Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Butch Jones
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Butch Jones

Jan 20, 2019, 4:23 PM

Was seen on the sidelines coaching during game with Bama. Did anyone ever say this was legal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Butch Jones

Jan 20, 2019, 4:41 PM

I hope it continues. Butch is a mouth breather.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He's leaving to work w/ Locksley @ Maryland***

Jan 20, 2019, 4:42 PM

Oh, never mind. I just read he's staying?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's leaving to work w/ Locksley @ Maryland***

Jan 20, 2019, 4:43 PM

believe you'd better check that. seems like he turned Md down to remain at Bama

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2019, 4:46 PM

This offseason has seemingly been one of indecision for former Tennessee coach Butch Jones.

After spending the 2018 season as an analyst on Nick Saban’s Alabama staff, it was reported that he was likely heading to Maryland to join former Alabama OC Mike Locksley’s coaching staff.

Now, it appears that may not be the case after all. Per a report from FootballScoop.com, Jones is now expected to remain at Alabama:

Sources at Maryland tell FootballScoop Butch Jones plans to remain at Alabama. The former Tennessee head coach spent this past season as an analyst for Nick Saban.

With all the staff turnover in Tuscaloosa, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Jones land an on-field role for the 2019 season. He has experience as a wide receiver, running backs and tight ends coach at various stops throughout his career.

Saban has yet to make an official announcement, but it looks like Jones could be heading back to Tuscaloosa soon.

Jan 20, 2019, 5:51 PM

Saban brought in former Maryland HC DJ Durkin in December as a consultant. What do you think he has planned for him moving forward ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2019, 6:02 PM

I didn’t see that but not surprised. Saban has locked down the formerly fired and disgraced head coach market. Those guys seem to flock to Saban’s staff. Look for Muschamp to be there in 3 or less years.

Jan 20, 2019, 7:26 PM

I was a bit anxious heading into the Bama game but felt we had a realistic chance to take it. Admit I never anticipated the shellacking we delivered though. But then I saw the sideline shot of Butch Jones on the Bama sidelines. I had forgotten he was there. Then I thought "man we got this game".

Jan 20, 2019, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Re: He's leaving to work w/ Locksley @ Maryland*** ]

His expertise is greatly needed st bama

Jan 20, 2019, 5:38 PM

I'll just hope that the recruits that was wanting to play for Bama, they will see the confusion going on with the Bama coaching staff and line up trying to secure a spot on our Tiger team. Above just the winning, kids like to know they are going to be coached by the same coach during their college career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

butch jones and steve sarkisian lol***

Jan 20, 2019, 4:49 PM

Re: butch jones and steve sarkisian lol***

Jan 20, 2019, 5:01 PM

I'm a scared. ;)

Jan 20, 2019, 5:02 PM [ in reply to butch jones and steve sarkisian lol*** ]

Not a fan of Butch Jones or his haircut, which is a "Butch" cut for you youngsters, but I believe he made a huge mistake. He would have more tenure at Maryland I think. I truly believe next year maybe Saban's last. Retirement or analyst on one of the TV stations. I think he has had enough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2019, 5:04 PM

Be great if the Tigers give him an appropriate sendoff.

Jan 20, 2019, 5:32 PM

Butch Jones is a loser. Treats his players like $hit. Hope he stays at Bama forever.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fills a needed role at Bama

Jan 20, 2019, 6:58 PM

To be named Coordinator of Life Champions.

A clear gaping hole at Bama. Surprised Corey Miller turned it down.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic