Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's the FACTS...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,466

Here's the FACTS...

Mar 5, 2020, 9:34 PM

Brad Brownell holds the honor of having THE worst record of ANY Power 6 (Big East) Basketball coach that has been at their school for 10+ years.

Brad has a 56.6% winning percentage with one NCAA appearance in the last 9 years. There are only 2 coaches with a sub 60% record.

The next closest is Fran McCaffery (57.9%) at Iowa who as you know is currently ranked 18th and will be going to their 5th NCAA Tournament in the last 7 years.

After that is Kevin Willard (58.8%) at Seton Hall who is currently ranked #8 and will be going to their 5th straight NCAA appearance.

These other two clearly hurt their records early on and began to turn their respective programs around 5+ years ago. There are literally ZERO Power 6 schools that have kept a coach with a record as bad as Brad's for 10+ years. There are PLENTY of football schools out there and plenty of schools with poorer basketball history than we do in the Power 6. None of them settled for those results for 10 years. That is setting the bar pretty darn low.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well let's hire someone before we fire Brad***

Mar 5, 2020, 9:47 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's the FACTS...

Mar 6, 2020, 12:36 AM

At least the word “football” appeared in the somewhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Absolutely...Those are the rules...

Mar 6, 2020, 12:43 AM

;)

Mar 6, 2020, 8:04 AM

Interesting facts. Thanks.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2020, 8:44 AM

First rule of firing/hiring, always be sure you can hire someone better before firing the one you have. Am I satisfied that we are so darn inconsistent, no, could this season have been better, yes, will next year's team be better, it darn well should. Firing for the sake of change isn't always a good thing look at uofsc, they ended up with their 6th choice(football and may have been even lower but we know he was 6th)!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me are puzzled...

Mar 6, 2020, 9:02 AM

Few expected this season to pan out as successfully as it has...and yet...

Puzzled will continue...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2020, 10:12 AM

But Brad achieved a goal that no coach in the entire history of Clemson basketball was able to attain, win a basketball game in Chapel Hill.

Mar 6, 2020, 10:41 AM

Does anyone on here really expect us to be any better next year? Or the next year? Or the next year?
We may have a 20 win season here or there when we win 3 or 4 in the NIT, but as far as regular season games, we may improve by a game or 2 which will still not get us into the NCAA tournament. I am not EVER expecting a top 10 team, I would just like to make the NCAA tournament on occasion. I really don't think that's asking too much. If Brad can do it, fine. If he can't, then try someone else. I feel like we have been more than patient.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Mar 6, 2020, 10:44 AM

Pig said:

Does anyone on here really expect us to be any better next year? Or the next year? Or the next year?
We may have a 20 win season here or there when we win 3 or 4 in the NIT, but as far as regular season games, we may improve by a game or 2 which will still not get us into the NCAA tournament. I am not EVER expecting a top 10 team, I would just like to make the NCAA tournament on occasion. I really don't think that's asking too much. If Brad can do it, fine. If he can't, then try someone else. I feel like we have been more than patient.

Do you really think we won't be better next year? Are you stupid? Provided we don't get killed w/ injuries again and there are no unexpected transfers, we will be much more experienced next year w/ the most talent we have had under Brownell or Purnell.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2020, 11:56 AM

The proof's in the pudding. There have been a few years we're supposed to be better. Like I said, if Brad can do it, fine, but a 1 or 2 game game improvement still won't get us in the NCAA tournament.

I remember saying the same thing 3 years ago about last...

Mar 6, 2020, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the FACTS... ]

year's team. These pie in the sky hopes sound like coots. Always talking about next year. All that matters is results - Not your hopes.

I'd much rather have a good coach coaching all that talent returning next year than Brad Brownell.

Mar 6, 2020, 12:19 PM

Judge Keller ain’t going to like this.....Go Tigers!!!

Mar 6, 2020, 1:02 PM

But "facts are facts"

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,466
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic