Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't know what to think about UNC but they have not been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,617

Don't know what to think about UNC but they have not been

Nov 16, 2015, 4:40 PM

tested to the extent we have. Looking at their schedule to date they have:

lost to USuC who is 3-7
beat Illinois who is 5-5
beat GT who is 3-7
beat Wake who is 3-7
beat UVA who is 3-7
beat Pitt who is 7-3 (ranked 23 at the time they played)
beat Duke who is 6-4
beat Miami who is 6-4
beat two FCS teams (NCAT (9-1) and Delaware (3-7))

Clemson has beat:
one FCS team (Wofford (4-6))
App State who is 8-2
Louisville who is 6-4
Notre Dame who is 9-1 (ranked 6 at the time we played)
GT who is 3-7
BC who is 3-7
Miami who is 6-4
NC State who is 6-4
FSU who is 8-2 (ranked 16 at the time we played)
Syracuse who is 3-7

So, UNC has only beaten 3 FBS teams with winning records (only 1 ranked team), beaten 3 FBS teams with losing records, beaten 1 FBS team with an even record, and lost to 1 FBS team with a losing record.

Compare that to Clemson who has beaten 6 FBS teams with winning records (2 of which were ranked) and beaten 3 FBS teams with losing records.

While I think UNC has played with a lot of spirit as of late, I'm not quite sure that they are the world beaters some would have me believe. Clemson has been battle tested in at least two big games of national importance (Notre Dame and FSU) and are more than prepared for the big stage. What big game has UNC played in to date? I just don't think UNC has been put through the fire and may get shell shocked should they face our Tigers in the ACC Championship Game.

What say you Tigernet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC hasn't played a defense as good as Clemson's either***

Nov 16, 2015, 4:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But, but, but ... our LBs***

Nov 16, 2015, 5:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You sound like a coot complaining that Clemson never plays

Nov 16, 2015, 4:44 PM

any real schools. You play who's on your schedule. Win by 1 or win by 50. A W is a W.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't know what to think about UNC but they have not been

Nov 16, 2015, 4:51 PM

According to Walt this afternoon UNC can hang with Clemson. He seems to think North Carolina is a big play offense and can exploit Clemson due to the fact the Clemson defense has been prone to giving up big plays lately. North Carolina does have talent. After this past weekend I am not taking any team for granted. Seems the key will be to run the ball and not try to get in a shootout with them. Hopefully UNC blows out Virgina Tech and NC State. Would make a Clemson win against them look that much better if they have a top 10 ranking.

Not concerned about falling out of top 4 at all...

Nov 16, 2015, 5:00 PM

Now if we lose that game- I think it's a long shot no matter where they are ranked, but if they are 4 or 5 by that point, maybe it doesn't matter. But that's crazy talk. Just win out and we are fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here my take on UNCheat....

Nov 16, 2015, 4:57 PM

Almost identical to NCST, but with a bigger back. I think their D will be about the same too with a couple more twists if I had to guess. Maybe some gut-X and some more blitzes, but basically the same as the wolf-pups. I also think their QB can run north-south better than the NCST QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here my take on UNCheat....

Nov 16, 2015, 5:23 PM

The last time we played UNC they loaded the box and dared Watson to beat them. Watson threw for over 400 yards and 6 TD's. If I were to guess they will go the opposite route and try and see if they limit the pass and make Clemson beat them with their legs. They believe they will be able to score on us and will try and make us play from behind.

It will be interesting to see what they do against VT and NCSU in the coming weeks. I think NCSU is pretty even with UNC and could very well beat them. Should the fighting Beamers win pull the upset, NCSU will make it their mission not to allow UNC in the Championship game.

No doubt I think we are a better team than UNC

Nov 16, 2015, 8:26 PM

But there's something to be said for a team that's hot. And our defense is struggling little bit. If the defense gets shored up we win by two TDs. If we still are going to give up 50 yard draw plays up the middle or 100 yard kickoff returns than who knows,?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,617
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic