Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's the ESPN feature on Mack. Powerful stuff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 4,342

Here's the ESPN feature on Mack. Powerful stuff

May 1, 2016, 2:40 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/_/id/228

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can anyone not pull for Mack after watching this??

May 1, 2016, 3:12 PM

Of course, most of us already do pull for his success.

A tweet from Marty Smith:

https://twitter.com/MartySmithESPN/status/726801428048666624

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: How can anyone not pull for Mack after watching this??

May 1, 2016, 8:18 PM

and MARTY shouldve done this story! NOT Tom.... I would rate it a 6 now and it wouldve been an 11 with Marty.

The best part of the piece is Mac's phone call. The piece couldve been sooo much more IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great story

May 1, 2016, 3:22 PM

pulling for him

Re: Here's the ESPN feature on Mack. Powerful stuff

May 1, 2016, 4:12 PM

I don't know what others feel about these kids coming from the life they have lived, but I have the deepest passion for them. And I get a serious case of sniffles knowing that MA just rescued his mom and dads remaining life on this earth. Mac has worked very hard to end their suffering. And that makes my heart happy for them that their hopelessness has finally ended for at least them. No more of the big shots looking down their noses at them while trying to get what little that had. As we all probably know that one welloff business man landlord can feed off of hundreds of the very poor and get rich off of them by bull sh!ting them out of what very little they do have. I'm very happy and delighted that that life is over for the Alexander family!!! I still wish that Mackensie could have given Clemson another year, but I clearly understand that he couldn't allow his mother and father to go back in those fields, and bravo for him!!! Mackenzie is one that we don't have to wish good luck, bc he will make his own luck!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very well said***

May 1, 2016, 4:21 PM

May 1, 2016, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the ESPN feature on Mack. Powerful stuff ]

Amen brother. Nothing but love for MA's story and everything he gave to our school. Great to see ESPN honor him and highlight Clemson in such a positive way. I know some of the Clemson family didn't like how he talked on the field but IMO, any Clemson player who works like that can talk all he wants. Best of luck MA. Go do your thing on Sundays like you did for us on Saturdays.

May 1, 2016, 6:01 PM

I hope you trump supporters take a nice long look at the lives of Undocumented workers laboring for 3$ and hour and the dream that their children will have better opportunities than they did. . It certainly isn't the people picking our produce and digging our ditches that are ruining this country.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they don't look undocumented to me, they look poor...***

May 1, 2016, 6:32 PM

as do many others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they don't look undocumented to me, they look poor...***

May 1, 2016, 6:34 PM

His mom said they dont have papers which means they came here illegally. Possibly they should be deported?

then they should get them or leave.***

May 1, 2016, 6:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: then they should get them or leave.***

May 1, 2016, 6:36 PM

this will certainly free up some jobs for trump supporters

amazing how the fruit got picked before "1980..."***

May 1, 2016, 6:36 PM

Re: amazing how the fruit got picked before "1980..."***

May 1, 2016, 6:40 PM

yes, picked by small growers that owned their own land. But we all know that changed when local farmers were run off by the ag giants and the banks. 80's were good times if you were not a farmer or air traffic controller.

there were plenty of large growers pre-1980 and for any ags

May 1, 2016, 6:43 PM

and/or banks that bought up smaller producers, at least they have papers.

Re: there were plenty of large growers pre-1980 and for any ags

May 1, 2016, 6:48 PM

maybe we should punish the mega produce suppliers that are employing slave labor and abusing workers, instead of the poors that are working for them.

Just a thought, cause they are the same peoples that put small local growers out of business with said practices.

cannibalization has happened in about every walk of life...

May 1, 2016, 6:54 PM

with banks, mom and pops to big boxes, malls from boutiques, doctors, lawyers and on and on, no one's gone untouched, most certainly a large group of people that are not supposed to be here.

the fruit didn't die on the vine before they came, it won't going forward - legal americans like their fruit. i know i do.

Re: cannibalization has happened in about every walk of life...

May 1, 2016, 6:58 PM

maybe we can start our own farm and invite Francis down to help with the fruits. I have the inside track on 35 acres an hour east of immokalee

I'm hear for the fruits.***

May 1, 2016, 7:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I'm hear for the fruits.***

May 1, 2016, 7:02 PM

do you like queen palms? cause there are plenty on the property.

you fond of the low hangers?***

May 1, 2016, 7:05 PM [ in reply to I'm hear for the fruits.*** ]

May 1, 2016, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: cannibalization has happened in about every walk of life... ]

how about i come visit you on the politics & religion board where this belonged in the first and maybe you go back to running down the wrong player on kor team?

werd?

as for the FLA, i grew up in there and having been in about every state in the union can say, it is the best, it's home. and yes, i'd go back tomorrow, but only to retire on the beach, while earning 20%.

rip hans gruber

May 1, 2016, 7:11 PM

possibly because there are more trump supporters in here, and the 2-3 in the PNR forum bore me.

May 1, 2016, 7:16 PM

all of you bore me, so you're all equal in my eyes.

May 1, 2016, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: cannibalization has happened in about every walk of life... ]

Balm, any other staunch left or right winger. Do you really think it matters who becomes president? It doesn't - none of them are going to do what they say and they are all gonna look out for their big money lobbyist etc.

I do not care one bit for either Donald or Hillary. I liked Kasich & Carson. But they wouldn't have been any better than the above mentioned once in power.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

don't care***

May 1, 2016, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: cannibalization has happened in about every walk of life... ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How in the hades does a great story end up so badly with politics?!

May 1, 2016, 8:04 PM

Think Balm started it with Trump supporters. GeeZ!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he just said i bore him,want him to know it won't bother me***

May 1, 2016, 8:13 PM

Re: they don't look undocumented to me, they look poor...***

May 1, 2016, 7:18 PM [ in reply to they don't look undocumented to me, they look poor...*** ]

Very well said DSP - such poetic words

ok, let's don't start that crap...

May 1, 2016, 7:22 PM

;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSyx6DaUwxA

I was once told as a young adult that I was hard as a hammer

May 1, 2016, 7:27 PM

with the tact of sandpaper on a babies a$$. I thought that was poetic as well

that's awesome - seriously <3 any & all that make dsp laugh

May 1, 2016, 7:29 PM

as you did now.

every juan - the tall and the small, have the wonderful nights.

late, gville.

Re: that's awesome - seriously <3 any & all that make dsp laugh

May 1, 2016, 8:36 PM

Thought you may relate to that one... Goodnight to you as well sir

You get it, bro.

May 1, 2016, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the ESPN feature on Mack. Powerful stuff ]

Pretty much the story of America. Those brave and strong-willed people are what made this country strong. But, whatever.

There are a lot of stories like this on our team every year and it drives me mad when I get on here and see posters bashing our players. If people stopped and thought about the bigger things in life maybe this board would be a little more civil.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You get it, bro.

May 1, 2016, 7:19 PM

you mean, like this poster?

Re: You get it, bro.

May 1, 2016, 7:48 PM

I really do not think that something like this should ever be brought up on a message board. I am thrilled for Mac and his family but really, he did great things at Clemson and we appreciate what he did. Good for his family!

are his parents illegal,i don't know***

May 1, 2016, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the ESPN feature on Mack. Powerful stuff ]

This is a great story - politics be ######.

May 1, 2016, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the ESPN feature on Mack. Powerful stuff ]

What a great family, and what a tremendous young man.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Bottom line is...they are documented now...

May 1, 2016, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's the ESPN feature on Mack. Powerful stuff ]

They came to the US in 1980. Mack was not born until 1993. The parents had to be in the US for 5 years before the birth and the child is an American citizen, as are the parents. I feel sure there were other babies before Mackensie. That makes both parents US citizens.

May 1, 2016, 8:06 PM

Goodness. There is something about this man that pulls at my heart. I teared up again watching him get excited about his name being called. I will be watching Mac! I can't wait to see you on Sunday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 4,342
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic