Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Stuckey tweets about the announcers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Stuckey tweets about the announcers

Oct 20, 2012, 2:48 PM

Stuckey tweets about the announcers

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's just anti-clemson.

Oct 20, 2012, 2:55 PM

he was the same way when he announced the GT game.

Re: He's just anti-clemson.

Oct 20, 2012, 4:37 PM

He was that way for vt game in Blacksburg last year too.

Oct 20, 2012, 7:54 PM [ in reply to He's just anti-clemson. ]

I jut emailed ESecPN to complain about Mr Cunningham...others that feel the same please share your feelings with them as well and ask that he not be allowed to announce Clemson's games any longer

Re: Got that right!

Oct 21, 2012, 7:48 AM

I'm old enough not to care any more about what others say. But I told my wife last night I was contacting the network to remind them those idiots in the booth are to commentate as opposed to opinionate.

Tell you what. Since that guy was so full of "in my opinion," Clemson fumbled, lost the ball, had Boyd in too long, should get him out, send in the backup, etc, etc, etc etc - I'll share my opinion - keep your mouth shut. I haven't seen anything this bad since the National Championship game.

Re: Got that right!

Oct 21, 2012, 8:24 AM

But that NC team shut them all up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2012, 8:47 AM [ in reply to He's just anti-clemson. ]

Touchdown Kerry Watkins still rings in my head from 2000, Mr Cunningham, was pretty excited that day too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Stuckey tweets about the announcers

Oct 20, 2012, 2:58 PM

See. We all notice it. It is obvious and makes it quite unenjoyable to listen too. But I love hearing the crowd!

1-2-3-4 1-2-3-4 C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S fight tigers fight tigers fight fight fight!! Goo Tigers!

Oct 20, 2012, 4:08 PM

I've gotten to the point that if I heard a TV commentator say positive things about Clemson, there would be a snowball fight in h###.

Oct 20, 2012, 4:12 PM

I said the same thing to my son.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2012, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: Stuckey tweets about the announcers ]

Absolutely!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2012, 5:41 PM

Glad I'm not the only one who loathes those two guys calling our games. They are always looking for a chance to discredit or look for ways to criticize us or the officiating against us.

Oct 20, 2012, 6:27 PM

I agree!!!

we said the same thing today. They never gave clemson

Oct 20, 2012, 6:57 PM

credit.

RB runs for 1 yard and he gives VT credit for a strong run to get something instead of giving the DEF credit for stringing the play out for only 1 yard

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 6 yr old son asked me why the TV announcers..

Oct 20, 2012, 7:52 PM

Kept calling us "Clemzun". He said we are "Clemson". I just laughed because my 6 yr old can pronounce it and that moron on TV can't.
And it was real irritating hearing him talk about Boyd's shoulder. He would come out if it hurt that bad...just shut up already.

Oct 20, 2012, 7:59 PM

Wasn't so much the obvious bias against us, that crap happens it seems every week ... but more of the " .. sometimes it's the grown up's responsibility to protect the kids " Insinuating that Dabo or Chad kept throwing Boyd out there despite an injury. That is low ball announcer crap right there - and our SID needs to make a call to make sure that kind of character judgement stops.

Replying to:

Oct 20, 2012, 10:39 PM

-Wasn't so much the obvious bias against us, that crap happens it seems every week ... but more of the " .. sometimes it's the grown up's responsibility to protect the kids " ...

I agree with you 100%. It was almost as if he was HOPING Tajh would come out the game so we would quit driving the ball. Anyway, did you hear him say something along the lines of, "I they should sit Tajh because even if VT scores here I don't think they can come back." Then as soon as VT scored, he says something to the affect of, "There's still plenty of time in this game and anything can happen."

Re: Replying to:

Oct 21, 2012, 8:02 AM

Agreed. A thousand percent. Taking pot shots at the coaching staff, recommending this change (Boyd for "the back up" - it's Cole Stoudt for announcers who haven't done any homework!).

But then got his timing off trying to get in another jab at Sammy. Ed Cuttingham said the ball was "clearly out..." I had my wife look at the play, listen to the comment, paused it immediately. Asked if you can even see the ball. "No it's on the other side of Sammy." But ol laser vision could see through Sammy's uniform and body to see the ball "clearly."

Old enough not to care until someone blatantly criticizes kids who can't even get a word in back at him. Buuuut I can! >crowd goes wild< I have the game recorded. It will be worth my time to go back and sort out the sponsors and inform them I won't watch another game they sponsor that has Ed ImSoBiased in the booth.

Oct 20, 2012, 11:23 PM

This is the same ###### nozzle that called the GT game. "I'm sure they are more than up to the task"..... blown up for a safety. LOVED IT!!!!!

Oct 21, 2012, 1:06 AM

I am really glad that other folks saw that as well. It was the same kind of talk in the GT game. I'm really hoping that Ed Cunningham doesn't call any more of our games the rest of the season. Great win today keep it up Tigers!

Oct 21, 2012, 9:10 AM

I'm surprised no one is complaining about Mike "Brownlee" Patrick. He also announced our game against GT last year and I'm positive he peed his pants on several occasions with his excitement over our poor play. Mike Patrick is the worst Clemson announcer in the world and I mute any sporting event when he is on TV. Therefore, I don't really have any opinion on the other guy.

Glad we won! Go tigers!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic