Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here is interesting twist on Cornell Powell...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Here is interesting twist on Cornell Powell...

Mar 5, 2019, 11:11 AM

What if a Clemson football player wore a Gamecock shirt to a Clemson-SC basketball game because he was a Gamecock basketball fan?

This will be good. Getting the popcorn out...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is interesting twist on Cornell Powell...

Mar 5, 2019, 11:18 AM

Women's basketball?

Mar 5, 2019, 11:57 AM

Yeah, shame on these young people for having freedom and enjoying themselves without
their character being questioned by fickle fans...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting trip - COMPLETELY different story - but nice try

Mar 5, 2019, 11:59 AM

but not really

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

a recruiting trip picture?

Mar 5, 2019, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Here is interesting twist on Cornell Powell... ]

Really?

Mar 5, 2019, 12:10 PM

What if the coots won three natties instead of us....

What if I won the $1.5B powerball...

What if TigerNet didn’t give up on our own?

The young man grew up a Carolina fan. I grew up a Kentucky basketball fan. I have a UK T-shirt that I wear occasionally. I promise you I am still as much of a Clemson fan as you are. I also guarantee CP has brought more attention to the University than most of us ever will through his hard work and dedication to the football program and being part of two national championship teams.

Mar 5, 2019, 12:30 PM

As long as he put in 110% to the football program then what does it matter? Would I like that he was a fan of them and wore their shirt? No I wouldn't like it, and I didn't like him wearing the UNC shirt, but I also didn't lose any sleep over it.

At the end of the day he didn't hurt anyone. Him wearing the shirt had zero impact on the outcome of the game or any future game. It's ok to not like him wearing it, but anyone still complaining about it, and/or wanting him off the football team is WAY overreacting IMO. The guy should have the right to pull for whoever he wants as long as he's doing what he's supposed to do with football.

Mar 5, 2019, 12:38 PM

I have a friend whose dad is a huge Duke basketball fan. His dad doesn't really watch much college football, but he grew up watching Duke basketball games with his dad so he has always pulled for them in basketball. My friend ended up going to Clemson and is as huge of a Clemson fan as you'll find in all sports except when Clemson plays Duke in basketball.

I personally don't call him any less of a Clemson fan because of this, especially considering the difference in basketball history between the two programs. It's not like was a bandwagon fan for Duke in basketball since that's what he grew up on.

Mar 5, 2019, 1:10 PM

Better scenario...

What if a life long Clemson fan came in playing for another team and had trouble with not singing the alma mater song while on the sidelines...but wait, that's a story people would be happy about if it happened...if only it happened:
https://www.tigernet.com/story/Duke-player-who-grew-up-a-Clemson-fan-looking-forward-to-Death-Valley-trip-17440

What if a UNCheat player actually went to class ?

Mar 5, 2019, 1:42 PM

Who are we kidding ? It will never happen.

Mar 5, 2019, 1:48 PM

What if CP wore his UNC jersey to watch TL’s intramural squad play basketball? Would we have more youtube/instragram videos to debate about both of their conducts?

Enough about all this nonsense!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic