Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's an interesting conspiracy theory....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Here's an interesting conspiracy theory....

Apr 16, 2020, 8:32 AM

China was developing a virus that targets certain races or is less lethal to certain races but the cat got out of the bag too early. Parallel to that, they were developing a vaccine, but it too was not ready and now they are deploying an early version. This could be a domination strategy or a business strategy, but either way it works.

In any case, the rapid spread in the US and Europe relative to Asian counties is concerning. It certainly could be cultural.

Also, it would be interesting to know what is really going on with infection rates in China. Is it much worse than reported or something even more sinister?

Don't make too much of this post. Just some musings on all the good and bad data and other information out there.

It all makes you go, "hmmm".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory....

Apr 16, 2020, 8:34 AM

We're getting Chinese delivery for lunch . I will withhold any comments until after .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Love me some General Tso chicken.***

Apr 16, 2020, 8:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yesssss!!!***

Apr 16, 2020, 8:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love me some General Tso chicken.***

Apr 16, 2020, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Love me some General Tso chicken.*** ]

I went with the Szechuan Beef . Hard to fake beef .

DB23

Re: Love me some General Tso chicken.***

Apr 16, 2020, 7:57 PM

Not sure why but every Chinese restaurant in Florence and Darlington are closed. They all do a large percentage of business in carry out. I went by my favorite trying to send some business their way and no luck.

Love General Tsos, but Shrimp lo mein is my go to.

Message was edited by: TigerJS®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Florence needs a quality Chinese restaurant. Red Bowl is ok***

Apr 16, 2020, 10:22 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florence needs a quality Chinese restaurant. Red Bowl is ok***

Apr 16, 2020, 11:25 PM

You’re right about that. I go to Golden Dragon occasionally. Just don’t eat out a lot and try to spread the love around so to speak. Right now I’d settle for one being open.

What’s your go to? General Tso’s? The stickier the better.

Apr 16, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory.... ]

I’m partial to Thai food, love the lemongrass and ginger flavors, but as far as Americanized Asian food nothing beats the GENERAL Ts!!!!

6.1 Celsius & sunny in SC's magnificent Upstate.

Apr 16, 2020, 8:37 AM

Good morning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it a good one.***

Apr 16, 2020, 8:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Be sure to get your morning stretches in.

Apr 16, 2020, 8:55 AM [ in reply to 6.1 Celsius & sunny in SC's magnificent Upstate. ]

Apr 16, 2020, 8:52 AM

Um maybe because all the Asian countries wear masks it didn't spread as much? And our country isn't into masks so our people got in trouble for wearing them early, and we were told not to? Now we have to?

RE: masks...do Asian nations not have

Apr 16, 2020, 9:12 AM

Bank robberies...hold-ups? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I acknowledged cultural differences contributing...

Apr 16, 2020, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory.... ]

..to the spreading, but there is some research on the genetic tenancies of this thing.

If China had this thing in the lab before the public infection, what were they doing with it? That has nothing to do with people wearing masks.

Again, this is just musings. We will never know the truth about manipulations on many levels in China.

Re: I acknowledged cultural differences contributing...

Apr 16, 2020, 4:07 PM

Here is your answer about spreading. In a communist country they can throw you in jail for spreading the virus. In America, we let you out of jail to spread the virus. Read the twitter feed below.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1250844784656334849

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory.... ]

Tigress2 said:

Um maybe because all the Asian countries wear masks it didn't spread as much? And our country isn't into masks so our people got in trouble for wearing them early, and we were told not to? Now we have to?

People were cited/arrested for thinking for themselves and wearing masks? That sounds horrible. Almost like someone was making that up. I try to keep up with the news but I missed that.

Could you send a link? I'd like to check it out.

Not as wild as a lot of other Tin Foil Hat theories out

Apr 16, 2020, 9:16 AM

there in the ether.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 9:29 AM

China understands that "forgiveness is easier than permission." As such, they know they have stood the whole world on its ear and lost many of their own citizens to COVID19. Yet such is the cost of their experiment, and they have no regrets. They will, however, apologize and the world will forgive them because we need them. We've given them most of the manufacturing and process business on the planet. So "they" are essential to the world's well-being. The difference is, world leaders now fear what they might do if they aren't treated with respect. The whole "world order" has changed right before our eyes and Democrats are determined to blame President Trump rather than then true culprit. That's our government at work and it's embarrassing! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 9:31 AM

I think it's more likely that china was severely understating the actual number of infections.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apr 16, 2020, 9:54 AM

Based solely on your map - looks to me like international traffic hubs seem to be the majority of the hot spots. The US & Europe have more localized travel - spreading from the hubs.

Not speculating on the origin of the daggum thing:

Trump is a boil on the butt of humanity. Plain and simple. He deserves the blame for calling it a hoax, minimizing it, telling the world we had it under complete control, and ultimately waiting until the spread was already happening to have any meaningful response. Just for starters, anyway. He deserves blame for much, much more - we'll have many years to unfold all that he has done/undone over the next few years.

Congratulations to us. We elected a boil on the butt of humanity to be our president. Yet I am still surprised - pretty much daily - at the amazingly asinine stuff he does to top the asinine stuff he did the previous day.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:18 AM

So you’re going to post this and not acknowledge the Dems calling him xenophobic for the travel bans, and then encouraging ppl to get out in the cities and mingle in chinatown??? I mean, if you are going to be “so knowledgeable” about the situation, you have to at least bring up Pelosi’s actions along with the other couple of dem leaders that downplayed this thing even worse than Trump did.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:43 AM

"Pelosi & the Dems" are not the President.

Presumably, you've been lapping up the crap he spews at his "press conferences". Where he recently emphatically exclaimed the he has the power to adjourn Congress. Preceded a few weeks earlier by his stating that he takes "no responsibility at all" for his own administration's response. Even going so far as to blame the previous administration.

You literally had one of his lackeys wearing a gas mask on the Senate floor (who later, hilariously, contracted the virus himself), and Senators posting pictures w/ there families out in spite of local governor's restrictions. And you want acknowledgement that "Pelosi & the Dems" hold equal responsibility for all of this?!

Please provide more info. on the Dems that "downplayed this thing even worse than Trump did".

When you were whining about Obama wanting to kill your granny three years ago, where was this "whataboutism" then?

Apr 16, 2020, 12:05 PM

There are plenty of clips and such available if you want to google them.I would think the people in states such as NY would listen more to what their governor and mayor have to say than Trump.For example MSNBC and CNN are carrying Cuomo’s briefing now.Fox is not.So letting the other leaders off the hook in this crisis is questionable.

Apr 16, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory.... ]

All anyone needs to know about you and how factual your opinions are is to look at the tone of your response to my post. You just accused me of saying something about Obama wanting to kill my granny out of thin air. Please pride a link to where I said that. I also never said that Trump did any of this perfectly or even the right way. Your type is so fueled with hate for the GOP that you will never be able to have a factual/common sense/unbiased view on anything. The fact that you can’t acknowledge that the Dems have tried to operate like they run the country, while fueling the biggest divide we’ve ever seen in the modern era is laughable. Trump also had his screw ups and crap behavior that added to this, but he is the lesser of the 2 evils. I don’t feel like typing out all of the horrible #### that the left has tried to do over the past 3 and a half years from an iPhone. If you try to respond with “please provide proof” we will all know that you either A.) aren’t competent enough to easily look it up on your own, or B.) you are too one-sided to ever have a decent convo about any important issue

Apr 16, 2020, 3:24 PM

My bad on the "you" in the Obama wants to kill yr granny line. It was meant to be a broad indictment of Trump supporters, of which I assume you are one.

I am guilty of making a similar broad stroke here towards you, but you have no idea what "type" I am based on this one exchange.

I am not a political person. I do not "hate" the "GOP". I do not love the "Dems". I am bothered by megalomaniacal narcissistic turds. Particularly when they hold the highest office in our country, and arguably, formerly, the world.

The fact that you think the "Dems" have "fuel[ed] the biggest divide we’ve ever seen in the modern era" is, in deed, very, very laughable. Your Narcissistic Turd has fueled this divide, to his own ends, in getting the GOP nomination, winning the presidency, and capitalizing on bating and fostering fear and hatred in the people that buy into what he is selling them.

He is the embodiment of evil. Complete lack of empathy. Acts only in his own interest. And most often, acts to the determent of others. Everyone is less than. Even his most fervent followers.

I think my opinions are very much based on facts. I get them from multiple sources across many platforms and do my best to make my own opinions based on as much information as I possibly can.

I don't care to go on a deep dive into the many failings of the "Dems" over the past 3 and a half years - I'm sure there are many.

This is not an apples-to-apples comparison. He and his followers love to bask in the glory when something remotely positive happens, more than happy to take all of the praise and adoration. But, when something goes amiss, or, in this case, horribly, fatally wrong for many people, it's time to play the blame game while making everybody around me pat me on the back & tell me what good job we're all doing here. Every day. In front of God & everybody.

Please Provide Proof.

Apr 16, 2020, 11:50 PM

So you think Hilary was the better option? We only had 2 real options. You can either accept the reality of our situation, or sit on your high horse and pout all day while insulting everyone. I never wanted to vote for Trump, but I would rather Rodney Dangerfield be the president than Hillary Clinton. If you want to talk abut fueling a divide: when Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by a Mexican/Jewish man, Obama could have said, “it is a terrible tragedy when any young American loses their life....” instead he said: “if I had a son he would look exactly like Trayvon Martin...” thus igniting more racial divide. We can sit here and point fingers all day, but we need less government; not more. The reason I tend to lean more towards the right, is because the left ALWAYS thinks that if we give our government more power over us, there’s nO wAy ThEy WoUlD eVeR aBuSe iT.....

Apr 17, 2020, 9:00 AM

Q1 - Yes.

Point1 - Not insulting everyone. Just our Megalomaniac-In-Chief and his acolytes.

Point2 - Congrats. You elected Rodney Dangerfield to be your president.

Point3 - Simple answer - If the kid were white, he would not have been deemed a threat. The race/ethnicity of the gunman is of no consequence in my opinion. The dude that shot the kid holds more responsibility than anyone. The kid was guilty of being black. Much like the president you refer to. His biggest sin was being black and getting elected president. Folks that voted for Dumpy Punkin are making the world suffer for that daily.

Point4 - Very timely statement. More government action would have us in a much better position right now. There is a global pandemic going on - our federal government decided to capitalize on and play favorites with essential equipment/materials rather than do all he could to make the lives of all our people safer across the board. A sound voice from a sound administration provided sound assistance would have made this pandemic much easier to cope with.

Point5 - (I think you might have fallen over from leaning to the right a bit too hard.) Power = Corruption. Your Narcissistic Turd has hog-tied or completely gotten rid of every method of oversight that he possibly could, and continues on that path daily. Just like in his personal endeavors, he wants zero access to anyone seeing how the sausage is made. No tax returns made available to this day. He's not only beyond corrupt - he blatantly abuses his status daily to his own benefit.

Politicians are inherently corrupt - At least they used to attempt to hide it. And, when in the midst of a national tragedy (See W., Reagan, etc.) they at least were capable of compassion and empathy. Not out to self-congratulate and aggrandize themselves above dealing with the problem head-on.

Apr 16, 2020, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory.... ]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/nancy-pelosi-visits-san-franciscos-chinatown-to-encourage-people-amid-fears-of-coronavirus/amp/

Apr 17, 2020, 9:16 AM

(For the record - you went & googled it...glad you found the time.)

My read on this, that maybe you can't see, for whatever reason, is Pelosi reaching out to the Chinese community in the face of idiotic racism against our own Chinese citizens to show support & be a voice of reason for them. But, I could be wrong.

Apr 16, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory.... ]

All xhe knows is what Rachel Maddow tells xim to regurgitate.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Apr 17, 2020, 9:13 AM

Well said. I don't watch MSNBC - but typical logic. Lump anyone that doesn't agree into the other side bubble. Throw in a little insult taboot. Nice work!

But communists would never slaughter their own people

Apr 16, 2020, 9:56 AM

Apr 16, 2020, 10:11 AM

Too many coincidences and news coming out about that bio-lab in Wuhan to think that this was just some random, natural occurrence. Too much coverup from the chinese inititally, which is normal for that type of government and that society when a major organizational screw-up happens.

For me the only question is how did the virus get loose?

Could it have been someone selling a research animal on the black market? Possible.

Could it have been that someone working there got the bug due to lax safety protocols and he became patient zero in wuhan? Entirely possible, maybe even likely given the fact that the Chinese lab had issues and actually had to receive training from us on procedures and best practices when working with bad stuff like highly human infectious coronaviruses. This would have generated the fastest coverup actions by the Chinese government. Like the firing of staff at the lab and replacement of the head of the lab,which took place before the Chinese admitted that they had a real problem on their hands.

Could it have been an intentional release to jack up the world economy and the US and use the situation to their advantage? This is a theory that is out there on the edge and not probable or likely (IMHO), but is it possible? Anything is possible to a communist regime that has had no problem killing millions of it's own citizens, enforcing forced abortions, anecdotally supporting organ harvesting of executed prisoners, etc. etc. Release it in Wuhan, let it spread for a little bit internationally, plausibly blame it on the wet market (where all pandemics start) and take the minor hit for that, while using their influence with the WHO to delay alarm bells being sounded. Then immediately lock down the city and suppress information. Then use the ensuing chaos in the world to get relieve from US economic pressuue, and crank up the propaganda machine and position themselves as stepping up to fight the virus, and hopefully gaining the upper hand economically.

I tend to believe it was some sort of screw up and not an random act of God or a grand Machiavellian scheme.

Apr 16, 2020, 12:35 PM

Here's a really good documentary on the probable origins:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/documentary-tracking-down-the-origin-of-wuhan-coronavirus_3313091.html

It's about an hour long. The first 35-40 minutes or so is where the info is and the last part is a Taiwanese smear campaign on the CPC (still good info). The TL;DR is that its genome shows it's most definitely man-made and almost certain that it was developed and released in the Wuhan lab. My only questions are:

Why is man messing with nature and developing such a virus?
1. As a bio-weapon.
2. To understand more about them and possibly have treatments for such a time in the future where a similar virus may appear (but again this is man-made) or another country may develop and release such a bio-weapon.

How did it get released?
1. Intentionally - why?
2. Accidentally - how?

No, I've seen ads on YouTube from epoch times

Apr 16, 2020, 3:58 PM

That's complete trash. Sorry you lost an hour of your life but at least there isn't much else to do.

Apr 16, 2020, 11:03 AM

"China was developing a virus that targets certain races or is less lethal to certain races but the cat got out of the bag too early."

You should definitely be on trump's Reopening America committee. They could use the brains. Lightly grilled with sauteed mushrooms.

^^He merely posed...and was quite clear

Apr 16, 2020, 11:34 AM

In saying 'Don't make too much of this post'...but, you did.

Is this a personal attack?

Apr 16, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory.... ]

Sounds like a personal attack, but you seem to be into that kind of thing.

Apr 16, 2020, 12:43 PM

I don't get why thinking this was made in a lab is so far fetched and taboo. All of the evidence points to that.

History will tell the story. The truth will eventually come out.

Seems like any Chinese citizens who start asking...

Apr 16, 2020, 1:07 PM

...serious questions disappear.

Apr 16, 2020, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory.... ]

It's possible they were looking at it in a lab. If it were engineered, it wouldn't be this. Militaries don't bother researching viruses that have a 3% kill rate. This would have an ebola-like kill rate and be as infectious as measles.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Here's an interesting conspiracy theory.... ]

What evidence?

It is an RNA virus that attacks human DNA

Apr 16, 2020, 3:26 PM

I repeat HUMAN DNA, race has nothing to do with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2020, 12:50 AM

The cultures are different enough to cause a difference in spreading the disease. Add to that they may have not been honest with the figures . . sounds good to me.

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic