Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
Acceptance Letters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,931

Acceptance Letters

Feb 3, 2020, 12:41 PM

Wish I had saved mine. It was an interesting process for me. Clemson was among my top choices, but certainly not a given upon acceptance. I had never seen the campus. The campus visit sealed the deal almost instantly (definitely something in those hills !!). Little did I know at the time how important that letter would become. With my daughter now a student, it would have been great to share that letter with her. Had no idea at the time what a special part of my life and my daughter's life (and hopefully a grandchild's life !) CU would become. So - those of you receiving them, cherish them and put them in a safe place ! Go Tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acceptance Letters

Feb 3, 2020, 1:37 PM

Check with archives. They may surprise you unless it was written on a scroll !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acceptance Letters

Feb 3, 2020, 1:39 PM

honestly, had never even considered that ! worth a longshot, I guess. Given my age, actually could have been a scroll !!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saved mine. Just a normal size white envelope

Feb 3, 2020, 1:57 PM

with a Clemson logo. Inside, a simple 1-page letter from the dean of the department saying I was accepted. That's it.

This was early 1980's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a good one: saved mine.............but can't

Feb 3, 2020, 2:49 PM

remember where I put it.

Call it "age-related." lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's a good one: saved mine.............but can't

Feb 3, 2020, 4:25 PM

I have no idea what happened to mine. I got it in 1970 and Clemson was the only school I applied to. It was Clemson or get drafted. Luckily they let me in and by the time I was commissioned the war was winding down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, I keep virtually everything but that acceptance letter

Feb 3, 2020, 11:05 PM

is no where to be found but the memory of it arriving just as I was headed to Mt Lake Colony above Travelers Rest with GF had me pumped..but no one there could believe I had been accepted.

Ha..me either!

August 1959~

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,931
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic