Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone see this yet? How high were we on this guy?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Anyone see this yet? How high were we on this guy?

Jul 20, 2015, 9:54 PM

https://t.co/cjVY0jJevs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are taking one DE and are

Jul 20, 2015, 10:16 PM

Focused on Clayton and Kelly. We have already turned down a higher rated DE than Boykin who committed to Tennessee. You can be very selective when you only need one player, just like at DB.

Here's another to perhaps keep an eye on....

Jul 20, 2015, 10:42 PM

It's a LONG shot but I'll throw a name out there in Nick Coe. Several things would of course have to happen for this to be a possibility like Antonneous Clayton not picking us, Xavier Kelly giving a clear indication that it won't be Clemson, and last but not least Coe would have to get his grades right. It is my understanding that as of right now, his grades may not be up to Clemson's standards. But dude is a play maker- I will give him that.

DE Nick Coe 6-5 265 Asheboro, NC Asheboro HS

In 2014, had 70 tackles and 19 sacks with 2 recoveries. During his sophomore year, Coe tallied 40 tackles, 6 sacks, 4 TFL, 2 FF, and 1 FR. Rivals ranks Coe as a 4* prospect, the #13 DE, and #168 overall. Rivals also shows him as running a 4.78 40, a 265 bench press, and 375 squat. 24/7 ranks him as the #12 SDE and a 4*. Attended the second Jr Day. " Has offers from UNC, VT, WVU, Charlotte, and ODU. He is drawing interest from CU and FSU. His original hometown in Richmond, VA which could play into his recruitment with VT getting into the picture. Grew up a UNC fan and they'll be the ones to beat. Coe is also a member of the wrestling team. He won a HS National Wrestling title last season. Video of championship match- http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251500-NHSCA-Nationals/video/741392-285lb-So-Final-Jake-Beistel-PA-vs-Nick-Coe-NC#.VP1L8rUXbIU
Film- http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3377816/nick-coe

“He’s very athletic for his size,” Asheboro head coach Owen George said. “We’ve had some bigger kids come through Asheboro – I’ve been here for 15 years – but none as athletic as Nick. Nick is very, very athletic for his body size and obviously that’s got to directly correlate to wrestling…

“Every college coach that comes through here, they’re so impressed when they hear how good of a wrestler he is and the first thing that comes out of their mouths is leverage. He plays with great leverage – he doesn’t stand up. He understands how to push and pull. I think he was second or third in the state in sacks last year, so I think it translates to the football field because of his skill set.

“He can run – he ran a 4.7 [40-yard dash] at Tennessee’s camp last year.”

Had this to say after Jr Day- “It was fantastic and it's a great college. The best part of the day was when I met the DE coach and the head coach.”
Short read- "He's one of the best conditioned kids on the whole team," George said. "And that's because of his wrestling experience, he's always in such good shape."
George says Coe's time wrestling also keeps his weight in flux pretty regularly, as he tends to check in anywhere from 250 to 275 pounds on any given day. "Nick is a wrestler as well, one of the best in the state," George said. "And Coach Wiles said he also wrestled back in the day, and he really appreciates that wrestler mentality, because it's all about leverage. That's why so many former wrestlers are so successful." Coe isn't just your run of the mill high wrestler either; he won the title bout at 285 pounds National High School Coaches Association's national championships as a sophomore last year. Read more here- http://www.thekeyplay.com/virginia-tech-football-recruiting/2015/02/8704/2016-de-nick-coe-visits-blacksburg-junior-day-comes

Side note from 2015 Jr Day- “One defensive line coach was talking about if I keep bringing my grades up, they’ll offer me. The other defensive line coach said I was a great defensive end and great player,” Coe said.

Re: Here's another to perhaps keep an eye on....

Jul 20, 2015, 10:53 PM

Thanks Bry

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic