Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecocks Overcome Mistakes, Edge Tigers 31-28
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Nov 25, 2006, 4:39 PM

Jad Dean's game-tying field goal attempt from 39 yards out sails wide left with 13 seconds left in the game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecocks Overcome Mistakes, Edge Tigers 31-28

Nov 25, 2006, 5:14 PM

I think the game was fixed, because there were several flags
on sc that was not called. Maybe Jad dean did miss the field goal, I didn't say he was smart. If we had our officials with us we would have won too. But that's ok we can still hold our heads high because you can't keep a good tiger down.

Please don't talk that crap! You sound like a coot! ACC

Nov 25, 2006, 8:35 PM

officials would not have made any difference. Remember, they typically don't do Clemson any favors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Please don't talk that crap! You sound like a coot! AC

Nov 25, 2006, 10:39 PM

FIRST OFF DON'T CALL ME A COOT!!!!! you don't like what said your problem not mine i hardley post on here because most you jack a@@@@@ all you think about we lose fire the coach and i have been home and watched the game and there were bad calls!!!!!

There are bad calls in every game.

Nov 26, 2006, 9:59 AM

There are bad calls in every game. They're just part of the game. Give USC credit. They are much improved, and they made plays yesterday. They took our mistakes and made us pay. Good teams do that.

In no way was this game fixed. It was a punch you, punch me competitive ballgame. I hate that we lost to those guys. Thank goodness it doesn't happen often.

Just a thought

Nov 26, 2006, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Overcome Mistakes, Edge Tigers 31-28 ]

Fixed, do not think so. Bad calls, yes. I only saw 2 crucial missed calls, fumble that was not reviewable bc the line judged whistled the play dead and the shooty spot on the 4th and foot which USC did not get the first but was given the first (CHALLENGE that call TB).As blame the refs, Dean. By no means a ole Coot, You are a dieheart, blood running tiger faihtful. This was uncalled for slang term. You and us all are looking for what went wrong these last 3 out of 4 games. We all are looking for answers to an high powered O went south and a steller D went poor. Yesturday we got out played, out coached and they (USC) wanted more. Give then credit.

For the last serveral years CU would have early season swoones, where we go through a 3 or game bad streat. This year happened to be at the end of a very promising season. Once a 7-1 team, ranked 10th to a 8-4, exit the top 25.

Then there was one. Out of the 3 starting lb's. At the end of the season one remained. Who thought? Along with serveral other key season ending injuries, this was key in CU fall.

Where is James Davis? From potential heisman, walker, to TD recording breaking, rushing record what has happened? He has done little to nothing. Reggie had less carries and more yards the JD did. Would the aliens that abducting JD return him, WE, CU NEEDS HIM!

Fire TB, RS, VK, and etc.... NO! We sang their praises at 7-1, they are the same coaches thenas now.

Here is where James Davis was...

Nov 26, 2006, 3:15 PM

While Davis wasn't having a career day, did you happen to see him make a touchdown-saving, fumble-causing, full sprint, ball-stripping, last-second tackle on a play that looked hopeless? Did you happen to notice that his teammate CJ Spiller was hot, and having a career day? Davis apparently has a lot of heart, no quit in him, and a great level attitude off the field. I'm looking forward to seeing him in our bowl game, and the next two years as well.

Re: Here is where James Davis was...

Nov 26, 2006, 4:41 PM

Absolutley, I have not said he's quite. But where has been that explosive runner for the last 3 games. I was wondering, is he hurt, sick or what. I did not question his motivation but his physical state. I hope he stays 2 more years. He is a great back and will break records at CU and be a top pick. But is he healthy????
Davis Fan For Life

#####, enjoy your once in a while win over us...

Nov 25, 2006, 9:50 PM

going for it from your own 39? Ridiculous, and the mark of a juvenile, desperate coach.

Nov 26, 2006, 11:12 AM

"We both played well today, they just had one play better than us."
"We ran the ball (down the stretch) because we didn't want to throw and have a turnover,"

It is comments like this that cause me great concern and heartburn about TB. One play better my ###. They made plays all day and we didn't.

As to Spurrier's decision to go for it on 4th and 2 from our 39, it was a bad decision, but it was made based on his confidence in his offense, and his show of confidence paid off big time as the game went on. There is a lesson here for TB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If your ##### had lost, you'd sing a different tune...

Nov 26, 2006, 2:52 PM

I think it's fairly obvious that Steve Superior has confidence in his offense. Who cares? Will the Old Ball Sack's ego cause his team to win more close games next year?(no) Will Carolina win a bowl game this year because their coach is intimidating?(no) Ball Sack and his Lamecocks haven't won anything yet, aside from the gift Clemson gave you. The entire buzz in Columbia this past week indicated that Carolina fans thought Clemson did not have a good team. And I'll say it again, going for it from your own 39 in that situation is perhaps the most arrogant, childish, foolish call in football I've ever seen.

Nov 27, 2006, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Gamecocks Overcome Mistakes, Edge Tigers 31-28 ]

I couldn't agree more!

TB seems to have the mindset that with the "parity" of the league, he mentally prepares his team for close games every week. Great coaches prepare teams to dominate. It was obvious in the closing seconds of the game that Tommy plays to tie, not win. You can't teach kids to "barely get by." You have to teach them to strive for greatness! Not parity. It's degrading and detrimental to this team and program. I'm not saying he should go. But he needs to shoot for higher expectations and results!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Nov 27, 2006, 9:27 AM

I agree, either we blow a team away or just don't get by the teams that we should beat. (BC, MARY, USC) Which we were favored on all three.

Anybody knows why Reggie was not in on that final series, he was highly motivated and ran the ball very well?

Nov 27, 2006, 11:46 AM

I, too, would like to know why Reggie was pulled in favor of JD. I am a huge JD fan, but he has been completely ineffective for the last 4 games, for whatever reason. Reggie came in with the fire and determination that we were lacking all day, picks up good yardage, wants the ball, then gets yanked. I gotta believe that Reggie would have found a way to get the ball in the end zone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reggie

Nov 27, 2006, 1:53 PM

VIEW

http://www.shoelessworks.com/films/reggiem.wmv

Re: Reggie

Nov 27, 2006, 2:34 PM

Thanks for the spot on Reggie. I was at the game so I had not heard the TV comments, but I certainly agree. There was nothing going to stop Reggie. Major coaching blunder.

Dan Scott the one sided spin doctor - typical journalists

Nov 27, 2006, 9:41 AM

First of all I like Dan Sott and enjoy listening to him and he is generally very fair.

The Gamecocks played very well. Probably their best game of the year. So I could have titled his article ... "Gamecock play best game and edge Tigers".

Even Spurrier said they played very well and that Blake got a game ball and that he only had one ill-advised throw. So where are all the mistakes to which he is referring? If Clemson made good plays are those USC mistakes? If Clemson deflects a pass and intercepts it is that a mistake by USC?

Why not talk about several fumbles by Clemson (lost or not that cost Clemson)? Those are mistakes? Talk about dropped passes and pitches by Clemson. Those are mistakes. Talked about missed field goal. Is that a mistake? Talk about poor spotting of a critical fourth down play that gives USC the first down that leads to a score. Is that a mistake?

USC played well and earned a win, but don't spin it about USC's mistakes. If you want to put mistakes in the article's title put "USC edges Clemson win as Tigers can't overcome their mistakes"

Minor and picky maybe, but much more accurate.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic