Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BLM inc. never claimed to want an end to democracy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

BLM inc. never claimed to want an end to democracy.

Sep 11, 2020, 12:39 PM

I read the beliefs. I see that they don’t want NOT having or being in a nuclear family or Not being a capitalist to stop folks from globally being involved in their cause. They are bigger than America- they are seeking international fluidity which means they can’t have the ideals of one group or nation or religion hindering that. I am not a Marxist and I am a Christian so I may not be able to agree with what everyone who works with them believe in but I am free to work in concert or not in certain things they may sponsor. I choose not to officially associate with them but I could attend a rally without feeling like I am giving them any more than I would as a registered independent if I were to go to a republican or democratic rally. I definitely don’t agree with the full beliefs or character of the candidates and party platforms- no candidate is perfect- but there may be one or two issues I hold convictions about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know- one of the co founders was trained as a Marxist- save it.

Sep 11, 2020, 12:45 PM

As I heard her interview and read her statements what she is saying is that there are elements of Marxism that play heavily in the gathering of people from different parts and social levels of society that must be destroyed in order for the organization to have unity. She was not saying that America needed to come to an end but the foundations of all voices being heard regardless of color creed and religion an glean resources from Marxism. Remember that Marxism found a hearing among the oppressed against the powerful. It makes sense that some of the thinking would enter in if you feel like an oppressed people group. I am not a Marxist and don’t agree with it. I don’t think it will fix things. Some of the principles of Marxism are way off in my mind- but I understand why they would be attractive to oppressed people- don’t you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph over good

Sep 11, 2020, 12:53 PM

is for good men to do nothing.

Recognizing the foundation is not suitable and still continuing to build upon it is nothing more than a disaster in the making.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Thank God for abolitionist over the ideals of our founding..

Sep 11, 2020, 2:02 PM

fathers then. You agree?

But america is not a disaster

Sep 11, 2020, 2:03 PM

it grew into something beautiful. Why can't this?

Re: But america is not a disaster

Sep 11, 2020, 3:56 PM

Probably would need better leadership, a better mission statement, better people to protest about, and less protesting, with more peaceful results.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2020, 10:30 PM

That is my point too

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Sep 11, 2020, 5:54 PM [ in reply to But america is not a disaster ]

BLM grow into something great? You're kidding, right? They're having too much fun burning, looting, murdering, destroying property and harassing old people, as well as destroying their own cities and black-owned businesses! Why would they want to give that up? It's their chance to punch the white guys in the face and undermine our democracy. And The silence on the left is COMPLICIT!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it really doesn't matter though, right?

Sep 11, 2020, 2:24 PM

if you try to judge BLM by biblical standards, you're a Christian hypocrite, no?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Biblical righteousness is only mitigated by grace not personal morality

Sep 11, 2020, 2:34 PM

So trying to judge anything according to the Bible will leave it and you wanting for God’s perfect righteousness to fix it. To try to make it right enough to be congruent with God’s kingdom- like any political affinity or party will make you a hypocrite. BLM will not make anyone righteous enough to be Christian -but neither will opposing it make anyone righteous enough to be called Christian.

I would agree with that, but my question...

Sep 11, 2020, 3:49 PM

From BLM website:

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

Isn't the "Western-prescribed nuclear family structure" the biblical example? I firmly believe that the destruction of the biblical nuclear family is the root of many of our cultural issues, both white and black.

I can get behind the idea of creating support structures to help when the nuclear family is broken. That is what we are supposed to do as Christians. But our primary goal is to build up the family the way God designed it.

BLM undermines this by:

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

and

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

and

We foster a queer?affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

Before anybody goes there, I do not believe people of different sexual orientations or those that believe they are a different gender should be discriminated against or persecuted. They are due equal rights under the constitution. But there are two problems: 1) BLM are undermining race issues by treating sexuality with race issues in view of biblical teaching. 2) This also does great harm to the biblical model of the family.

This qualifies me as a homophobe for many people. That's okay. Anybody who knows me in real life knows that I love all people. More importantly, God knows my heart.

Finally, I will tell you Black lives matter unequivocally, with no reservations. We need to fix the injustices and inequities that exist in our society.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think people need to know you personally to know...

Sep 11, 2020, 5:36 PM

that you have the discretion, good sense and Spirit within you to recognize that hating sin does not mean you hate the sinner. How can a man claim to have the Love of God if our love differs from His?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would agree with that, but my question...

Sep 12, 2020, 8:32 AM [ in reply to I would agree with that, but my question... ]

Well done, franc. You have out-flanked the "word salad" spewed by HBROWN. He should save it for those he tries to fool on Sundays!

So you're leaving when the rioting starts?

Sep 11, 2020, 5:31 PM

Did you stay during the intimidation of diners and casual automobile traffic then leave just before the looting and burning?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, I honestly tried to follow all of that, but

Sep 11, 2020, 10:53 PM

that was a grade A, deluxe word salad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BLM inc. never claimed to want an end to democracy.

Sep 12, 2020, 8:02 AM

Look, man. I loathe and despise Trumnp as much as anybody alive. I will be voting Democrat for literally the first time in my life because of that.

I furthermore agree that blacks have been treated as second-class citizens - and before the civil rights movement, as worse than that - throughout America's history. I furthermore believe that there are some massive economic inequalities baked into America's system and that this, far more than cops just hating black people, is the real problem.

Just my observation, cops treat people different based on perceived class status, not race. I've watch countless instances of cops giving known black celebs the same white-glove VIP treatment they give white celebrities....while also treating poor white people from trailer parks like, well, trailer trash, and flinging Jim-Bob into the back of their squad cars after a few righteous billy-club taps to the head. (Nobody cares. There's certainly no organization called "White Trash Lives Matter." Nobody speaks for poor white people, which is why they're getting increasingly hostile and angry, which primes them for recruitment by far-right causes and hate groups.) So I honestly think the problem nowawadays isn't racism so much as classism. The problem for black people is because they started as slaves with zero inherited wealth and then had to deal with decades of Jim Crow after that, there's just no generational wealth so blacks tend to get a worse shake, not because of the color of their skin anymore, but a lot more because of the absence of green in their wallets. Do blacks get stereotyped and profiled a lot more by cops? Absolutely. There's no arguing that. But again, I truly believe that the reason is perceived class status a lot more than inherent hostility to a race.

I likewise think the more blacks accuse whites of "racism", the less sympathetic ears they're going to find. There's some genuine racists out there, absolutely. But most white Americans do try to rise above that and resent having incessant cries of racism thrown in their face.

And then there's the BLM organizers themselves. They're loopy. And their loopiness is de-legitimizing their own cause.

The BLM movement, ultimately, is going to fizzle, IMHO, because of both the people who are running it...and the fact that ultimately it's just focused on policing when the real problem is wealth disparity, and making it about race instead of class. Race is, IMHO, 1960's game and the real problem just isn't race anymore: it's money, who has it...and how we as a civilization treat those who don't.

Here's where you're incorrect.

Sep 12, 2020, 9:14 AM

HA. FOOLED YOU! I actually agree with all of that.

The bigger issue is that the solution to the wealth inequality isn't rocket science, already exists, and is broadly left unclaimed....it's education, and I also say that independent of race.

I don't care how good or bad school systems are, successful low income students who have applied themselves have emerged from them--they aren't random outliers or unrepeatable prodigies, they just had one or two parents who cared and they applied themselves. Schools can be better but we can't keep just blaming them. Additionally, low income secondary education opportunities abound, from free 2 year degrees/techical degrees to highly, highly subsidized (if not free) four year opportunities--there's no excuse that training and degrees are unobtainable.

It comes down to parents....what you get out of a kid, more often than not, is a result of what you put into raising them. Parental engagement in education matters as much or more than the teachers, and at the end of the day, I'm unaware of how to transform someone into a caring parent. We've been trying the carrot for decades with no result, I'm starting to wonder what an effective, constitutional "stick" might look like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's where you're incorrect.

Sep 12, 2020, 10:20 AM

I agree with that. One of the bigger insights I came to was when I took over a soccer team from an at-risk school a few years back. I'd always coached state-level Academy kids...who were mostly white. But owing mostly to schedule I didn't have a team one year, missed it, and was offered a school team that was almost entirely black and Latino players...I ended up loving it.

The thing I figured out real quick was these kids had a ton of desire, athletic ability, and especially with the Latin kids, foot skills - they'd always knocked the ball around with their brothers and uncles and cousins in the backyard; a lot of them knew how to make the ball do what they wanted it to do. They'd largely just never played organized ball so there was a whole raftload of basic game concepts they never gotten. They'd never won a game - ever - in the school's history (which the school had definitely not told me when I took the job!), but I got them up to third in the state by my second year there and found about a bazillion diamonds in the rough who then trotted over to the club teams and earned a bunch of scholarships. The clubs just never even knew those players were out there...and the players never knew the clubs would actually scholarship them to come play if they couldn't afford it.

The big thing with these guys was, nobody had bothered to invest in them before. Most of them came from broken homes where alcoholism and dysfunction were endemic. It broke my heart more than a little, because you always hear about "mute inglorious Miltons", talent going to waste, unheard and unseen...it kind of turned my head around because on that one soccer field I turned out more raw talent in tryouts than you could shake a stick at...but nobody had bothered to develop them. I had one kid who turned up for tryouts in a hand-me-down CESA Premier jersey he'd picked up somehow; it took me until almost the end of the season to figure out he not only was not in fact CESA Premier, he in fact had never played organized ball before...and I didn't figure that out because he was an extremely convincing imposter because he was really that good...when I realized that I took him over to Furman United and they scholarshipped him on the spot!) And most of the problem started with the fact that most of these kids didn't even have rides to practice; there was largely just nobody in their lives who cared enough to drive them. (A lot of these kids were from the so-called "Northern Triangle" countries, Guatamala, El Salvador, and Honduras...which is why I've always said: the second-gen kids from those countries are fine, it was the dads I often wasn't crazy about.)

At the same time, I started getting aware of Dabo Swinney at what he was doing that was so unusual, and it started to dawn on me that the secret sauce to any kid's success, hokey as it might appear to the outside, is that "love" thing Dabo always talks about. As a kid who grew up in an absolutely psychotic home situation myself and crawled out of it in fits and starts, the thing that came to me is that the biggest thing the world is missing isn't money; the world is suffering because of a lack of care. At the end of the day I related to these kids so well because I had lived the biggest insight into their existence: that they truly did not believe they could...or that they actually mattered. Raise a kid without love, they believe they're inferior...and life conforms to their expectations.

All the trust-fund money in the world doesn't equal care, and care overcomes a lack of money, almost every time, if there's enough of it. The problem is, poverty makes people desperate...and desperate people are not their best selves, either. I know I definitely wasn't when I was desperate...which has been more often than I like to remember, if I was being honest.

I dunno. How are you supposed to "legislate" that? "Care about people more." I think that's why I've always tended to lean heavily libertarian...that sort of solution is just nothing I've ever seen a government successfully provide, and governments that try to make the state your family end up being truly spectacular failures.

Re: Here's where you're incorrect.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:04 AM

I think you found out what I did when I was coaching football and baseball in the youth leagues. It a parenting problem plain and simple. How do people not love their kids?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic