Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Those of you that cannot believe that Urban's wife did not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Those of you that cannot believe that Urban's wife did not

Aug 2, 2018, 7:46 AM

tell him something, then you have either never been married, or not married long enough, or just plain naive. If I had a nickel...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess, but this isn't "forgetting" to tell

Aug 2, 2018, 7:52 AM

him about a new dress or piece of jewelry. This directly impacted his career, their life and his reputation.

I can't imagine that being kept a secret....especially with multiple other coach's wives knowing too.

Re: I guess, but this isn't "forgetting" to tell

Aug 2, 2018, 7:58 AM

"imagine" - John Lennon used that word the best "Imagine there's no heaven...", but I don't think that made him a bad guy. I always think of that song when I see that word.

:) Just joking around.

Re: Those of you that cannot believe that Urban's wife did not

Aug 2, 2018, 7:52 AM

I’ve been married 42 years and there are plenty of things I “neglected” to tell my husband like how much the prom dress cost, what grade my son made on an algebra test, or that I overdrew my checking account. But, if I knew something about one of his employees that could potentially hurt his business or his reputation, even if it was an allegation, I would have to tell him! I believe Shelley shared what she knew with her husband.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 8:00 AM

Or - (playing Devil's Advocate here) - if she does not tell him, then he would not know, and he could claim (whatever that is in lawyer speak - deniability?) and NOBODY could touch him. She would be protecting her 'investment'. Just sayin'.

I'm not sure that even works in this situation. This isn't

Aug 2, 2018, 8:06 AM

a legal case. Ohio State can fire Urban without proving anything.. they only have to prove he violated some part of his contract to fire him with cause.

Also, Bryan Colangelo just got fired as 76ers GM over his wife's secret twitter accounts. Men in extremely high profile positions like these are often held accountable for the actions of those close to them.

Aug 2, 2018, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Those of you that cannot believe that Urban's wife did not ]

Much more likely that she shared the information with her husband then told him, "I'll deny I told you if it ever comes up."

What are/were the assistant coach's credentials? I can't

Aug 2, 2018, 8:32 AM

imagine burying my head in the sand over something like that because the dude was an above average coach. Geez, Meyer could've hired anybody he wanted to fill the position. Unless the assistant has something on Meyer that he didn't want to get out. Suppose it'll all be exposed sooner rather than later.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

Re: What are/were the assistant coach's credentials? I can't

Aug 2, 2018, 10:18 AM

He is the grandson of Meyers' "life coach" who was also an OSU head coach at one point if I recall reading correctly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mere flim-flam stories and nothing but shams and lies

Agreed, I've only been marrried for 16 years

Aug 2, 2018, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Those of you that cannot believe that Urban's wife did not ]

And my wife knows nothing about all the hookers and drugs...God forbid she finds out about those midgets in tijuana.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What happens in Mexico

Aug 2, 2018, 8:19 AM

Doesn’t count. Everyone knows that, amigo

Aug 2, 2018, 8:01 AM

tell him something, then you have either never been married, or not married long enough, or just plain naive. If I had a nickel...

So what is UMs responsibility if someone told him about it but his employee denied it and the wife did not press charges? Is the boss expected to fire every employee who is accused of a crime when no charges are brought against the employee?

Aug 2, 2018, 8:03 AM

So what is UMs responsibility if someone told him about it but his employee denied it and the wife did not press charges? Is the boss expected to fire every employee who is accused of a crime when no charges are brought against the employee?

This right here this is my problem with the whole thing what is his responsibility in this. We are suppose to fire people over accusations. I don’t think so.

Not sure of the legalities, but I know what you're NOT

Aug 2, 2018, 8:07 AM

supposed to do.....sit on the information and hope it "gets better". It appears that's what "tha Urb" did.

Aug 2, 2018, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Those of you that cannot believe that Urban's wife did not ]

Title IX requires reporting incidents for investigation. This does not require firing someone but you must report.

All he would've had to have done is report to the AD in a

Aug 2, 2018, 8:35 AM

private meeting, responsibility removed from Urban at that point. Something stinks, bad.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

Ok. I will concede that COULD have happened.

Aug 2, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Those of you that cannot believe that Urban's wife did not ]

But it doesn’t seem likely that she kept that secret for 3 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has to let the university know of the allegations

Aug 2, 2018, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Those of you that cannot believe that Urban's wife did not ]

which he did not do.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

He's responsible for notifying his employers

Aug 2, 2018, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Those of you that cannot believe that Urban's wife did not ]

which he apparently did not do. If it is later revealed that he DID do that and the coverup goes higher up, we will see more jobs in jeopardy.

Re: He's responsible for notifying his employers

Aug 2, 2018, 8:10 AM

Then why doesn’t this pertain to the other coaches. They knew about it to. Their wives knew about it. Surely their wives would have told them to.

Domino effect.. it does.***

Aug 2, 2018, 8:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: He's responsible for notifying his employers

Aug 2, 2018, 8:11 AM [ in reply to He's responsible for notifying his employers ]

Seems like the only way he keeps his job. I wonder if THE Ohio state is looking for THE administrative fall guy, while Urban is on THE administrative leave?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both Urban and his Wife are Required by Title IX to report

Aug 2, 2018, 8:09 AM

It is also reported that Urban wife is also an employee at Ohio State.
As such, but she and Urban are required by Title IX to report the possible abuse.
Poor judgement and apparent coverup along with Urban history with Zach Smith means its just a matter of time for a new coach.

Aug 2, 2018, 8:14 AM

I live near Ohio St. Shelly likes to be Mrs Head Coach. She is always around for the post game photos as Ms Buckeye and seems to relish being the focal point. She does ads for a local chain and even teaches nursing at the university. Given the relationship between the families you can bet your behind that she most like told him and they spoke at length about the situation and how to handle it in 2015. Yet the firing did not come about until knowledge of the protective order and stalking after Smith's divorce came out. 9 police visits during the time at OSU and nary a charge filed. University fingerprints are all over this too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2018, 8:17 AM

Guys, you are playing what if's when all one has to do is READ the texts. They say Urban knew and believed Zach. Say what you will , I believe words from those in the inner circle. Meyer is done like a turkey at Thanksgiving.

Aug 2, 2018, 10:05 AM

Recommend all that are interested in this saga read the from the source reporting - Brett McMurphy:

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/2042037522486968

IMO Urban is done - he is on paid administrative leave while the University figures out how to fire him without paying a bunch of $$ on the way out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is actually UM's best shot at keeping his job at

Aug 2, 2018, 9:53 AM

this point in time. If he can claim no knowledge due to her not telling him, he will come off as naive and uninformed, but not as a bald faced coverup artist. If he can keep her on board as not telling him, then, DENY, DENY, DENY.

(Shazam, Shazam, Shazam!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering everyone involved are employees of OSU,

Aug 2, 2018, 10:24 AM

Title IX will come into effect. Right now, they are just trying to figure out how to end his contract without paying him. He's done at OSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic