Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here We Go.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,838

Here We Go.....

Feb 22, 2019, 2:00 PM

https://www.boston25news.com/news/mass-among-states-looking-to-ban-tackle-football-for-small-children/923994307

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here We Go.....

Feb 22, 2019, 2:19 PM

I can agree with that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2019, 2:28 PM

Hey, the coots are already doing that non tackle stuff.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Feb 22, 2019, 2:37 PM

Banning "tackling" at age 12 and under. OK, I kinda like it.

The age thing is going to be the kicker. 12yo Ehhhh, I can see that. Coordination and avoiding injury-prone behavior isn't great in the sub 13yo skill-set, where it transitions is interesting. I definitely see not having 5-8 year olds tackle as they just are not in control but big enough to injure, but 10+ might start developing.

The interesting thing is that it might actually help kids develop better skill-sets. You would not have the "give it to the biggest-athletic kid and run" style aka what I can the "Cam & Gun-it" style. But now coaches would rather focus more on speed, positioning, and coordinated effort happening at younger ages.

Feb 22, 2019, 4:22 PM

Maybe my dad was before his time, but he wouldn't allow me to play tackle until I was 13...over 25 years ago. He was a player himself into college. He didn't start until high school b/c they didn't have leagues for under 10 back then. And, yes, I think it would be better development of skills overall given my first year of playing, they put an obvious lineman in the backfield to run over people all year...neglecting someone more appropriate.

Feb 22, 2019, 11:33 PM

Good idea, especially as research is showing it's the cumlative repetitive collisions, including practice drills.

Then again will they do what we did at that age, play tackle, no pads and no supervision. I suffered two concussions doing it, and a kid I went to school with broke his neck (full recovery). It's a wonder more of us didn't suffer life altering injuries.

Feb 23, 2019, 6:18 AM

Good

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,838
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic