Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank you for your hospitality
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,305

Thank you for your hospitality

Aug 31, 2014, 8:32 PM

Thank you for allowing me to hang out as a guest over the last 18 months or so ... I have always made a habit of hanging out on a board of the team that we open up with. I can say it has been most enjoyable and quite entertaining. I have enjoyed the healthy mix of serious football, smack talk, and bizarre humor ... of which I enjoyed most of all.

I have always respect Clemson academically and as a sports competitor. Though I have not been on the earth as long as lightbulbbill ... (or OilLanternBill, depending on your age) Clemson has been at my the top of my list for a long time. If I had listened to my mom I would have been a tiger ... went out on my own and choose military school - figure that one out.

Having gone to college in the state of South Carolina most of my college friends are either Clemson or that other school that I dare not mention. While hanging over here I have caught up with a few old friends, met new ones and even met friends of friends.

There is no doubt in my mind that Clemson will bounce back from this loss and will have a successful season. Too much talent - on the field and on the sidelines ... despite what emotions may tell some today.

Good luck and I will be pulling for your success this season and thank you again.

Citadel "Dawg"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you for your hospitality

Aug 31, 2014, 8:40 PM

I spent my evening watching the game in a sports bar in buckhead.
I ended up friends with a family of five UGA fans. During the game, we bought each round of drinks and ended up sharing the chicken wings. Very pleasant experience and that is the way sport meant to be. Heck, even the bar tender bought a round as well and he was a UGA guy. Lots of fun and I ll be pulling for u the rest of the season and take down the coots next.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

We are not all bad ... lol

Aug 31, 2014, 9:23 PM

We all have that element that we wish would pull for someone else.

Sep 1, 2014, 8:39 AM

My husband is a Citadel Dawg, too. He was all set to go to Clemson, but he decided to go to the Citadel at the last minute. He needed the discipline that the Citadel provided. He played football there and ended up with an engineering degree. He wasn't the best cadet there and ended up walking many tours, but The Citadel was what he needed. He made lifelong friends there, and he is glad that he went there. The Citadel is a great place, and I always enjoy going to the football games there. I am looking forward to his Class reunion in November. It is always so much fun.

Sep 1, 2014, 9:38 AM

I have my 30th in November ... still hoping I can make it with my wife's job ... not going without her ...

I was not the best cadet either, but I NEVER got caught. No rank ... no tours ... Don't know how I managed that.

Have fun in November!

Hey Cadet Dog...did you call me OiLlanternBiLL?!

Sep 1, 2014, 9:50 AM

I LOve iT! Should I register it rat now?! ThX, "lightbulbbill"

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Cadet Dog...did you call me OiLlanternBiLL?!

Sep 1, 2014, 9:52 AM

Several weeks ago the guys were giving you a hard time about being old and serving in the Revolutionary War ... I posted that we were in the same unit back then but that you went by OiLlanternBiLL at that time.

Have a great rest of the season! I know ya'll will.

thanks CD, don't be a stranger & best of luck to the dawgs.***

Sep 1, 2014, 9:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,305
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic