Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's with the downgrading of CU's '19 class?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

What's with the downgrading of CU's '19 class?

Jan 28, 2019, 11:42 PM

I guess it's not over until Feb 6, but how did we drop from around 5 or 6 to #9 or 10 for the 2019 class?

As for others, seems like we ought to be in the top 4 (or so) for 2020. I know - it's a long time off - but it seems to be headed that way.

Still don't quite get the deal, so far, with 2019.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's how you should look at it.

Jan 28, 2019, 11:46 PM

Check out this recruiting class that was ranked #9 in the country

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Season/2015-Football/Commits/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's how should look at it.

Jan 28, 2019, 11:55 PM

Well said owensb01®

Several of our signees rankings dropped. Does that mean

Jan 28, 2019, 11:47 PM

anything? Net really, except for some of the services propping up the SEC signees and knocking down others!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Several of our signees rankings dropped. Does that mean

Jan 29, 2019, 12:04 AM

You're probably right. Did an interview once with Jim Grobe when he was at Wake (super nice guy, by the way).

He said, "When we sign a 3 or 4 star player, he's automatically dropped to a 2 or 3 star." He said it laughing, like he he didn't care, but he made his point.

Other schools have probably gotten some new commits

Jan 28, 2019, 11:48 PM

that pushed them ahead of us.

Re: Other schools have probably gotten some new commits

Jan 29, 2019, 6:30 AM

I think the rankings are pretty much spot on. A few guys who are immediate contributors but mostly depth projects in this class. Guys who have all the physical talent but need some technique refining.

This from the beginning was a high number class which lends itself to being able to take project kids with very high ceilings. Nothing to do with SEC players getting fake boost, just about where our class should be.

That said our 2020 class is going to be loaded and in the top 4 no doubt. Question is will it because rankings give Clemson players fake boosts?

Re: Other schools have probably gotten some new commits

Jan 29, 2019, 8:13 AM

"Nothing to do with SEC players getting fake boost"

The rest of what you said may be true, but there's no denying the SEC boost. It exists in season rankings and recruiting rankings. The bias in ingrained in all the people doing the rankings, and they may not even realize they're doing it, but they are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What's with the downgrading of CU's '19 class?

Jan 28, 2019, 11:51 PM

All of the so called "recruiting experts" downgraded half our commitments. Some by huge numbers, but Dabo knows what each of these recruits have inside them and what they're capable of. All that matters to our coaches is that these kids committed to us are truly All In & the coaches will take care of building them up!

It’s to set up all the teams we’ll play

Jan 28, 2019, 11:59 PM

...they’ll be thinking we’re “cycling out” again!!! ??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2019, 5:40 AM

I honestly do not care what number they put on the class. We got the players that decided to be #ALLIN. I was talking to a Dawg alum yesterday. He said they have internal leadership problems with their team. Said it did not matter if some of their players were considered five stars. He said they were not playing together as a team. He was also very complimentary of what Dabo has done at Clemson. This guy was a class act. Our coaches know what they are doing. So let the others watch and be envious. Go Tigers!

Jan 29, 2019, 6:49 AM

LOL
been going on for years
5* till hes a Tiger then a 4*
TL #1 QB in nation till hes a Tiger then #2 QB
Our Tigers are all 5*
Does not matter where they start
the working goal is to be #1

ESPN
2019 Football Class Rankings
8 Clemson

2018 Football Class Rankings
5 Clemson

2017 Football Class Rankings
10 Clemson

2016 Football Class Rankings
8 Clemson

2015 Football Class Rankings
4 Clemson

2014 Football Class Rankings
12 Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2019, 9:36 AM

Take it easy. We just won 2 of the last 3 nattys and we did it with an average ranking of roughly 10th, maybe a little higher. I believe that is further proof of the caliber of our coaching staff. Lets make it 3 of 4 in 19!

You are looking at the wrong poll

Jan 29, 2019, 7:56 AM

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: You are looking at the wrong poll

Jan 29, 2019, 8:09 AM

What'­s with the downgrading of CU's '19 class?
responding to the post

http://insider.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/classrankings

Jan 29, 2019, 9:38 AM

I am sure ESPN is behind it. They hate us.

Jan 29, 2019, 9:42 AM

not really been paying any attention, but I assume there are other programs ahead of still adding to their classes, while i think we are waiting on or two kids on signing day.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2019, 10:08 AM

The disrespect shown our guys fuels them. They are playing right into our hands.

Who won the Miss America contest and how does that...

Jan 29, 2019, 11:47 AM

affect the price of eggs in China? For context consider a four touchdown trashing of the team that had the #1 ranked recruiting classes 8 out of the last ten cycles. Seems like there's about as much correlation between Miss America and chinese egg prices as there is recruiting rankings and points in the playoff.

So, do we adjust recruiting to win the recruiting contest or shall we continue to get the better recruits?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic