Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tip of the cap to Tim Bourret
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,891

Tip of the cap to Tim Bourret

Oct 22, 2018, 11:37 AM

Listening to last game's radio broadcast, I was blown away yet again by how much Clemson history is in this man's head. He brings game insight to a whole other dimension.

When we had muffed the trick play on the fake kick he pointed out that it was the same play run by Jeff Scott in a game in 2004.

Awesome stuff Mr Bourret!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Asking..

Oct 22, 2018, 11:39 AM

did Jeff muff it..also?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Asking..

Oct 22, 2018, 11:53 AM

Scott scored..

Here ya go, I was wrong, actually did it in 2001 against UCF

Oct 22, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Asking.. ]

https://youtu.be/UrlDv76TyPk

Re: Here ya go, I was wrong, actually did it in 2001 against UCF

Oct 22, 2018, 12:31 PM

I didn’t even remember that we played UCF and I was at this game. Oh my.

It was his job for 40 years. It would kinda be bad if he didn't know the history***

Oct 22, 2018, 11:44 AM

Ok, so feel free to ignore this post then ya punk***

Oct 22, 2018, 11:53 AM

I'm pretty sure I watched that Scott play 14 yrs ago, but

Oct 22, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to It was his job for 40 years. It would kinda be bad if he didn't know the history*** ]

it doesn't mean I remember it well enough to recall it on my own. We've all watched a lot of Clemson plays, but Tim has a unique ability to make connections and create ideas/stats that show Clemson in the best light. There's a reason it was his job for 40 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

but specifically your job as an SID

Oct 22, 2018, 12:21 PM

Is to go over every game in extensive detail. Look at and analyze the stats, prepare them for media articles etc. I follow and have worked with a number of SIDs around the country and they all do that. Many of them make obscure stat connections as well just like. They love stats, eat it up.

Tim is certainly a great one and had great longevity.

There is a big difference in fascinating minutiae & history ...

Oct 22, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to It was his job for 40 years. It would kinda be bad if he didn't know the history*** ]

Tim Bourett researched and compiled the type of obscure details that make mere historians pale in comparison.

He was the best in the business and we will miss him.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

last thing Tim MUST do before he retires

Oct 22, 2018, 11:52 AM

send a tweet, message, fax, facebook, instagram, snap chat, face time, hangout, my spac, friendster, aND all the other social media outlets to ALL of the media affiliates. ..

deerest Media darlings,

as my last official duty as the media guy for clemson I want to get 2 things straight with you idiots...

1. There is no Z in Clemson
2. Clemson fans are asked to join theor fellow student athletes on the field after every game, regardless of the outcome.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

IMO, Tim belongs in some sort of

Oct 22, 2018, 11:56 AM

Clemson HOF, Ring of Honor, etc., at the first opportunity

He and Mr. B were an integral part of Clemson athletics for a long, long time

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tip of the cap to Tim Bourret

Oct 22, 2018, 12:27 PM

Bob Bradley was a stickler for details. I don't know if Tim had a natural talent for the details or if he was indoctrinated by Bob. They were both excellent.

Tim spoke to our Clemson Downs POA Breakfast Saturday Morning before the NCS game. Someone asked if Clemson was playing Notre Dame who would he be pulling for. Without hesitating he replied, CLEMSON.

And another coincident. One of the ladies who lives here at Clemson Downs and Tim's Mother went to the same high school in Connecticut and were close friends.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,891
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic