Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey! NCAA!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Hey! NCAA!

Mar 25, 2018, 8:08 AM

You can't 'connect the dots'? Sheesh...you incompetent morons! Yes! Let's prevent hiring high school coaches...absolutely...that'll clean up the recruiting landscape! Yeah...right....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22900103/usc-trojans-hire-eric-mobley-father-recruits-isaiah-evan-mobley-assistant-coach

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They know and don't care.

Mar 25, 2018, 8:53 AM

I'd imagine the fbi came into this because of something small and then could not look the other way. Aau has become a money laundering outfit that puts equity into kids and their families. Then in turn when those kids or the family can't or won't meet the agreed obligation they have the nerve (balls) to try and recoup assets. It is straight down the line mob, loan sharking,... Organized crime that involves children.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey! NCAA!

Mar 25, 2018, 10:29 AM

You did read the article right? Does it not explain there is no current rule against this practice. What exactly do want the NCAA to do to prevent USC from making the hire?

I don’t like the fact they are hiring the guy to lock up his sons, but be honest, the fact that this article was written means everything is out in the open. That’s much different than the NCAA looking the other way when cash is being passed to AAU coaches and handlers under the table.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2018, 11:39 AM

I did read the article, which is why I didn't blast/accuse USC of wrong-doing, but do consider the NCAA dopes for the rules they write. Is that plain enough? We rail on and on about coaches/handlers and yet...parents...get a pass? That was my point.

What about Venables or Batson?

Mar 25, 2018, 12:15 PM

Should their sons not be allowed to play at Clemson because of their fathers being on staff? Yes, I know we didn't hire them just to have their sons play here. If you really want this rule change then neither of their sons would be at Clemson.

Are we comparing

Mar 25, 2018, 1:11 PM

Apples to apples? Seriously? The guy's been an AAU coach for eleven years. Venables has been a college coach for many years....Batson, in his position before Dabo was even head coach. Or, did Dabo get the HC job because Clemson would want his boys playing ten years later?

Look, if this passes the 'sniff' test, then why can't high school coaches work clinics, etc., and be hired by the school? I fail to see the difference. Same case at Memphis...yeah, Hardaway's a legacy...and happens to 'own' the significant b'ball talent in Tennessee, too.

Yes we hired Dabo

Mar 25, 2018, 1:37 PM

Just so his son could play. ?? How would you like the rule change to read? You make the call.

Mar 25, 2018, 1:39 PM

been happening for years...

like Danny Manning's dad to Kansas back in the '80s

Mar 25, 2018, 2:21 PM

What is the world makes you think for a second that the NCAA can dictate employment law in 50 states?

I have no idea about California but South Carolina is a right to work state and the law of South Carolina allows practically at will employment.

Any NCAA rule which limited in any way the right for a person to accept employment would not withstand a court challenge in probably every state of the country.

Any rule implemented wouldn’t have

Mar 25, 2018, 3:32 PM

anything to do with the parents right to work. They could still take the job- their kid just would be restricted from playing there thus the rule impacts the player not the worker

at least Manning's Dad had coached in HS.....

Mar 25, 2018, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey! NCAA! ]

I remain mystified why no noise was made when the chickens hired Alshon Jeffrey's dad to work at the usc,jr, athletic dept. while Alshon was being recruited and before he'd actually signed the commitment paperwork.....have no idea what papa Jeffrey made as a nondescript athletic dept employee, but I'll bet his Christmas bonuses were healthy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic