Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dissappointed to hear Dabo say X. Kelly's still not ready
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 5,018

Dissappointed to hear Dabo say X. Kelly's still not ready

Aug 25, 2017, 8:23 AM

I was hoping he would make bigger strides considering the opportunity made available to him with Yeargin's injury. However, the urgency doesn't appear to there yet with him. Looking at the injury history of Ferrell and Bryant (particularly Austin), it's likely that both guys will miss some time at some point during the season. I know we can move CW42 out to DE, but I'd prefer that he stay at DT so we can remain as strong as possible up the middle.

I'd actually like to see Jabril play some DE again this year. He played there last year because his weight got down too low. He's added back a few pounds, but he's still only 273 lbs now (not ideal for a DT playing big boy football). According to Dabo, he's progressed into being a beast. If he's truly that, I love to see him on the field at the same time as Big Dex and CW42 if Bryant and/or Ferrell are out with injury.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dissappointed to hear Dabo say X. Kelly's still not ready

Aug 25, 2017, 8:44 AM

OK, I'll take the bait.

First off, they can move Wilkins back outside if Kelly isn't ready. We have enough depth on the interior to do that.

Re: Robinson that's absolutely not true. With this quickness and good first step, Jabril would be an excellent 3-tech on passing downs.

If you know anything about BV's defensive schemes, a DT should possess quickness off the first block into the A and B gaps. I think Robinson will be just fine at 280.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Good grief

Aug 25, 2017, 8:48 AM

Kid has barely been on campus for a year and hasn't even taken a snap in a game yet

Can you just stop posting? For good? Please?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2017, 9:09 AM

Remember when you Kelly would take over Bryant's starting job, because supposedly Bryant never progressed? https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21836739

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Hence my dissappointment with Kelly not being ready to play

Aug 25, 2017, 9:26 AM

right now. Clearly, I have high hopes for the guy. I'm not saying he's a bust or anything. I just knew that physically he was ready to play, but unfortunately he must still have a ways to go on the other things.

Typically our recent high profile DE recruits that are physically ready are able to contribute by their 1st or 2nd year in the program (ie. Shaq, Ferrell, Bryant). Typically the guys that take a little longer are the guys we recruit as projects or maybe wasn't quite there physically (ie. Yeargin, Dodd, Beasley).

I'm not giving up on Kelly. Maybe mid to late season the light comes on for him.

A lot of you guys are way too sensitive about simple posts on a messageboard. smh.

Re: Hence my dissappointment with Kelly not being ready to play

Aug 25, 2017, 11:28 AM

No, you just happen to be the biggest Negative Nancy around here and people get tired of that over and over again. Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen you say anything good about anybody

Like seriously, you are griping about a redshirt freshman defensive end that we haven't even seen in action yet. That's the exact same position Clelin Ferrell was in at this time of year ago

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to think that you are a coot troll

Aug 25, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Dissappointed to hear Dabo say X. Kelly's still not ready ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any time somebody says "that tells me" you know you are

Aug 26, 2017, 2:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Dissappointed to hear Dabo say X. Kelly's still not ready ]

about to hear some utter BS.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they make pills for this***

Aug 25, 2017, 9:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Kevin Dodd "wasn't ready" until he had been on campus for 4 years

Aug 25, 2017, 11:29 AM

And I think he turned out just fine

You have shown yourself to be not very thorough

Aug 25, 2017, 12:26 PM

You mention it took Dodd 4 years to be ready to play. But you failed to mention that he was recruited as a project. I said in my earlier post that those are the guys that typically take time. He didn't not come in with Kelly-like expectations.

As far as what I post, I'm not looking to always sunshine pump like you. We have lots others for that. I have tons of posts. Some are positive, some are negative, and some only a sunshine pumper may perceived as negative that aren't really negative at all (if you really checked my post history you'd see that, but once again you aren't very thorough). Sometimes I'll post something just to drive conversation.

Don't read my stuff if you don't like what I write Mr. CU2013.

Hmm....where to begin....

Aug 25, 2017, 1:29 PM

Kelly has all the physical attributes to succeed. That's why he was a 4 star recruit coming out of high school. That said, the kid is from freaking Kansas and was able to dominate off his size and athleticism alone. He faced a very low level of competition. Now we are asking him to go up against the likes of Auburn and FSU.

The coaches (and those who cover the team, like davidhood®) note that playing DE in college is much more about knowing the schemes that you will be facing and being in the right position, especially with the zone-read being so commonplace nowadays...and not just being physically dominant.

Have you SEEN Kelly play? Has he gotten any action in games for ANY of us to evaluate where he is at this point? All you are going by is a comment that a coach made. Well shoot, the coaches make all kinds of different remarks this time of year to either instill some confidence or light a fire under certain guys.

There has been a lot of positive buzz about Kelly all summer. He is progressing, and I'm interested to see how he looks in week 1, because he will most definitely be a part of the rotation. But it's outright ludicrous for you to feel "disappointed" in him at this point.

Dabo says he's "not ready yet?" Well no #### he's not ready yet, HE HASN'T EVEN PLAYED A SINGLE SNAP IN A COLLEGE GAME! How about we let things play out before you go spewing your hot takes?

This has absolutely nothing to do with me being a "sunshine pumper." I am most certainly not a sunshine pumper. I am a realist. And the realist in me says that we need to get a look at these kids in a game or 2 before we go about calling them out and getting all "disappointed" in them.

As far as checking people's post history....I beg to differ. Need some proof? Here ya go, I think I can be pretty through when called upon...here are 2 such examples...

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21749935#21749935

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21753287

And you better believe I will reference this post of yours down the road once Kelly starts showing out on the field.

So in closing, sure, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. But some of them tend to be pretty silly. Like many of yours. Not intending to be mean to you, I just think you have a habit of making some pretty outrageous statements from time to time that aren't very well thought out. Like this one about X Kelly.

Carry on

Oh, and since you asked me to check out your history...

Aug 25, 2017, 2:04 PM

I did. Here are some of your topics from the last 2 months:

"Disappointed in Xavier Kelly"

"What will it take for A&M to hire Dabo"

"Offense will be a problem for us at start of year"

"We'll have a tough time running the ball 1st couple of games"

"What will be our record without competent QB play?"

"Will we really be that good on OL?"

"I'm surprised Edmond came back for another year"

"TJ Green was statistically the worst safety in the NFL last year"

"Our RB recruiting stinks"

"Concerned about DE position"

Re: Oh, and since you asked me to check out your history...

Aug 26, 2017, 5:13 AM

Crickets. Definition of a realist? Someone who thinks he knows more than someone else but really doesn't.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh, and since you asked me to check out your history...

Aug 28, 2017, 10:08 AM

I just think I know enough to not be disappointed in a kid that hasn't even played a down yet

Simply amazing the knowledge some people have of the

Aug 26, 2017, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Oh, and since you asked me to check out your history... ]

ability and future of out football players. This poster has to be a super connected "insider".

Why would I not have a positive outlook?

Aug 28, 2017, 10:09 AM

What good does it do to label them as a bust before they have even played?

and nearly a textbook def of troll "Post stuff just to drive

Aug 26, 2017, 6:43 AM [ in reply to You have shown yourself to be not very thorough ]

conversation"

2013 has owned you, troll.

Ease up on all the negative posting ...... we are NATIONAL CHAMPIONS !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: and nearly a textbook def of troll "Post stuff just to drive

Aug 28, 2017, 10:13 AM

Haha, my thoughts exactly. Thanks for the shoutout

It's ok to be disappointed I guess***

Aug 25, 2017, 11:30 AM

Did he say that? Honestly haven't seen it.***

Aug 25, 2017, 12:28 PM

Aug 26, 2017, 7:08 AM

You infer this young man does not want to be ready by saying his sense of urgency is missing. The reality is it takes some longer than others for the light to come on regardless of how much they work or how bad they want it.

chris register is the one who has to step up

Aug 26, 2017, 8:38 AM

that class with him and korie rogers was supposed to be the torchbearers for this yr

Replies: 22
| visibility 5,018
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic