Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is my concern about our QB situation (long)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Here is my concern about our QB situation (long)

Apr 19, 2018, 11:32 AM

To start with I believe KB is very talented and I appreciate all that he has done, but the offense has to be designed around his style of play. It’s a very limited style too and as we all know a good defense knew what was coming next before KB did.

Our Wide receivers are not taken advantage of at all with this type of play calling either and when they do get an attempt it seems to be so poorly thrown it puts them in danger (remember the shot Higgins took attempting to catch a poorly thrown ball?)

I just hope that our coaches will have the good sense to have TL in the mix early in the season and the ability to flip to a fast pace pro style offense on a dime when (not if) KB goes to multiple 3 and outs at T&M and overthrows our receivers. If that is the case then fine, start KB and let this thing play out and I will have no concern at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the defense knew what kb was doing before kb

Apr 19, 2018, 11:39 AM

How did clemson win 11 games, the acc title, and make it to the playoffs?

How do you know what KB'S style is?

Why do you think clemson's coaches have bad sense?

Why do you automaticlly kick Hunter to the curb in game2?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: If the defense knew what kb was doing before kb

Apr 19, 2018, 12:14 PM

KB 2107 Stats for 75% of the Season

KB 200 yards or less passing games:

181 yards 0 TD 0 int
140 yards 0 TD 2 int
186 yards 1 TD 0 int
200 yards 1 TD 1 int
116 yards 0 TD 0 int
191 yards 1 TD 1 int
151 yards 0 TD 0 int
124 yards 0 TD 2 int

He threw for 3 TD and 6 int over the course of 8 games last year. He is the reason why we couldn’t beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl. They kept a spy on him to keep him from running and forced him to win with his arm and he could not produce.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

None of those stats answer any of my questions.

Apr 19, 2018, 12:31 PM

But ill wander off topic with you. Do you honestly believe 1 person can beat 22? That 1 person can win or lose a game?

Watson also lost to bama the 1st time they played. I don't want to look back to your old posts, but were you saying watson should be benched and KB, tucker should be the QB in 2016?

I don't know what game you watched, but bama didn't need a spy on the qb vs clemson in 2018. Their front 5 was enough with well timed blitzes.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: None of those stats answer any of my questions.

Apr 19, 2018, 12:39 PM

Watson lost a close game, and it was a great Bama squad going up against us. Watson wasn't 3TD and 6 Interceptions in the course of 8 games during regular season either. Watson could complete a forward pass to an open receiver. KB not so much.

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller

"KB not so much"

Apr 19, 2018, 12:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=EoyDgsiQpsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlTs07h5GZE

https://sports.yahoo.com/clemsons-kelly-bryant-1st-td-190805586.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "KB not so much"

Apr 19, 2018, 1:03 PM

Again, 3 TD Passes and 6 INTs over the course of 8 games last season. He threw for less than 200 yards during 8 games. That is anemic for a QB at Clemson.

~Chesty Puller

I was only replying to the assertion that KB struggles

Apr 19, 2018, 1:15 PM

to complete a forward pass. Of those 8 games, 5 were against top 36 pass defenses. In another, he was injured late as the defense wore down. The next week, he started hurt and had to leave the game.

Raw stats don't tell the whole story.

Because of OUR defense, genius

Apr 19, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to If the defense knew what kb was doing before kb ]

And the fact that we out-talent essentially everyone on our schedule.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because of OUR defense, genius

Apr 19, 2018, 12:32 PM

Why take a chance? Put the best guy in that gives us the best chance to win. That would be TL, not KB.

~Chesty Puller

Well that is good news,

Apr 19, 2018, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Because of OUR defense, genius ]

Clemson still has a good defense and talent. Guess they don't need to change anything.

Re: Because of OUR defense, genius

Apr 19, 2018, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Because of OUR defense, genius ]

PioneerG said:

And the fact that we out-talent essentially everyone on our schedule.

So are you suggesting that we play KB all season long against weaker opponents and put TL in the game during the playoffs when he has no experience and hope for the best? It's better to get the young man some experience if we are going to rely on him to win the Championship for us. You place a spy on KB, and cover the receivers in basic man coverage and you shut down KB instantly.

~Chesty Puller

NO

Apr 20, 2018, 8:20 AM

No, my argument is against KB not for him.

Re: If the defense knew what kb was doing before kb

Apr 20, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to If the defense knew what kb was doing before kb ]

FSU lost their quarterback in game 1, team quit on their coach, and they became a 2-6 team instead of their normal selves... That's one way how.

Too Long Did Not Read

Apr 19, 2018, 11:45 AM

TIA in advance

Re: Here is my concern about our QB situation (long)

Apr 19, 2018, 11:53 AM

For the most part, I agree with you. But KB did throw some passes in the 'Bama game that were dropped. And on the pick six, Cain was outfought for the ball. However, the growing evidence certainly seems to indicate that KB is not the type of dynamic passer Clemson needs in a spread offense. Either he improves or someone else gets the nod. Plain and simple.

Re: Here is my concern about our QB situation (long)

Apr 19, 2018, 1:37 PM

So KB belongs in this discussion and HJ does not?

Long?

Apr 19, 2018, 11:56 AM

I'm glad we don't have the same definition of the word "long"

;)

I can see that point of view (OP) and I believe our coaches know

Apr 19, 2018, 12:09 PM

How to best handle it. It is fun to talk about and consider. It is a very exciting time to be a Tiger fan!

I'm just gonna wait for Frances Marion to tell us...

Apr 19, 2018, 1:39 PM

in February.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic