Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hello TigerNet, I would like to engage in serious football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Hello TigerNet, I would like to engage in serious football

Dec 13, 2019, 12:14 PM

discussion. During the football contest we had versus the University of Virginia, I thought their head coach did a terrific job of isolating Tanner Muse and forcing him to cover receivers on the back end. Personally I think Tanner has been a great player for us, as shown in his game against Wake. Even in the national championship game against Bama last year he bounced back and played well after the first TD they scored.

I think it's probably a certainty that Ohio State's coach Ryan Day will try to replicate Virginia's strategy of forcing Muse into coverage and OSU has better receivers than UVA. I look forward to the adjustments CBV will make to give Tanner some help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Solid Football post

Dec 13, 2019, 12:17 PM

is solid!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Thank you Dave, as someone who truly understands the

Dec 13, 2019, 12:20 PM

Xs and Os of the game of football, what adjustments do you think CBV will make to make sure Tanner Muse is not stuck on an island trying to cover those fast Ohio State receivers?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think the first thing he is going to do is simply tell

Dec 13, 2019, 12:24 PM

Tanner he has got to do a little better surveying the field and not to bite so quickly on the ball fake.

Then I think he will work in practice by using a lot of play action and using Taisun as a Fields clone and let him do some RPO's and a few Play Action passes to make sure Tanner gets some on the field practice as well.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

That is an excellent approach Dave.

Dec 13, 2019, 12:36 PM

CBV is known in these games for showing offenses things that they have never seen on tape before. However, I can't help but think the defensive gameplan against Ohio State will be similar to last year against Bama. It would allow JK to run the ball between the 20's but as the safeties get closer to the line of scrimmage in the red zone they will struggle to move the ball.

Re: That is an excellent approach Dave.

Dec 13, 2019, 4:49 PM

I haven't looked at this on tape, but your post make me wonder. When we go to that 3 - 3 - 5 look, does that not take some run pressure off of Tanner so that he can stay in the deep zone just a bit longer ?

Actually, it seems that anytime Tanner can be playing zone over the top would reduce his exposure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you Dave, as someone who truly understands the

Dec 13, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Thank you Dave, as someone who truly understands the ]

Provide canoe with paddles?

Dec 13, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Thank you Dave, as someone who truly understands the ]

I think he will do like he did on that one play where he used Simmons to spy Muse to insure he would not get beat. Spy Muse with Simmons and we have will shut Fields down totally. Pure genius there by BV

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 4:52 PM

Actually BV is sooo smart that he might bait the young Fields by giving him the defensive look on which Tanner has been beat and then rolling into something else - like he did with Bama last year.

MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS POST***

Dec 13, 2019, 12:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Hello TigerNet, I would like to engage in serious football

I seriously do not know how to respond to such a serious post. Totally out of character.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

17 points is a good effort...

they didn't even have to call a timeout with 4 seconds left like Jimbo did to score a meaningless TD against the walk-ons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UVA's defense was no match for our offense, but you have to

Dec 13, 2019, 12:41 PM

admit they moved the ball pretty well, especially in the first half.

there were times that I was moving toward being fearful

Dec 13, 2019, 12:42 PM

but that is such a negative emotion

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was getting a little nervous on their opening drive

Dec 13, 2019, 12:47 PM

but when Nolan Turner intercepted the football in the end zone my nervousness disappeared.

Instead of nervous,

Dec 13, 2019, 1:13 PM

I got drunk.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Depends

Dec 13, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to UVA's defense was no match for our offense, but you have to ]

It depends on down and distance; but Muse might stay on the field and one of the LB's leave off. We place someone with better coverage skills in the secondary. Tanner covers well in zone but as well if he is asked to read and react. He's fast but not "twitchy" in short spaces. We could use his straight line speed as a LB on 3rd down and long for example covering a TE dragging across the middle.

IDK. In BV I trust!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was pleased with their effort in the first half

Dec 13, 2019, 1:35 PM [ in reply to UVA's defense was no match for our offense, but you have to ]

They put up as much fight as they could. They wore down in the second half.

Dec 13, 2019, 12:22 PM

its not a solid football post until you say something about:

Biting on double moves
Orange overalls
Lack of Respect
Coots
EsecPN
Bias
Recruiting
smack talk to next fan base
and how it is all Swofford's (or Brownlee's)fault.

slip those topics in and you will have a solid poast

;)

Dec 13, 2019, 12:40 PM

I real clemson fan, aka graduate, would not post

Dec 13, 2019, 12:41 PM

Such a thing on the internet to help the opposing coach. Day can't figure out how to get to a press conference . I doubt he can figure out how to out scheme clemson.

People like you are giving him a road map.
SMDH.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Make no mistake, even though Ohio State head coach

Dec 13, 2019, 12:44 PM

Ryan Day is very young and inexperienced, he is a tremendous football coach. He will try to pick on Tanner Muse, the question is whether Tanner and the rest of our defense will be ready. I believe they will be.

internet trolls...

Dec 13, 2019, 12:45 PM [ in reply to I real clemson fan, aka graduate, would not post ]

if they aren't helping the other team game plan, they're running off recruits

Dec 13, 2019, 12:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I don't see a lot of problems with Tanner. He bites on a

Dec 13, 2019, 1:02 PM

couple of great double moves twice in two years that I can think of and he's branded a liability back there. Who isn't going to get beat once in a while? The one against Va he recovered, caught up and made the tackle. Kearse bit a lot more than Tanner does. I think he's a really good safety.

I agree and I also appreciate your response***

Dec 13, 2019, 1:09 PM

he Had a lot more trouble early in his career. He has

Dec 13, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I don't see a lot of problems with Tanner. He bites on a ]

Improved a ton over the last 2 season. He doesn’t really make that many mistakes anymore. When Safeties make mistskes it’s usually much more noticeable. I think people jump on him because of that.

a very positive and enlightening post. The new TigerNet

Dec 13, 2019, 1:58 PM [ in reply to I don't see a lot of problems with Tanner. He bites on a ]

way!!! Makes me all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 1:01 PM

Plus if they isolate him out there he won't help as well with the run where is he needed.

What did Bronco do in his scheme that isolated Muse

Dec 13, 2019, 1:01 PM

and forced him to cover receivers on the back end?

I felt that CBV didn't send much pressure - keeping Perkins contained in the pocket and forcing him to beat us with his arm. This meant more time to throw and Muse was going to have to cover somebody on a deep route.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you are probably correct, I guess it just seemed like

Dec 13, 2019, 1:08 PM

the ball was going towards Tanner a lot, especially in the first quarter.

Theoretically we would want to keep Fields contained the same way, correct? I guess we will see if CBV sends more blitzes against tOSU.

I would expect to see more of our normal approach.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:43 PM

Perkins was all UVA had. I think CBV felt the only way he could beat us was with his legs. To his credit, Perkins made some downfield throws and was accurate on the 5 yard throws to move the chains.

Since Fields can run and pass - CBV will feel the need to keep him off balance by mixing in blitzes from multiple sets...

Honestly - The Clemson D was missing a lot of tackles early in the season and they had improved in that aspect greatly as the season progressed. From my cold seat in Bank of America Stadium, I thought I saw a few more missed tackles than I had in the previous 5/6 games.

Re: I would expect to see more of our normal approach.

Dec 13, 2019, 2:15 PM

those tackles may have been due to Perkin's size. We did miss some but we made enough.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:14 PM

Did you take the green pill instead of the red pill this morning?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhhhh...

Dec 13, 2019, 1:22 PM

~JKB

You're in B-Meist's world

Dec 13, 2019, 2:01 PM

Hopefully that helps.

Your being institutionalize man....

Dec 13, 2019, 1:27 PM
IMG_0144.JPG(79.3 K)

Don't let them....

Dec 13, 2019, 1:27 PM

I think he will do like he did on that one play where he used Simmons to spy Muse to insure he would not get beat. Spy Muse with Simmons and we have will shut Fields down totally. Pure genius there by BV

You bore me with this epic fail post.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:29 PM

"Luke, you need to git yore mind right, son."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2019, 1:43 PM

I agree with you GWPTiger. Ryan Day will probably spend a lot of time watching the NC game and the Virginia game from this year and
the BC, SC and Bama games from last season.

Out CB’s and Safeties are supposed to be our strength On D this year. I feel BV will have plan in the place to give Tanner Muse some help so Fields want pick him apart. We will need to pressure and contain JF’s. Do not let him beat you.

If we can run the ball successfully our guys Tee, Ross, Overton will open up passing lanes.

We know TL will bring his A game.

Between Dabo and his staff they will put an offensive and defensive plan together that will exploit OSU’s weaknesses.
It seems like the last 3 years since our loss to Bama we really turn up the heat on our playoff opponents.

Go Clemson Tigers, bring home NC #4

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fields is not what I'd call a true running threat.

Dec 13, 2019, 1:54 PM

He isn't like Boyd or Bryant. Running was their second choice if they were pressured. Bryant much more than Boyd but both had that flaw.

TL is much more a threat to run that Fields. Imo, running is always an option for TL. Fields will focus on one guy and attempt to 'see the field,' but he doesn't have the experience or process yet. Running is his last resort only when his primary and checkdown are both covered.

I believe OUS will call QB runs but Fields will revert to what he is most comfortable with most of the time. Imo, he will run for 65-80 yrd for 4 first downs but he will never cross the goal line on his feet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember before the Bama game last year you were

Dec 13, 2019, 1:57 PM

really confident, like you are now. I appreciate that, as I don't specifically remember it in previous years.

Re: I remember before the Bama game last year you were

Dec 13, 2019, 2:29 PM

If your comment was meant for me I really appreciate your post.

I do feel we are the team the other 3 fear in the CFP’s. We may start off slow but when we get it going move over OSU and our NC opponent!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fields is not what I'd call a true running threat.

Dec 13, 2019, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Fields is not what I'd call a true running threat. ]

If he runs for that many yards and first downs we will be in big trouble regardless of whether he runs into the end zone. He will get his - but we can't allow that many.

I think you hit on one of the biggest keys for our defense

Dec 13, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Hello TigerNet, I would like to engage in serious football ]

which is our offense running the ball successfully. If we run it well, opening up passing lanes like you said, we score fairly easily and that will put tremendous pressure on their offense. If Fields starts to press, and they have one or two turnovers...it's over.

Dec 13, 2019, 3:19 PM

You had me at Hello Tigenet...

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic