Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here We Go!!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 140
| visibility 1

Here We Go!!!!!!

Sep 5, 2017, 12:43 PM

I'm pumped!!!! Looking forward to it! I think me and my friends are going to aim to be there before noon.

I know I've asked before, but give me a couple of recommendations for Lunch on or around campus!
I'll try and find the last thread where I asked this, but since you know I'll be looking for Gameday Lunch .... give me your recs! I don't mind waiting a little while, we'll have 6-7 hours to kill.

After seeing both teams play meaningless games Sat, I think this game could go either way. Only a blow out either way would surprise me. I see where early money is on Auburn from the original 7 point spread ... down to 5.5 now. I think it will end around 4 - 4.5. I feel like it won't be more than a 10 point victory for one of the Tigers.

Spoke to one of our Insiders on Friday night. He said get ready to be "Frustrated" tomorrow. When asked why he said ... "You'll think Gus is calling the plays ... they're saving 95% of their offense for next week". Went on to say that even the OL pass pros were from last year.

Stidham is known for his accuracy and his long ball. We only threw 2 long balls. One was a TD and the other was dropped in perfectly to Slayton, but the DB grabbed one of his hands (no call) and missed it after attempting a one handed grab near the chest.

Bryant surprised me with his accuracy (although some of the WRs were not touched)
Our D surprised me (although we were playing GA SO)
Same for y'alls D .... Neither Kent State nor GA SO could throw the ball.

We gave up a sack fumble. What happened? Stidham checked from a Run to a pass .... Johnson didn't get the memo (as he looks confused as to why he didn't get the ball) Gus said on the checked play, Johnson should've blocked off the Left Tackle (which is where the unblocked player came from).

Stidham threw a pick? Great throw ... but check the ego ... He threw it perfectly to Hastings, but the DB had great coverage ... leaped in front/making an incredible play ... but maybe don't try to thread it when someone has excellent coverage.

Johnson's Hammy? I don't think he plays. They're so tight lipped ... but no way they risk losing him for Conf play. Should be back by week 4 imo.

Seems like we have lots of Strength vs strength matchups. Ya'lls receivers vs our CBs and S
our OL & Pettway vs ya'lls awesome DL and vise versa.

I honestly think both teams Ds are very good. Both offenses will be tested by actually resistance in the passing game and great DL that make it hard to run the ball.
I think we'll "Slow Down" each others run game and It will come down to the QBs ... turnovers ... least mistakes ... and kickers/STs.

We have the best Kicker in the country (two time runner up for Groza award) But he shanked two!
Made a 50 ydr that would've been good from 61 maybe 62 (was above the vertical poles as it crossed)
Then he missed a 53 ydr by a foot .... then shanked a 46 (missed by 5 feet). So it was uncharacteristic for him. Hopefully that doesn't stick with him.

I think we have the better kicker

sticking with Special Teams - Our punter will not allow a return (think we only had 1 return last year for like 10 yds) ... he kicks it high and about 35-40 to not allow a return. We never kick low boomers of 45+

I would say that we have the better QB.

So for my predication, IN MY OPINION I think we're better in the deciding factors. The other tangibles ... Turnovers and Home Field Advantage .... Obviously crowds can affect games but Turnovers definitely affect games. I'm going to go out on a limb and say if one team loses the turnover battle, they lose the game.

One thing that makes me nervous is our 3rd string (2nd for this game) RB Kam Martin. He turns the ball over. I'm sure y'alls coaches will be on the D that when they see Martin in ... go for the ball.
This worries me. I told the guy sitting next to me at Saturday's game .... This is the one that fumbles more times than you'd like. He fumbled a few series later.

Impact players not named Stidham Pettway?
#3 Nate Craig Myers WR ... he wasn't targeted once Saturday. That will change.
#11/#86 (Changed numbers last year) Kyle Davis WR best on the team.
I bet we throw the ball at least 30 times this game ... and run about 40 times.
Those 2 will be targeted quite a bit. Next in line is 81 Slaton & 33 Hastings (our little white dude)

I think we have success through the air which will open up things for Pettway.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we do not lose the turnover battle (here's to you Martin!)
and have a better showing than even most Auburn fans expect.

I've changed my prediction from last week a little due to the dominance of each Defense.

Auburn 27
Clemson 21

Come at me bro

I'll do my best to check back throughout the day
I'm a little backed up from the long weekend here at work.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here We Go!!!!!!

Sep 5, 2017, 12:46 PM

I'll be shocked if auburn scores more than 17 pts

Sep 5, 2017, 12:57 PM

I wont' be.

We scored 13 on a better D last year with the most awful game plan in the history of College football ... rotating 3 QBs every 2 plays and not playing Pettway AT ALL.

you were home***

Sep 5, 2017, 1:24 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you were home***

Sep 5, 2017, 3:36 PM

You realize home field advantage is worth 3 points,
Right?

Re: you were home***

Sep 5, 2017, 3:36 PM

In considering a betting line, yes, however, in terms of actual game play it is not.

One could also argue that the 3 points varies depending on who the home team actually is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

The better D?

That would be the one you will face THIS Saturday.

Sep 5, 2017, 3:41 PM

You have a slightly better DL
(Hard to say that ... we have more 5 & 4*s at DL than you do)

But we have the edge at LB & DB

Sep 5, 2017, 3:47 PM

All of our DL are 4 and 5 stars, lol.

Actually, our defense is made up of pretty much all 4 and 5 stars. Our d-line is just as good, if not better than last year. Our linebackers are more athletic, and our DBs are still just as good as well.

Not a lot of drop off from last year.

Sep 5, 2017, 4:02 PM

I'm going off recruiting numbers. One of you guys on here had the actual numbers.
Auburn has more 5 and 4 stars than Clemson .... Although not by much.

The unit rankings I was deferring to Phil Steele .... best in the business.

He had Clemson ranked #1 for DL beating Auburn who was around 7 or 8 in the country.
Our LB and DB units ranked higher than Clemson and were in the Top 10 as well.

You keep doing the same thing.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

You can't use what happened last year to guage what will happen this year even if the exact same players played the game. Your logic is flawed but I'm guessing you're young. I'm not bashing you or anything like that because I used to think the same way. 31 years of watching college football has taught me better. Enjoy your time in Clemson bro. Win or loose this should be one of the best games of the year. Go Clemson

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You keep doing the same thing.

Sep 5, 2017, 3:39 PM

I'm 36 & played college football.
You're right, last years game isn't the only criteria one should use ... & I'm not doing that... But last year is a measuring stick of sorts.

Sep 5, 2017, 5:25 PM

Ok. Then why do you keep bringing up stuff like "y'all only scored 19 last year." In that statement you suggest your D was better than Bama's last year correct? Or do you realize that early season games can be sluggish especially for the offense. Why do you assume our defense will be worse? I admit you have good reason to believe your O will be better but I can promise you last year's scores by either team will have absolutely no bearing on Saturday's outcome. All this to say we both know we have really talented teams and this will be a great game but you have some early season assumptions with almost nothing to base it off of. You're not alone in this. You look at the polls of the experts right now and look at them at the end of the year. The polls will be upside down. Again not trying bash you here as I have done what you're doing in the past but I will refrain from making bold and seemingly baseless assumptions. Again you're a good sport. Enjoy your time in Clemson.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

Sep 5, 2017, 7:46 PM

Holy Hell ... when did I ever say we had a better D than Bama????
No one has a better D than Bama ..... and only teams with ELITE QB usually have a chance (Newton, Watson, Manziel)

I realize last year doesn't guarantee scores .... but it's worth pointing out facts with talent from last year compared to this year. Look if y'all beat this Auburn team, make it to the playoffs again .... without a guy like Watson ....
you'll enter into Bama hype with the "Re Load Every year" tag.

Hold on with the "We've already made it back to back" posts. Do it without the best player in school history and you earn the "bamafit of the doubt"

Sep 5, 2017, 9:21 PM

And there we go again...."without Watson". You are not going to admit you were playing a sleepwalking Watson and Clemson O, are you? You have yourself convinced that you played the same version of him Alabama played...so that is where you are saying you think your D was beter than theirs....you "held" him to 17 points, Bama 35....so is that not what that is saying???

Since we're pointing out facts with talent, did you happen to notice Clemson did all that with that "best generational talent" (not arguing that he wasn't for Clemson)...and that exact "next generational talent" had a glaring flaw that did change some games, whether it be on him or partly receivers?

Clemson in the 2016 season sat at #109 of 128 in passes intercepted per game,
and 88 out of 128 in 2015??
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/interceptions-thrown-per-game?date=2017-01-10
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/interceptions-thrown-per-game?date=2016-01-11

Sep 6, 2017, 10:50 AM

Thanks Tigerman1978. He keeps bringing up "we held you to 19 points" to back his opinions. In essence he is saying their D was better than Bama's since we scored 35 on Bama and 19 on Auburn. I guess NC St had a better D too if I use that flawed logic.

Sep 6, 2017, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Re: You keep doing the same thing. ]

So you're saying Chad Machine Gun Kelly was an elite QB then? The same QB that lost to Memphis...right

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2017, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

How do you know its a better D last year? Big Dex having another year under his belt and playing next to Wilkins is a plus already, we already have a better cover corner than last year in T. Mullen. You still have a Big 12 QB, and we know what happens to them when they play a real defense.....ask Mayfield. It'll take some unrealistic and abnormal things happen for AU to score more than 21, maybe a ST's score or Defensive score, calls go their way, etc.....basically something the Coots would have to have to win a game like last week.

Anyhow, nothing wrong with your prediction since you have to predict AU to win. I see it more 27-17 Clemson

Sep 5, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

IN all honesty ... It could happen. If that were the case,
I'd go with

Auburn 17
Clemson 10

Sep 5, 2017, 1:05 PM

When was the last time clemson only scored 10 points? We score at least 3-4 TDs. We played like crap last year maybe one of our worst performances and scored 19 should have been a lot more. and it was on the road

Sep 5, 2017, 1:07 PM

Y'all had a decent QB last year ... what was his name?

Sep 5, 2017, 1:16 PM

QBs don't throw and catch their own passes. That is what the others are referring to; the drops we had. Hth

Sep 5, 2017, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

Also one of our worst performances in the last 5 years or more.
It works both ways.

Maybe your head coach

Sep 5, 2017, 8:29 PM

panics and becomes stupid under pressure.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 5, 2017, 11:24 AM

Don't worry about lunch. You'll be wanting to throw-up midway through the first quarter

Sep 5, 2017, 12:56 PM

You gonna be here Sunday when I come back?

you won't be back guy***

Sep 5, 2017, 1:25 PM

Re: you won't be back guy***

Sep 5, 2017, 4:03 PM

I'll be back guy

TL;DR***

Sep 5, 2017, 12:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: TL;DR***

Sep 5, 2017, 12:56 PM

WUT?

Sorry, I said...

Sep 5, 2017, 1:01 PM

TL;DR.

HTH that helps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I see your 'TL;DR' and raise you one ';DC'***

Sep 6, 2017, 10:56 AM [ in reply to TL;DR*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 5, 2017, 12:49 PM

I reformatted your text so it's easier to read:

LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Sep 5, 2017, 12:58 PM

How long did it take you to do that?

Sep 5, 2017, 12:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaCz_SFrTaU&t=4s

Sep 5, 2017, 12:59 PM

You should've gone with the original version.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:02 PM

Got tired of looking for one without ads.

Let me simplify it for you...

Sep 5, 2017, 1:00 PM

There are several reasons why Auburn has lost three in-a-row to Clemson.

Saturday will be four in-a-row.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Let me simplify it for you...

Sep 5, 2017, 1:02 PM

Indeed, and should be 5. We had em in their Natty year.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Let me simplify it for you... ]

Let me think:

2016 - Worst Gameplan/Sat best player (Pettway)/QB rotation ... still throwning in the endzone for a chance to win.

2012 - The year we went 5-7 and fired our coach. Congrats?

2011 - year after Cam Newton, Nick Fairley and 33 Srs graduated ... stared a 3 Star QB ....

2017 ????? Looks nothing like your last 3 wins ^^^

Sep 5, 2017, 1:18 PM

you will lose and it won't be fun - if stidham makes it through game it will be a miracle

oh - and nobody gives a ####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Sep 5, 2017, 7:47 PM

I giggled .... & you cared enough to post :)

Sep 5, 2017, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me simplify it for you... ]

I'll go further. Heck, Bowden even almost beat AU in the 2007 Peach Bowl in our meeting pre Cam.

We should have beaten them in 2010, as well.***

Sep 5, 2017, 4:25 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me simplify it for you... ]

Are we doing the almost thing?

Put me down for Auburn almost won

Sep 5, 2017, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me simplify it for you... ]

You notice the similarity? You always have some excuse...and Clemson still won, even though the excuse changed each year for Auburn and the team changed each year for Clemson.

Did you also forget 2010...where Clemson was the only team to take Cam Newton to OT...with Kyle Parker as the QB, not Tajh Boyd?? Need to put in your excuse there why Clemson was one kick away from double OT against the eventual National Champions.

What will be your excuse after Saturday's loss?***

Sep 6, 2017, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Let me simplify it for you... ]

Sep 5, 2017, 1:00 PM

Well you sure laid out a lot of facts but you conveniently left one out. Clemson is a far superior team in talent, has a far better record than Auburn in the last 4-5 years, your QB will spend the nite on his backside as he has never played against a quality defense. The Big 12 just might be the worst defensive league in the country.Furthermore, you DC can't coach against an option like QB and that is exactly what we have. Result is the Clemson Tigers will take the pretenders out behind the barn and end up beating them 35-10. Now, I've been patient waiting to hear if you care to put some your money up or are you a little timid when it comes to those matters?
After you get a whipping I sure hope you're back on Tiger net to explain exactly how you were off by such a wide margin and exactly what the excuses are.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:10 PM

Actually Jim ...... Over the last 5 years we've out recruited you

lets not take our words for it .... how about the people that get paid to do it ...

AU Ranked # 7
Clemson # 11

by Rivals.com

Sep 5, 2017, 1:31 PM

So you are admitting that our coaches are better at developing players and game planning, with rankings via a recruiting services evalution. Nice.

Sep 5, 2017, 7:52 PM

If you've read my many posts

I've said that both of our offenses are extremely QB dependent.

You've had the best player in your program for the last 3 years ....

So far the only AU Clemson matchup of Gus vs Dabo is 1-0 in a narrow escape with Watson and a musical chair performance at our QB position.

This year, we have the 5 star ... we'll see if I'm right

Sep 5, 2017, 8:15 PM

"And now we have the 5 star" ^_^ And now we see how you didn't do your research...

So you think Clemson can't beat you with a 4 star, regardless?

http://247sports.com/player/deshaun-watson-13254

Sep 5, 2017, 8:25 PM

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2015/kelly-bryant-12240
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/171043/kelly-bryant

^ Guess who else has the same stars Watson did....who beat out the 5 star Clemson has. You aren't the only team with a 5 star.

http://247sports.com/Player/Hunter-Johnson-32003
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/hunter-johnson-1110

As I have mentioned before...

Sep 5, 2017, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

It's funny how that "superior recruiting" has worked out for you lately, compared to us...

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21977172#21977172

Re: As I have mentioned before...

Sep 5, 2017, 8:00 PM

Wish we played in the ACC ;)

Re: As I have mentioned before...

Sep 6, 2017, 11:04 AM

The ACC that has mopped the floor with the SEC competition for the past 3 years in head-to-head matchups?

Sep 5, 2017, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

Seems strange that you would need transfer players i.e. Cam and now Stidham. More like the NFL...well it AU is known as one of the compensation type programs.

And we've outdeveloped, outcoached and outplayed you.***

Sep 5, 2017, 4:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2017, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

So you're saying your coaches suck and can't develop talent like our Clemson coaches can? Asking for a friend...

Sep 5, 2017, 1:01 PM

Well you sure laid out a lot of facts but you conveniently left one out. Clemson is a far superior team in talent, has a far better record than Auburn in the last 4-5 years, your QB will spend the nite on his backside as he has never played against a quality defense. The Big 12 just might be the worst defensive league in the country.Furthermore, you DC can't coach against an option like QB and that is exactly what we have. Result is the Clemson Tigers will take the pretenders out behind the barn and end up beating them 35-10. Now, I've been patient waiting to hear if you care to put some your money up or are you a little timid when it comes to those matters?
After you get a whipping I sure hope you're back on Tiger net to explain exactly how you were off by such a wide margin and exactly what the excuses are.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:13 PM

Hey, Internet Tough guy .... I don't know you ....

Plus
I have a grand on AU with my guy ... got in on AU at +7

SO, yeah, I'm confident .... just not stupid enough to bet twice.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:36 PM

So you say, and you took 7 points, supposedly.

I think you aren't ready to lose the game as a fan and the money as the gambler. That is the double loss you aren't willing to take.

we've lost 2 games in 2 years by 6 pounts total

Sep 5, 2017, 1:04 PM

Nobody is blowing us out. This is just another game for us. Congrats on another 7 or 8 win season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we've lost 2 games in 2 years by 6 pounts total

Sep 5, 2017, 1:14 PM

You didn't happen to have a once in a generation type of player at QB did you?

I love the "We did this the last 3 years"

We would've had at least 2 NC with Newton had he stayed more than one year.
Hell, we were 13 seconds away from winning the NC in 13 with a CB playing QB.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:37 PM

I doubt that. Remember Gus left, too.

Sep 5, 2017, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: we've lost 2 games in 2 years by 6 pounts total ]

And we were one illegal snap penalty on a kick from double OT and a chance to take it away from you in 2010...guess you forgot that??

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Clemson-at-Auburn-in-2010-The-Night-the-Headsets-Went-Out-on-the-Plains-14926
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2010-09-18-auburn-clemson_N.htm

Sep 5, 2017, 4:11 PM

And we were a couple of decisions (Playing White every snap and actually PLAYING Pettway)
from beating you last year and you not even making it to the playoffs with a loss to Pitt.

We can do this all day

Sep 5, 2017, 4:15 PM

Not really...why does it seem like you actually think you played the same focused Clemson that Alabama did last year?? Please tell me you don't actually think that, considering the rest of the country talked all season about how Clemson was sleepwalking. Did you miss that narrative??

Last year's game, your offense was all over the place...guess what, so was ours. That game was strickly a defensive game for the most part, and Clemson's won out.

Sep 5, 2017, 4:21 PM

Here, let me help you with the narrative you are missing entirely (a narrative that like your team doesn't seem to exist after either opener this year):

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/20/clemson-tigers-college-football-playoff

"What’s better than a team with a playoff pedigree, a deep and disruptive defensive front, a savvy two-time Heisman Trophy finalist at quarterback and abundant skill-position threats? That same package of talent and experience when it's motivated and ticked off. This is Clemson in 2016, a club that sometimes drifted in the early part of the season and squeezed out five one-score victories before its high-wire act caught up with it. When Pittsburgh upset the Tigers 43–42 on Nov. 12—in Death Valley, of all places—the defeat didn't put their title hopes to bed as much as it awakened them. "Prosperity is a terrible teacher," coach Dabo Swinney said a couple of days afterward. His team seemingly learned something anyway, following the defeat with two straight wins by more than 20 points before building a three-touchdown lead against Virginia Tech and holding on to win the ACC championship game 42–35. Beware, College Football Playoff participants. Clemson sleepwalks no more."

Sep 5, 2017, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Re: we've lost 2 games in 2 years by 6 pounts total ]

It wasn't that our O was all over the place. We didn't have our O in tact.
With White (who played well enough to beat you in spite of playing 1/3 of the snaps) and Pettway out
(See UGA Game) .... we were a different ball club.

Sep 5, 2017, 6:45 PM

same thing..QB roundyround...all over the place. Is having issues figuring out what QB to play not being all over the place?? Again, I challenge you to try being blunt....try saying you faced the same focused Clemson offense Alabama did. I'll wait on the response, or lack thereof.

Let's lay it out a bit better. Auburn faced Alabama, only 2 games before we did. They scored 12 points total on Bama's defense not playing QB roundyround...13 on Clemson's while doing it. BUT, Clemson scored 35 on that same Bama a month and a few weeks later...14 by qtr 3 end, 21 in one quarter alone. Auburn's D held Bama to 30 points, Clemson's held them to 31...so that's a complete wash.

See the glaring difference that wasn't there in the Clemson/AU game, where Clemson only scored 17? You are kidding yourself if you think you weren't playing a sleepwalking Clemson offense last year. The proof is there.

Sep 5, 2017, 6:53 PM

or are you trying to say that with Pettaway and White in, you'd have been able to do what Bama couldn't if you get them, and we play you in our season end form when the sleepwalk stopped?? I mean, why do you only get to change something in your scenario. Please, I really want to post this on a Bama site and watch you get laughed off it.

What makes you so sure that playing White every snap

Sep 5, 2017, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: we've lost 2 games in 2 years by 6 pounts total ]

would have lead you to a win?

How do you know we would have ended up losing to Pitt had we lost to Auburn?

You are just spewing crap at this point

Re: What makes you so sure that playing White every snap

Sep 5, 2017, 5:49 PM

just dishin it right back at ya.

Sep 5, 2017, 6:31 PM

sooooo creating hypothetical scenarios that aren't even relevant at this point is "dishing it right back us?"

Ouch, that hurts

Maybe White didn't play the whole game because he was equally as incompetent as your other 2 incompetent QBs?

Sep 5, 2017, 7:28 PM

Nah, he's just playing the one sided blind hypothesis...."we get our QB and RB (who both were in the game) in the form of them being utilized at their better form in the season"..."You don't get the non-sleepwalking version that gave SCar the worst beating by an ACC to an SEC team in NCAA history, 31-0'd OH State, and beat Bama for the title...that wouldn't be fair". ^_^

Sep 5, 2017, 7:34 PM

And before he tries saying "Pettway wasn't in the game", he better check that depth chart...he wasn't NOT available...Hind sight is 20/20, he could have played, thus was available on the sidelines as a player of the game.

Not Clemson's fault they didn't play him, and there wasn't an injury that kept him missing. So they could have went with Pettway, could have went with White only...but they didn't.
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/08/auburn_releases_2016_depth_cha.html

Sep 5, 2017, 8:02 PM

Oh he was available .... the coaches just went all in on Johnson.

That's what I meant with the COACH's WORST GAME PLAN ever.

Never said he wasn't available, just that he didn't carry the ball once.

Sep 5, 2017, 8:28 PM

So you are saying you weren't playing at your top level...like the whole nation says about Clemson's early season in it's entirety, right? So to make it fair, your top level vs ours, you think you'd have won, where Bama didn't?? I rest my case.

LOL

Sep 5, 2017, 1:06 PM

He likes both Teams D.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: LOL

Sep 5, 2017, 1:39 PM

Probably is all about Big D in the Pros.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:14 PM

Gameday lunch I'd suggest Esso for the "classic Clemson" atmosphere. It's probably the most famous restaurant in the area. I was told that War Eagle Supper Club is Auburn's version of the Esso Club essentially, in terms of food and what not but I didn't get to try that place when I was in Auburn last year so I can't attest.

Definitely try Smokin' Pig in Pendleton on your way in or out of town if you're staying a while (They're open Thurs-Sat) but I wouldn't even bother trying to eat there on a game day.

Underrated food all throughout downtown CLemson. I think Loose Change has the best bar food in the downtown area and Wingin' It is never a bad place to eat because they have TVs everywhere so you can see College Gameday/noon kickoff games with ease if you aren't doing any serious tailgating.

The food and drinks are cheap no matter where you go so you won't have any complaints wherever you end up.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:15 PM

ehhh .... Supper Club wasn't great .... it was more of a bar ... not known for food.
It actually closed down last year!

Esso Might've been where we ate dinner back in 2011.

Thanks Man! I appreciate the rec!

Best kicker??? That's OK because we won't be

Sep 5, 2017, 1:15 PM

kicking except for PAT's. TD's all the way.

Message was edited by: clover65®

Re: Bst kicker??? That's OK because we won't be

Love the confidence!!!
As misplaced as it is!

;)

Re: Bst kicker??? That's OK because we won't be

Sep 5, 2017, 1:45 PM

Misplaced...we are the National Champs

Smh

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a long write up and I have to say that you're

high, because we bout to whoopdatass Saturday. I think Clemson wins by 40.

Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That's a long write up and I have to say that you're

Sep 5, 2017, 1:17 PM

DAYYYYYUMMMMM!!!!

I'll give you $20,000 if Clemson wins by more than 2 TDs

Take a check?

I hereby accept your offer to give me

Sep 5, 2017, 1:18 PM

$20,000 if Clemson wins by more than 14 points. This is now an official contract.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

its absolutely official

Sep 5, 2017, 1:21 PM

she's an au fan so you'll probably get paid in the form of food stamps or vouchers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Might be a welsher...Like York***

Sep 5, 2017, 1:23 PM [ in reply to I hereby accept your offer to give me ]

Re: I hereby accept your offer to give me

Sep 5, 2017, 1:34 PM [ in reply to I hereby accept your offer to give me ]

Actually, GWP Clemson only has to win by 12 points. Technically the extra point is not considered part of a touch down since it is a separate scoring event. So I hereby witness the execution of this contract.

#ALLIN
#WE2DEEP

GO TIGERS!

Yes, that is correct, thank you for pointing out my error***

Sep 5, 2017, 1:35 PM

That is some crackerjack lawyering***

Sep 5, 2017, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I hereby accept your offer to give me ]

Re: That is some crackerjack lawyering***

Sep 5, 2017, 2:16 PM

I do what I can . After years of listening to cootlogic , crackerjack lawyering against an Auburn fan is pro bono.

Can I get in on this too?***

Sep 5, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to I hereby accept your offer to give me ]

No***

Sep 5, 2017, 3:50 PM

OK ... now I'm paying attention***

Sep 5, 2017, 9:13 PM [ in reply to I hereby accept your offer to give me ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be careful GWP

Sep 5, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to That's a long write up and I have to say that you're ]

He said himself in his TL;DR post that he likes the D from both teams!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Be careful GWP

Sep 5, 2017, 4:13 PM

Everyone needs a great D!

Our Fullback Cox is also a great player. Can really penetrate deep ....open up wholes for the guys behind him!

;)

Re: Be careful GWP

Sep 5, 2017, 5:31 PM

It sounds like you have first hand experience with USuC #### drill. Maybe this is a viral illness in the SEC. Make sure your shots are up to date!

Lemme guess...

Sep 5, 2017, 1:20 PM

You also had Auburn beating Clemson, A&M, Georgia, Alabama and Oklahoma last year too, right?

I agree with you on 1 thing... I'm sure Auburn didn't open the playbook up at all, nor did we. You best believe that you saw nothing from Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott and arsenal or WR's and RB's. I am not here to say that Clemson is going to dominate or that they are far superior team. In terms of recruiting, y'all hold a slight edge. However, in terms of developing talent and getting the most out of them, Clemson certainly holds the edge and we are literally 2 or 3 deep at every position but DE.. which, is surprising for us. Auburn is no doubt a talented and viable opponent and I think Auburn will have a very successful season. But if you think Stidham is not going to be running for his life and be pressured all night you are mistaken. We are better on the front four than we were last year because we returned all 4 starters and they have a whole year more of game experience now. We pretty much lived in your backfield last year and that will be the case at home with the crowd behind them. Stidham is good, as is Pettway, but when you don't have time and or the running lanes are clogged, it's tough. Best of luck to you after this game, but the home Tigers take care of business win by 10+ and the away Tigers are held to less than 20 points.

Hopefully you come back to the boards on Sunday....

Re: Lemme guess...

Sep 5, 2017, 4:16 PM

No ... I didn't bet last year.

I had us losing to Clemson with Watson/Gallman/Williams etc.

I had us losing @ Bama

But yes, I did have us beating aTm .... and the UGA game was the worst loss in 10 years.
We were a 14 point fav and we trotted out a QB with a bum shoulder. He threw a pic six because
he couldn't throw the ball more than 15 yds ... that was the only TD UGA had.
We would've beat them by 3 TDs with a healthy White.

Come at me bro?

Sep 5, 2017, 1:22 PM

Do you know which bathroom you are supposed to use?

Re: Come at me bro?

Sep 5, 2017, 4:18 PM

Family?

Sep 5, 2017, 1:24 PM

There are little green and tan houses located all over the tailgating area that would be a nice place for you to eat. You seem to be full of what is on the menu at those places on campus. Looking forward to a great game.

Message was edited by: speedracer®

Sep 5, 2017, 4:21 PM

What did you edit?

Sep 5, 2017, 1:30 PM

I'll be nice because I like when people visit Clemson and rave about how friendly the fans are throughout the day and how they can't wait to make another trip. It's a special place, and I definitely enjoy sharing it!

Where to eat might depend on where you're coming in from. The traffic won't be terrible prior to noon because the game is at 7...it won't get all that heavy until about 4 hours prior to kickoff and even then it's not as bad as for an early game. Long day of tailgating = long day of people getting there, but don't expect to go anywhere fast after the game is over. Or anywhere slow for that matter. It will take forever to get out!

If you're coming in from the Anderson/Greenville direction, you can never go wrong with Smokin' Pig right on 76 (Clemson Blvd) in between Anderson and Clemson. It's delicious, and they have expanded the restaurant drastically from its original shack. I will warn you, I've never gone anywhere near it on a gameday and cannot even begin to tell you what to anticipate as far as crowd. They open at 11.

Another option that isn't far from Campus is Sardi's on Old Greenville Highway across from the Bi-Lo. Again, never been on a gameday, but people rave about that place. They open at 11:30.

If you want to get in on the craziness of gameday, head to a restaurant downtown or hit up the Esso. You can't miss the Esso, as it's right in the middle of all the action. If you go downtown, there's a bunch of options. I will warn you, anything that looks like a bar is going to have very typical bar food. It'll fill your stomach and give you an experience, but it's not going to make you want to make a special trip back to Clemson to eat there again.

After you get a bite, make sure you walk around and enjoy the campus. It should be a beautiful day and if you appear friendly enough, you're likely to get invited to join in on festivities going on at a tailgate or two.

I'm not going to comment on the game because I like the players to do the talking on the field. I hope you enjoy your day, but leave disappointed in the final score :)

Sep 5, 2017, 4:24 PM

Thanks Schatzy!

This is the good info I was looking for!
I like your style! Some of these crazies are bringing out my crazy!

Sep 5, 2017, 1:34 PM

27-20 CLemson

Our D + home field advantage leads me to believe we get the win. I also think KB is going to be much better than most people think.

Sep 5, 2017, 4:26 PM

That's a realistic prediction that wouldn't shock me.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:55 PM

Dude, what you saw Saturday will be what you see this Saturday with a few wrinkles added. Nobody can expect a QB to come in who hasn't played football in 2 years and be a polished passer. I believe the game will be close just because we have a good defense that will keep us in the game. But nobody can be confident in a win after just watching Auburn play Saturday. I am hoping for the best and looking forward to making my first trip to Clemson. I hope most of the fans at the game are as classy as the ones who came down to Jordan-Hare last year. War Eagle and looking forward to a great game!

Sep 5, 2017, 4:28 PM

Yeah, they did have a good group. We tailgated for a few.
ftr, I'm not confident because of Saturday. I'm confident because of
Fall Camp, talent, potential, and a little of the unknown of Auburn's offensive game plan.

Sep 5, 2017, 1:58 PM

Ask any expert from last year. Bama had the best Dline and Oline in college football. We handled them. Your Oline would have to be better than Bama's was last years because we have the same dline only better. Your Dline would have to be better than Bama's last year because we have the same Oline as last year only improved. We will win in the trenches. You are too hung up on the QB. He did not catch 1 ball or make 1 tackle all season that I can remember. You couldn't handle Lawrence and Wilkins last year and that was Dex's first college game. Clelland blossomed late. OSU had no answer for him. He missed at least a 1/4 of the NC game and we didn't miss a beat. Stidham sees his first real defense. Love your optimism.

Sep 5, 2017, 2:18 PM

BTW I drive about 700 miles to get to a game and the Smokin Pig is my first stop.

He's right...

Sep 5, 2017, 2:03 PM

Alabama grows some killer pot and AUFan is smoking that Sand Mountain Savage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 2:04 PM

Clemson has a much better defense this year my auburn friend. Looking forward to a good game though. As far as food on campus though. Go to palmettos in downtown and get some oysters. They also have excellent BBQ. Glad to have y'all in town for the game. I hate to send y'all home sad but at least enjoy your time before the game. And thanks for coming! Clemson wins this close one in the Valley.

Due to the hurricane, the game has been moved to LSU

Sep 5, 2017, 2:35 PM

See you there !

Re: Due to the hurricane, the game has been moved to LSU

Sep 5, 2017, 8:07 PM

I laffed ;)

Re: Due to the hurricane, the game has been moved to LSU

Sep 5, 2017, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Due to the hurricane, the game has been moved to LSU ]

party on the 9th Green at 11pm Friday night?

Sep 5, 2017, 2:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m6Sw26gUQo

You forgot one of the most important factors

Sep 5, 2017, 3:20 PM

Coaching. In that area we have the advantage as almost anyone who follows CFB will agree. Enjoy your time at DV. Go Clemson

Sep 5, 2017, 3:39 PM

Fellows, I'm absolutely scared to death. The Auburn coach, himself, has come on this board to tell us how good they are and are going to beat the snot out of my Tigers. They ran only four plays against Georgia Southern. I don't know if that was intentional or if that's the limit of plays their team can absorb. Heck, we have only four plays and we ran them all against Kent State. I hope they were not looking at our game on TV because if they did, now, there are no secrets. We don't have the talent to compete against the Plainsmen, War Eagles, Tigers, Toomers Tree Huggers or whatever they will call themselves this week. We had to play 91 guys against Kent State just to find out if we can find 11 offensive and 11 defensive men to put in the field come Saturday night. We have only two 4**** and one 5***** QB's. After that, we may have to flip a coin who plays at QB because Israel is recovering from an illness. We just don't have the transfers or the Junior College guys on our roster to compete at the SEC level. We have to resort to recruiting high school seniors and hope we can recruit them up to the level so they do not trip and fall down running on and off the field. We also have some players who place too much emphasis on academics and graduate in three years. How thoughtless of these guys for not devoting more time to the football team and letting the academics slide. Some of our guys are taking this STUDENT/ATHLETE thing to the extreme and I'm worried the NCAA will come breathing down our necks because almost all of our players graduate.

The only redeeming thing is the fact I have learned to worry successfully.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 4:17 PM

I just got a feeling CLEMSON curb stomps Auburn.
I'm going to go with 38-17 .
This will be KBs coming out party and CLEMSON sending a message that they haven't gone anywhere.

This reads like a Tommy Bowden era Clemson post.

Sep 5, 2017, 4:34 PM

That said, this IS the kind of game that Tommy's team would show up for, so we'll see.

No recs because I want DV full of Clemson fans, but I hope you enjoy your trip nonetheless.

34-17, Clemson.

Sep 5, 2017, 4:51 PM

Hope you have a wonderful experience in Clemson. We certainly did in Auburn last year.

My recommendations: don't be driving around on game day. Get to your parking spot early and wander from there. Downtown is a quick walk and will give you a nice view of the campus.

Esso is closest, especially if you are parking West or North of stadium. Good bar, OK food, fun atmosphere, rich tradition.

Downtown starts at Northeast corner of campus, near Tillman Hall, which will probably look kinda familiar to you. There are lots of options along College Ave (Main St) for food and drinks.

Again, have fun and safe travels.

Blacks BBQ Seneca

Sep 5, 2017, 7:01 PM

But don't be late, they run out of food often because it's that good.

I gave you a +1 because I like your big balls***

Sep 5, 2017, 7:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 7:50 PM

As an away fan, wear your Auburn gear, don't be obnoxious, walk around campus and you will get all the free tailgate food and conversation you can handle.

Sep 5, 2017, 8:06 PM

That's how we roll in Auburn as well!
I love having people come up and picking their brain about the game.

Are you still financing cam's daddy's church?

Easy question

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you still financing cam's daddy's church?

Sep 5, 2017, 8:00 PM

OUCH!

Re: Are you still financing cam's daddy's church?

Sep 5, 2017, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Are you still financing cam's daddy's church? ]

It's in an over seas account .... until 2020.
Ten year wait was the deal

Are you still financing cam's daddy's church?

Easy question

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2017, 8:20 PM

Go to Esso Club.

null

Allbarn what have you been smoking?

Sep 5, 2017, 8:27 PM

How will your qb be throwing a pass when he is sandwiched between dexter and christian?

Sep 6, 2017, 7:38 AM

You do know that DW4 did not blank OSU right?
That was our defense, which returned this year even stronger than last year.
So your prediction is based on your offense being better than the Ohio State offense?
I just don't see it, you're no OSU.

Sep 6, 2017, 8:27 AM

No, & LOL at OSU.

You will not be better on O. I would definitely say you are better at DL, but overall D? Maybe maybe not. #10 was a baller.

We are miles better on O & D from last year.
That an a SLIGHT edge in talent.

Gus screwed this game up for us last year...
If he's true to his word to Chip Lindsey that he'll stay out of the play calling ... I'm confident we'll win
(Barring losing the turnover battle).

Sep 6, 2017, 10:44 AM

#10 was a guy full of passion...and was a big leader on the D. That is a fact. he was good on the blitz, but had mediocre to sometimes bad pass coverage, which is why he never went in the draft, and didn't make the cut for the Panthers. **See Alabama games and OJ Howard if you'd like proof. He's now having to try again at SF, and we hope he makes the grade in the end...but he does have to improve in pass coverage to step his game up to the next level.

So yes, there is definitely room that the next guys could be better.

OK, so how does Auburn do in Road Games???

Sep 6, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Here We Go!!!!!! ]

Let's go back to the 2016 season and see how Auburn faired in road games. After all, this week's game is in Clemson, so how does Auburn perform on the road?

Last year, Auburn played its FIRST road game on Oct 8 against an awful Miss State team (yes, the same one that lost to South Alabama last year). After 5 straight Auburn home games to open the season, and plenty of evaluation time, Auburn was able to get the win. No surprise there.

After a bye week, and yet another home game (6 already), they went to Ole Miss to play the 3-4 Rebels. Again, Auburn won. No surprise, especially since they faced two horrible teams.

However, the next 3 opportunities at road games (Georgia, Alabama, and Oklahoma ... nuetral site), Auburn lost all 3, and averaged only 13 points per game. Georgia was not a very good team, but has a great stadium and crowd. Bama is Bama. Oklahoma was a legit Top 25, but not elite.

My point is this .... over the past year, Auburn has not performed well in away games against an opponent with a pulse. And now they will play at one of the most difficult stadiums to play in, especially at night, and against an elite team with a Top 5 defense. Good luck, but I agree with Vegas. Clemson by at least a touchdown.

Replies: 140
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic