Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Best indictment of Georgia’s post season Behavior, and it could only hit home coming from a GA icon
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Best indictment of Georgia’s post season Behavior, and it could only hit home coming from a GA icon

Jan 3, 2019, 1:55 PM

Sorry if Germans, but man Worley hits the nail so squarely on the head!!

“I’m not going to single anyone out, but UGA players were blowing Twitter up during the Clemson-Notre Dame game, lamenting the Playoff Committee’s faulty decision making in choosing the four best teams for the Playoff. And they didn’t hold back. They were brash. Arrogant. Haughty. Loud. And, based on last night’s lackluster performance, UGA players’ bodies were at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, but their minds were out west in Levi’s Stadium…where they will not be playing, because a team that beat them will be. UGA showed everyone watching (including NFL scouts) that, if they weren’t playing in the Playoff, then they weren’t playing at all.” -Tim Worley

https://ugawire.com/2019/01/02/uga-football-legend-pens-frustration-with-teams-sugar-bowl-performance-leadership/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good read.

Jan 3, 2019, 2:05 PM

It really reiterated something I posted about UGA on here last night. It’s hard to take a program seriously when they lose because they “didn’t want to be there.” It’s sad to see kids and coaches so full of themselves they think they are above playing in a great bowl game that most programs would love to have the chance to play in but never get the opportunity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good read.

Jan 3, 2019, 9:58 PM

All comes back to you...well done. You ever play at UGA?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i read that earlier on fb, excellent stuff there.***

Jan 3, 2019, 2:06 PM

more excuses. their tiny little minds weren't even there***

Jan 3, 2019, 2:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here we go again...

Jan 3, 2019, 2:22 PM

It's copping to the " didn't wanna be there " view of things . To say they weren't in the Sugar Bowl mentally with no desire to win it is to take away from the great game that Texas played and continue to propagate the myth that SEC bowl losses to other conferences are attributable to their lack of enthusiasm over their draw . It's a lame and cowardly .
Miss me with that BS , they got manhandled by a team on a mission . Football is sort of that way .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Here we go again...

Jan 3, 2019, 2:46 PM

Agree entirely. As Yogi would have said, 90% of the game is half mental.

Jan 4, 2019, 12:17 AM

Supposedly what Yogi said was "(Baseball) is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical."

Jan 3, 2019, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Here we go again... ]

“...they got manhandled by a team on a mission . Football is sort of that way.”

I wish I’d said that!

Not wanting to be at a NY6 Bowl is BS

Jan 3, 2019, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Here we go again... ]

But it's easier for them to accept a good butt-whipping for the butt-sniffers! Bottomline I feel like they were probably trying to show the world they belonged but got their snouts pinched sniffing the wrong crotch!

Jan 3, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Here we go again... ]

That’s really the overarching point isn’t?

Saying that they didn’t show up or didn’t want to be there is a far far worse admission of deficiencies in culture and character than just saying, we got beat. And that’s completely lost on them-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best indictment of Georgia’s post season

Jan 3, 2019, 2:32 PM

I think they just got beaten by a better team

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA people have always acted entitled as though they've.....

Jan 3, 2019, 2:42 PM

always been a blue blood of college football. They have a pompous attitude as if they've always been a major player. If you didn't know better, you'd swear they've won the national title multiple times instead of in 1980 (38 seasons ago now). And when they do get the chance to play in big games recently, they find a way to blow them.

I wish Bevo had finished off Uga...

Jan 3, 2019, 3:02 PM

...my dislike for the Georgia football program is ingrained from the loss of Hershel to Clemson.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

right on, one of the reasons I can't stand them***

Jan 3, 2019, 7:22 PM [ in reply to UGA people have always acted entitled as though they've..... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tim Worley's Comments re Georgia

Today's Seneca Journal had an article about all of Georgia's miscues in their loss to Texaas. Actually, the miscues appeared to be more about excuses. Tim Worley's comments would have been more appropriate, in fact, his comments could apply to coaches and players at many schools.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont we ban our players from social media during the year?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I believe the team has self-imposed a social media ban each season

Jan 3, 2019, 2:52 PM

for at least the past few. Pretty impressive and an amazing comment on team leadership.

Unless I’m misunderstanding.

null

Re: dont we ban our players from social media during the year?***

Jan 3, 2019, 2:55 PM [ in reply to dont we ban our players from social media during the year?*** ]

No. It's a self imposed ban. By concentrating on the job at hand and letting others do the chittering, they have achieved great things. Maybe there's a lesson for others in there somewhere.

It just means more***

Jan 3, 2019, 3:03 PM

Re: It just means more***

Jan 3, 2019, 3:58 PM

Yeah , More excuses .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 3, 2019, 7:20 PM

That’s exactly right, Dug.
UGA never belonged in the playoffs.
The narrative that they should be was more than hasty. It was odd...a mass hallucination or mass hysteria.
In this case it is beside the point, but if any team in the Sugar Bowl just mails it in, that’s just another sign of problems for more serious than lack of on-field achievement.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jan 3, 2019, 9:48 PM

Georgia had a nice year. They won the SEC East.
They had a couple of nice wins over Ky and Fl.
They might have been the best 3 loss team in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ugag fans are the best!!

Jan 3, 2019, 7:39 PM

I work in Savannah Ga and this week has been great. Every lousy, loud-mouthed fair-weathered one of them haven’t said a word nor worn their “Dawg” drabs. Speaking of, where are all those tool Jawga fans that like to post stupids on our board all season like, “Kirby gonna Kirby..” not calling any of them out or anything..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ugag fans are the best!!

Jan 3, 2019, 8:18 PM

That's the dumbest, most third level of the "stages of grief" horse manure I've ever read.

Georgia got beat by a better team who is coached by a better coach.

Good D1 athletes doesn't so much as kill time with Tetris and not want to win. If any player gave any vibe whatsoever of "I won't play to my potential because I wanted another arena", then Kirby Smart is not so smart for putting that on the field.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic