aug 28, 2018, 9:49 PM

The ones talking like this are the ones that didn't read Dabo say he won't.

Time for Crump to look at this guys post history

Aug 29, 2018, 12:18 AM

and send him to the dumpster.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic