Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Herbie the turncoat went rogue on us for some reason
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Herbie the turncoat went rogue on us for some reason

Jan 11, 2017, 9:24 AM

with his commentary. I thought it was very strange. One point early he said something like "Alabama has come to send a message" after they got a spearing penalty on Deshaun. More accurately, they were out of control, which is a no-no in football, and in Saban's eyes as well. And should have got a player ejected on another play that was missed and could have put Williams out. They paid for it again late with the roughing penalty, putting us down deep in RZ, and we won the game. To our credit, we played a very clean game, and no proctology stuff either.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Herbie the turncoat went rogue on us for some reason

Jan 11, 2017, 9:27 AM

That hurt butt 31-0.

Yup, I also noticed he was saying some unusual comments...

Jan 11, 2017, 9:33 AM

...like, the Bama defense has Watson rattled. What a bunch of garbage. At no time did I see Watson get rattled and in fact was I say was a back-to-back beatdown on Bama's defense by Watson and company that was epic and back-to-back records in a CFP or BCS matchup. Remember, they were talking about THIS Bama defense as being the BEST OF ALL TIME.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for some reason ? ....I can think of 31 reasons ....***

Jan 11, 2017, 9:48 AM

Re: for some reason ? ....I can think of 31 reasons ....***

Jan 11, 2017, 10:03 AM

Herbie had to inject some "drama" into an already great contest! The ESPIN handlers in the truck likely fed him instructions. I don't think he was expecting Ohio St. to lose 31-0, but to his credit he picked Clemson to repeat and win.

His criticism of Dabo was one media is prone to because Dabo can be downright blunt, but Cowturd got exactly what he deserved. Dabo put the sports media on notice and they were not collectively ready for his candor. Good for him. Herbie will get over it.

Clemson best lead by example and work smart to compete in 2017 because if we fall to a 9-3 record, whatever the cause, in a reload year, the wolves will be out to criticize once again. I am expecting no worse than 10-2, but who knows at this early stage.

Go Tigers - Enjoy the moment!

Re: Herbie the turncoat went rogue on us for some reason

Jan 11, 2017, 9:53 AM

Come on guys ... Herbie didn't go rogue on us. He was offering reasonable analysis.

In the first quarter, we were getting head hunted and thrown off our game. We only had like 45 yards offense and looked out of sync. He was right. But, he gave props to us in the second half when we came back. Herbie stuck by his prediction all year that we would win. Even when it didn't look right in the mid-season.

He gets paid by ESPN who gets paid by the SEC

Jan 11, 2017, 9:57 AM

what did you expect?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

He's a commentator. He was doing his job. I don't think

Jan 11, 2017, 10:34 AM

Watson was rattled but he wasn't on point yet either. Herb does a really good job in a business where many suck. He also loves him some Clemson. I didn't think that much of it. Bama was flying around and it was hectic for a while.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: I like Herbie, but

Jan 11, 2017, 10:51 AM

My biggest problem with him was how much he kept harping on Watson being "rattled". Dw's strong suit is not getting rattled, and staying calm, regardless of the situation or pressure.

There is no doubt Bama came after him, and no doubt the heat was on. The offense took a whole to find it's legs. But the reason we're National Champions now is that the Bama pressure didn't rattle us. They knocked us down in the first quarter, but not out - we took blow after blow - BUT, who punched themselves out, and then - got KNOCKED out.

I just don't think you rattle DW.

I think 420 yards makes all the adjectives irrelevant anyway.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic