Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's how I see this impeachment going.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 344

Here's how I see this impeachment going.

Dec 15, 2019, 9:28 PM

It took me a couple days to think this through. I believe the house will vote to impeach. I believe the senate will present an argument which motions for a summary dismissal and the Chief Justice will allow an up or down vote.

Typically the SCOTUS tries to stay out of political disputes but the dems' 2nd article of impeachment is an insult to the position and authority of the SCOTUS. Dems are accusing Trump of abuse of power and then accusing him of obstructing congress without seeking support of the SCOTUS.

Basically, they are ignoring the SCOTUS authority to settle legal arguments between the executive and the legislative branches. I challenge the authority of the 'House of Representin,' to claim obstruction of congress without haven't sought SCOTUS help with subpoena enforcement.

After the impeachment is dismissed the Senate can investigate anything and everything they want but I think the pubs best path is to allow Durham to finish without getting involved. Up to now all of this investigating and finger pointing is political. Durham isn't a political man. He is a justice seeker with knuckles which drag the ground.

Let the politics continue but stay out of Durham's way and let him operate without politicians fogging the air with rhetoric.

BTW, if the POTUS wants a full blown trial he will end up on the witness stand and expose himself to perjury charges. You can bet that's what the dems will design their prosecution to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^breaking boomer take news***

Dec 15, 2019, 9:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No vote and Censure

Dec 15, 2019, 9:50 PM

Call it a day.

Trump 2020

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next!***

Dec 15, 2019, 9:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say we go retro with a Burr v. Hamilton duel

Dec 15, 2019, 10:03 PM

Trump vs. his pick of any of the justices to a good old gun duel on Pennsylvania Ave. Broadcast live on PPV. The proceeds will eliminate our debt to China and the result will make at least half of the country happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's how I see this impeachment going.

Dec 15, 2019, 10:31 PM

Trump didn't just ignore one subpoena, he blocked all staff from testifying and refused to supply even a single document from any department. This, without declaring Executive Privilege. This is a violation of the Doctine of Separation of Powers and the Constitution grant of Sole Legislative Powers to Congress. What your suggesting is that anytime Congress want's any document from the Executive Branch, SCOTUS must grant that wish. That's not how our Government works.

Congress is a co-equal branch of govt. It has equal powers as the executive branch. SCOTUS ruled that Nixon had to comply with Congressional Subpoenas, they also ruled that Clinton had to comply with Congressional Subpoenas. It is settled law and I doubt that SCOTUS would even hear the case.

The idea that SCOTUS is being 'left out of the loop' is not credible, at all. What you're suggesting is that the Executive Branch has more power than Congress. What you're describing is a Constitutional Monarchy, not a Constitutional Republic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the SCOTUS removed executive privilege from...

Dec 16, 2019, 11:49 AM

the constitution?

The SCOTUS just ruled Friday that they would hear arguments on Trump's tax return. Felix, I'm not claiming to know anything about law but since we know that tax return issue started when the house subpoenaed Trump's tax return. Judges in lower courts sided with congress and case was appealed to the SCOTUS. That is an exactly contradiction to your assumption that

You doubt the SCOTUS would hear what? I'm not suggesting, I declaring that the branches of government are equal just as our constitution describes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCOTUS authority to settle legal arguments..."

Dec 16, 2019, 8:26 AM

"...between the executive and the legislative branches"

where do you find support for this in the Constitution?

The original jurisdiction of the Court is set out in the Constitution and it does not include settling ANYTHING between the other two branches. Furthermore, the Constitution states that the Congress sets the jurisdiction for the Court beyond the original jurisdiction demarcated in the document.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's how I see this impeachment going.

Dec 16, 2019, 9:41 AM

I think the senate should just stiff-arm it. Tell the house, “Don’t even send that bullshlt document over here”.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 344
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic