Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN fires Colin Cowherd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 4,340

ESPN fires Colin Cowherd

Jul 24, 2015, 11:30 PM

His mouth finally got him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN didn't want to lose him.

Jul 24, 2015, 11:41 PM

Week off paid vacation.

Predictable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN didn't want to lose him.

Jul 25, 2015, 12:04 AM

He had already been told before the incident that they were cutting back and that he would be let go. He just made it a couple of weeks earlier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

? he announced he was leaving for fox days ago

Jul 25, 2015, 12:08 AM

even after espn offered him a new contract to stay.

it wasn't about the money, it was about the funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right.... $$$$$$$***

Jul 25, 2015, 12:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

right, he's not working for free.***

Jul 25, 2015, 12:16 AM

He said they countered but apparently not enough....

Jul 25, 2015, 12:20 AM

He discussed it on his show. I'm not a fan but it was on when I hit the switch this AM...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i listened to it too & only because he was leaving.

Jul 25, 2015, 12:25 AM

http://nesn.com/2015/07/colin-cowherd-explains-why-hes-leaving-espn-graciously-thanks-network-video/

nothing in any of this about not enough, in fact he was overly zealous about how fair and transparent the process was.

i don't listen, i watch espn only when i have to, but he's a known personality which was news to hear of his move.

Yea, he even talked about getting the phone calls from 2

Jul 25, 2015, 12:29 AM

different ESPN execs... It didn't seem contentious in any way...

mmhm, 10 years is a long time, a lot of relationships and

Jul 25, 2015, 12:32 AM

friendships. they let the man explain the move on the air, there's a lot of respect in that.

anyway, i'll listen to him as much on fox as i did on espn. almost never and that's a very long time.

A little too self-absorbed, always glancing to his crew for

Jul 25, 2015, 12:37 AM

approval...

He's going to Fox for 6 million a year

Jul 25, 2015, 1:49 AM

Due to the controversy, ESPN is allowing him to leave now. He turned down their huge new contract and was leaving in a few weeks. I love Colin. He definetly worded what he said wrong, but if anything he fights hard for everyone's rights. He is very intelligent and socially progressive. He made a mistake. No one cares about baseball. He shouldn't have brought it up.

Re: He's going to Fox for 6 million a year

Jul 25, 2015, 2:02 AM

It really sucks that everything needs to be worded correctly nowadays. Honestly, what Colin said was legit. There's really no clarification necessary. The Dominican Republic has a totally ###### education system and, if you're not rich, odds are the product of their educational system is going to be very very bad...as was evidenced when Colin pointed out that the DR was ranked 122 out of 144 countries on the planet for primary education.

What's annoying is the DR native Jose Bautista talking about how he's going to "rip him a new one" in reference to Cowherd. If he hadn't been educated in the Dominican Republic, Bautista probably would have recognized an opportunity to say "yes, unfortunately at this time things continue to be subpar when it comes to education in the Dominican Republic, but my foundation is working to change that!". He could have even milked Cowherd for a few bucks when saying that. Instead, he just looks like a chump.

Re: He's going to Fox for 6 million a year

Jul 25, 2015, 2:03 AM [ in reply to He's going to Fox for 6 million a year ]

For those who follow him, Colin is a really good guy and he did make a mistake, but ppl who have said much worse are still on air. If he wasn't already leaving, he'd still have a job.

That ratface was a complete d bag in

Jul 25, 2015, 9:59 AM

regards to Shawn Taylor's death and still to this day won't say he blew it by immediately blaming it on Taylor's background. He will fade away at Fox. Bye bye.

Colin already said he was leaving***

Jul 25, 2015, 12:29 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN didn't want to lose him. ]

Germans invade Pearl Harbor***

Jul 25, 2015, 12:12 AM

AGAIN?

Jul 25, 2015, 12:19 AM

### duches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going to invade the Germans this time next month...***

Jul 25, 2015, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Germans invade Pearl Harbor*** ]

Re: I'm going to invade the Germans this time next month...***

Jul 25, 2015, 10:22 AM

Enemy of SOS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESPN fires Colin Cowherd

Jul 25, 2015, 12:22 AM

Fired? More like he moved on to another network.

he's been let go "early", a week before he was leaving.***

Jul 25, 2015, 12:27 AM

Re: he's been let go "early", a week before he was leaving.***

Jul 25, 2015, 12:30 AM

yea my bad, I missed his alleged "racist" comments...aka "I'd rather just take an early vacation"

Something said about "Dominicans"... It scrolled sometime

Jul 25, 2015, 12:31 AM [ in reply to he's been let go "early", a week before he was leaving.*** ]

today...

Jul 25, 2015, 12:30 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN fires Colin Cowherd ]

I stand corrected...he made it clear he was leaving ESPN but now they're saying they also fired him apparently.

What's funny is that anyone would consider what he said was "racist". He said that the DR hasn't been known for it's academics. That's pretty obvious by their $10,000 per capita GDP.

looking for controversy to enlarge audience at new job***

Jul 25, 2015, 1:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone have any data to prove him WRONG? just curious.******

Jul 25, 2015, 7:46 AM

Fired???..........How dare y.....STRONGBOW!***

Jul 25, 2015, 8:06 AM

Jul 25, 2015, 11:07 AM

Good. Now i can watch him.

Replies: 28
| visibility 4,340