Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Student Body Government letter to students
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

Clemson Student Body Government letter to students

Jun 3, 2020, 2:45 PM

How many have read this letter and agree with it's content

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will you please post it here?

Jun 3, 2020, 2:46 PM

I haven't seen it, but would like to read it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Will you please post it here?

Jun 3, 2020, 2:57 PM

Cannot right now if someone else would I would be thankful

Cliff Notes version?***

Jun 3, 2020, 3:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Clemson is bad mmmmmmkay***

Jun 3, 2020, 4:35 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After reading the letter, may I say...

Jun 3, 2020, 8:29 PM

...you nailed it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Jun 3, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Will you please post it here? ]

No offense, but you are a half ###. Think about what you just did. Smh

Jun 3, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Will you please post it here? ]

The big question is the letter for real or did someone try to cause problems. Supposedly it was sent to all students.

I would say the bigger question is what does it say?

Jun 3, 2020, 4:18 PM

For instance, if it says Go Tigers! Than I’m all for it. If it says fire Dabo I’d say let’s decrease our class sizes for the next 3-4 graduating years and then immediately increase them for class size starting in September.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw it, stopped reading after they tried to push the

Jun 3, 2020, 3:21 PM

Michael Brown false narrative.

Re: Saw it, stopped reading after they tried to push the

Jun 3, 2020, 3:23 PM

Wow it gets better..you didn't get past the first sentence

Re: Clemson Student Body Government letter to students

Jun 3, 2020, 3:25 PM

Let’s get one thing straight in all of this. I will never apologize for being white. I do not have “white guilt” because I have nothing to feel guilty about. All forms of racism are wrong

I'd like to try some "Affluent guilt"

Jun 3, 2020, 3:39 PM

That'd be nice to try and handle.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Nobody asked you to apologize for being white

Jun 3, 2020, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Student Body Government letter to students ]

Stop being dramatic lol.

Some of you folks should get into method acting. You would win academy awards.

I’ve learned you can act outraged while stealing cheesecakes

Jun 3, 2020, 7:00 PM

That’s one hail of a stretch.

Get a little sun and a nice tan. Not too much sun because...

Jun 3, 2020, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Student Body Government letter to students ]

Of the skin cancer risk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 3:34 PM

I have one from’89.... says “dude.... let’s get wasted.” My how times have changed.

Jun 3, 2020, 3:35 PM

When will you Clemson Sportsholes get it through your so-called "superior" minds that this is not your school anymore...It is run by liberals and the majority of students (female)and the rest (males and undecided) are a bunch of scared, candyasses...They want to be "safe"... So "get over yourselves"...Feel free to prove me wrong...

Jun 3, 2020, 4:39 PM

Mogambu® said:

When will you Clemson Sportsholes get it through your so-called "superior" minds that this is not your school anymore...It is run by liberals and the majority of students (female)and the rest (males and undecided) are a bunch of scared, candyasses...They want to be "safe"... So "get over yourselves"...Feel free to prove me wrong...

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/clemson-university-3425

Clemson’s student body is 51% male.

You’re wrong

Here's the letter

Jun 3, 2020, 4:44 PM

Re: Here's the letter

Jun 3, 2020, 4:50 PM

I know its Carol Baskins fault

Jun 3, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

I know its Carol Baskins fault

didn't move the needle for me, one way or the other

Jun 4, 2020, 12:10 PM

pretty vanilla stuff in today's world actually. I bet they get #### for not advocating to tear stuff down and riot until it happens.

Seems like pretty standard, idealistic college

Jun 3, 2020, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

student government/media fodder. Innocuous enough to not matter, but opinionated enough to stir up people who have nothing better to do than whine about the downfall of academia because of libtards.

The use of the term "microaggression" makes me laugh though.

Re: Seems like pretty standard, idealistic college

Jun 3, 2020, 9:13 PM

My feelings exactly. Typical drivel from kids that have ZERO life experience.

Check your privilege!

Jun 4, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Seems like pretty standard, idealistic college ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 3, 2020, 8:22 PM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

If that were legitimate wouldn't it have .edu domain, not .com?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found it on the "official" CUSG Facebook page

Jun 4, 2020, 11:59 AM

https://www.facebook.com/mycusg

LOL! 80% of their 2019 CUSG Awards went to "White Privilege"***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 4, 2020, 12:29 AM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

I do not mean to offend anyone with this post, but this letter appears to be written out of emotion rather than rational thought—which you would think members of the student government would consider before releasing. Not arguing about the content necessarily but the wording comes off poorly. “To our black students” and “To our non-black students” —We have students from a variety of minority backgrounds which have more than likely experienced the harsh realities of racism). If you’re truly set out to make a stand against racism itself, a more rational and all-encompassing statement would begin “To All of Our Students and incoming Freshman:” or even “To our students and incoming freshmen of a minority background:”

But I guess any racism against our fellow Asian, Indian, Latino, and etc. students isn’t significant and they should use their ‘privilege’ to speak out? (After all, they are “non-black students.”) This kind of correlates with the reason many oppose Affirmative Action: while maybe not intentionally, it discriminates in the process of ‘fighting discrimination.’

But what do I know, maybe I’m too privileged. (I come from a minority background btw)

Just not the correct minority. Stay in your lane, bro.***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just not the correct minority. Stay in your lane, bro.***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:21 PM

So much for equality

I find it extremely offensive...and actually very prejudiced...

Jun 4, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the letter ]

when it is assumed that all white people are just automatically racist. It is done in this letter, and it is being done all over the place.

This is absolutely disgusting, ignorant, and irresponsible. It contradicts what the people with these messages claim they are fighting for...and I guarantee it is not helping to encourage unity.

All of these “Dear White People” messages are complete crap.

Jun 4, 2020, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

So all of these people were simply murdered because of their color? No way did any of them actually break the law and then resist arrest or run from the law did they now? Social distancing has been a good thing for sure. I have distanced myself from all the stupid people in the world. It appears quite a few of them attend Clemson.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Queer Students of Color Association

Jun 4, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

What is that, like 3 people?

Well, I just wasted a couple of minutes of my life

Jun 4, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

reading that malarkey.

Speaking of Overt Racism

Jun 4, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

This letter certainly qualifies.

Jun 4, 2020, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

What, exactly, is 'erasure of students'?

If you have to ask, don't.***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:56 PM

Jun 4, 2020, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

This makes great toilet paper!

To me, a letter this long in preparation should also call

Jun 4, 2020, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Here's the letter ]

out the senseless violence that has accompanied the protests. This violence and additional killing somehow seem to be missing from their assessment of the situation as it's developed. What a bunch of hogwash. The inaction of the governments in these cities that are failing to remove the violent from the streets and allow a peaceful discussion of what got this all started.

WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!***

Jun 3, 2020, 5:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Leftist Talking Points Garbage!

Jun 3, 2020, 5:28 PM

Nm

Jun 3, 2020, 6:26 PM

That is a long list of completely innocent people “murdered” by police.

Jun 3, 2020, 8:18 PM

That is a long list of completely innocent people “murdered” by police.

How do you know they were all Innocent? We know for a FACT Michael Brown was not.

Michael Brown did what to get the death penalty?

Jun 3, 2020, 8:24 PM

Remind me please. Man!! The law in Missouri is tough and different from the the rest of the country I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michael Brown did what to get the death penalty?

Jun 3, 2020, 8:36 PM

He tried to grab the policeman's gun

He was just playin' man.***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:06 PM

who said Michael Brown deserved the death penalty

Jun 3, 2020, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Michael Brown did what to get the death penalty? ]

you're trying to hard to fit in

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

According to forensics, he stuck his upperbody inside a

Jun 4, 2020, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Michael Brown did what to get the death penalty? ]

police cruiser and grabbed an officer's sidearm...That's just what the DOJ could prove...The Attorney General couldn't find anything wrong with his shooting, if YOU have more info, PLEASE share it with the rest of the class

Jun 3, 2020, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Student Body Government letter to students ]

Sarcasm... brown attacked an officer, tried to take his weapon, black witnesses confirmed the officer’s account. The fact that he is in this letter means the whole thing is garbage.

So death penalty on the street... didn’t know that..

Jun 3, 2020, 8:26 PM

Thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So death penalty on the street... didn’t know that..

Jun 3, 2020, 8:41 PM

If you try to take an officer’s weapon, bad things may happen. Does not equate to death sentence in that case.

He had nothing to fear... cops don’t kill or hurt people..

Jun 3, 2020, 9:23 PM

It’s not he would be killed being arrested like michael Floyd and Eric garner. If you just submit you won’t die- right? Not advocating struggling with an officer. All respect to the men and women in blue and their lives and families!!! Thank you for serving But we are ALL victims of a valid fear between police officers and certain people groups. There is a larger issue folks that needs to be fixed y’all. Don’t yall see that??!! Can’t you tell? Wow!!! This is exhausting. What do WE or I need to do to change this... Speak on that. Own your nation’s ills- not be just about guilt and blame as a first step but sadness that a cop shot a young man..whose body laid uncovered in the middle of the street like a dog.. how in the hell did WE get like this and what is MY part in healing and reforming it. This is our country

Re: He had nothing to fear... cops don’t kill or hurt people..

Jun 4, 2020, 12:34 AM

Sorry but if you try to take an officers weapon he is not supposed to fear for HIS life and take action? The double standard is alive and well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh Good Lord, can't you just admit that Brown doesn't belong

Jun 4, 2020, 11:56 AM [ in reply to He had nothing to fear... cops don’t kill or hurt people.. ]

on that list of murder victims?

Re: He had nothing to fear... cops don’t kill or hurt people..

Jun 4, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to He had nothing to fear... cops don’t kill or hurt people.. ]

Truly not trying to fan flames or use what-about-ism with this post. I never heard about the case in my link until today and would bet most here never did either. Just shows that there are some horrible cops out there and it isn’t always a racial thing and they seem to get off no matter what. I do know that there weren’t protests when this officer was acquitted.

Personally, the police scare the #### out of me.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/us/police-shooting-video-arizona.html

Is the fact that slave owners signed the constitution make the whole thing garbage...

Jun 3, 2020, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Student Body Government letter to students ]

When it comes to equality for all!!! Man!! How perfect do you have to be to be true?

And there it is***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:14 PM

Jun 3, 2020, 9:24 PM

Am I really the only one who enjoyed that letter.

In my opinion, cops should not have guns. Swords, swiss army knife, steel toe boots, that's pretty much all anyone needs to enforce the law. And a mask.

Jun 3, 2020, 9:56 PM

Ten unarmed black citizens were killed by police in 2019 (around 20 white people). Of the 10 killed all but one or two had either tried to run over a policeman with their car or otherwise hurt the policeman. That is out of over 300 million people. That is hardly systemic. Meanwhile in Chicago this weekend, there were 23 people killed and 61 shot, the vast majority of whim were black. Black on black crime/murders is a much bigger problem, but the liberal community that runs these cities such as Chicago, New York, Detroit, LA, etc. seem to do nothing about it. These liberal city administrators (mayors, councilmen & women) are in a prime position to end "systemic police racism" if it indeed exists, it is their fault it exists.

This isn't about racism or police brutality and never was.

Jun 3, 2020, 10:08 PM

It's an attempted cultural revolution and the sooner that's acknowledged the sooner we can put it down.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And therefore... we should weep!!! And mourn..

Jun 3, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Student Body Government letter to students ]

For certain crimes ( the stealing of pensions in the savings and loan scam and the prime lending that sunk the whole world into depression is a different kind) but certain crimes being so bad among one people group should make us ask why? Are they basically a lower level being than others., are others smarter, better, more evolved? Ask yourself why it is like that in Chicago- it cant because they are inferior humans!!!! Right? We should hurt for answers. We should weep and wonder and seek answers for humans equal to us are so burdened and broken by something that they are killing each other. Are you?

Re: And therefore... we should weep!!! And mourn..

Jun 4, 2020, 1:52 PM

I haven't heard anyone that is protesting this great travesty to black society offer up any solutions to the problem. Reminds me of the young engineers I work with that come to me to find out how to do something that took me hours to find a solution to because they are to lazy to work for it themselves. They want to gripe and complain but don't work for a solution. No one involved in this wants to recommend any course of action. Let me try. For all blacks we do the following: legalize pot, meth, cocaine and oxy. Stop all probable cause searches. Stop requiring a drivers license, registration and insurance to operate a motor vehicle. Let all convicted felons and any other black person wield a weapon without the worry of being shot or even shot at. Outlaw black arrests. Fire all non black cops and law enforcement so that no police brutality can be leveled against a black by a white or other ethnic group. There, fixed all your problems.

You know what would happen? Other than total chaos and the demise of society as we know it. Blacks will still murder other blacks and at a more alarming rate than they are now.

We had a black president for 8 years, 8 stinking years and he never did one single thing to address any of the black communities issues. Not a single thing that I'm aware of. Oh and you have Jesse and Al in your corner who have devised the grand solution to all of this haven't they? LMAO.

Letter NOT written by Clemson Univ Student Govt. after all

Jun 3, 2020, 10:55 PM

Although that letter says it's from the Clemson University Student Government, it was never approved by that governing body of student government. It was written by the President of the Student Body and a steering committee that he appointed.
When the letter was sent to the members of the Student Senate, several senators spoke out in disagreement over some of the broad statements within the letter. The letter was then released before the issues could be hashed out properly.

Turns out, the letter has inflamed a war of words within the Clemson student government.

Whether you agree with the content of the letter or not, it's release is another controversy that should have been avoided.

Typical politics...even within a system as small as "little ole Clemson".

Let's play some football games and get past the game of politics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Letter NOT written by Clemson Univ Student Govt. after all

Jun 4, 2020, 7:04 AM

Can the student be impeached or what is the chance of expulsion since they dragged the whole campus into this

Only if the student was a white male***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:16 PM

Interesting***

Jun 4, 2020, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Letter NOT written by Clemson Univ Student Govt. after all ]

Jun 4, 2020, 12:39 PM

Personally, from my experience as a former student and alumni, I think CUSG members think they speak on behalf of all the students, but are actually a very small representation of the student population. They live a very isolated experience while at Clemson insulated by their like-minded peers. If you took a poll of all students, I think many wouldn’t even know the organization exist. For them to comment on such an important issue that influences university operations, sponsorship/donations, etc. on behalf of the university is a travesty. President Clements speaks for the Unviersity as one united body, CUSG speaks for a fraction, but is now being circulated to thousands as a false narrative. In doing so, this organization has undermined Clemson Unviersity, NOT enhanced it. You don’t bring people together by bastardizing “non-Black students.” These are the type of people that try to erase, not embrace, history. I am a progressive myself and believe in equality, but I don’t just do this by putting words on a piece of paper because it’s proper; it’s convenient; or it’s otherwise ‘popular’ at the time.

So, yeah.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2020, 1:14 PM

Since the Black race is the ONLY race on the planet that constantly complains about racism and oppression, why is that? I'm seeing a pattern of a whiny, spoiled brat that feels entitled more than any other non-Black person. I see Blacks today, and remember how I had it as a child, and think how good they have it. How in the world can they whine about so many things? These students are enrolled in arguably one of the finest learning institutions in AMERICA, so how in the heck can they possibly feel oppressed? Good effing grief. I wish I had it so dang good when I attended CLEMSON. But I never complained like these guys do.

Here's an idea: Work hard, study hard, try to get along, and voila - you might actually exceed your wildest dreams of success. Or just keep whining and let me know how that works out fer ya'.

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic