Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Three-man Fronts; Booing; Heisman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Three-man Fronts; Booing; Heisman

Sep 18, 2019, 9:44 AM

Three-man Fronts; Booing; Heisman

Email Bag
In this format, we will publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,
I am surprised we have seen so much three-man front this season. Why has it been so successful? Is it here to

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow great content as always Mr. Plyler! I 100% agree that

Sep 18, 2019, 9:52 AM

the Tigers have been multiple this year on defense. I have been trying to formulate the correct word to describe our defense over the last 3 weeks and I think "multiple" hits the nail on the head. Well done and I look forward to the next one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wow great content as always Mr. Plyler! I 100% agree that

Sep 19, 2019, 9:17 AM

Where else can you find such football insight and discussion...

Sep 18, 2019, 9:58 AM

such as:

“Why is a QB charged with an INT if the defender catches the pass?”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What else would you expect from that football ignorant idjit

Sep 18, 2019, 10:03 AM

cutigerbob® ?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Plyler's Blog: Three-man Fronts; Booing; Heisman

Sep 18, 2019, 10:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 18, 2019, 10:33 AM

Heisman is still a big deal and it still goes to players that deserve and earn it. LJ and RG3 were on mediocre teams so not how the Rogers Heisman was any different?

Sep 18, 2019, 10:44 AM

The Heisman has become a popularity contest. Run up for stats on G5 teams early in the year. Look good doing it (the "Wow" factor). It helps if you strike the Heisman pose in the end zone when you score a touchdown!

Your teams record has little to do with it.

Sep 18, 2019, 2:00 PM

Please tell me what recent Heisman winner only had great stats against G5 schools.

Rule/Stat Does Need To Change ---

Sep 18, 2019, 12:11 PM

If a quarterback throws the ball and it hits the receiver he was throwing to but it bounces off the receiver and then the defender catches the ball...why is that an interception logged in the quarterbacks stats. It's an interception..yes.. but the nature of it is different and misleading.

If a quarterback throws the ball and the defender gets the ball before it reaches the receiver the quarterback was throwing to...then that in my opinion is a clean and clear cut interception that should be logged into the quarterback's stats.

I think they need to revise how they record these interceptions for all the quarterbacks in the very near future..... just to view it a little more fairly.

Message was edited by: Xander5000

are you going to change receptions and completions too?

Sep 18, 2019, 12:45 PM

What if a ball bounces off a defender and the WR catches it? Is that .5 a catch?

You ax a lot of questions...

Sep 18, 2019, 12:46 PM

you with the Fed?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

just a nameless, faceless

Sep 18, 2019, 12:47 PM

bringer of knowledge

Re: Rule/Stat Does Need To Change ---

Sep 19, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Rule/Stat Does Need To Change --- ]

Pay more attention to Real football instead of the fantasy kind. Stats, other than the scoreboard, are really not that important. What about an interception on 4th down where the other team would get the ball anyhow or 50 yards down field on 3rd down? Some of the times when it hits the receiver's hands the qb has but him in an awkward situation or he is hit right when the ball gets there. For the most part the distribution of what if's will be similar between qb's so it's just as easy to look at one stat.

I know that people keep getting more detailed with stats, and somebody out there probably does subdivide interceptions into categories. The only real importance that you will find is in fantasy football. Our coaching staff will dissect each play much further than any group of statistics could for real football.

TIL

Sep 18, 2019, 12:29 PM

I was right about Mickey booing injured players

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great blog Mr. Plyler, but will you do me a favor?

Sep 18, 2019, 12:43 PM

Please add a disclaimer that the "Bob" referenced in your blog is not cutigerbob. I have a reputation to uphold.

Please to your attention.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Heisman

Sep 2, 2016, 12:55 PM

Modern era Heisman is intential attention to a single player on a team to the detriment of the team at large. That's not what Clemson & Dabo are about. If Trevor gets it, it will be because he made it his through his effort helping the team win, not because he passed for a gajillion yards or ran for a gajillion more to pad numbers.

Lamar Jackson could throw the ball, but did it help his team in reality? Nope. Most winners are now QBs because teams are going to pro style offense so running backs have to share the limelight with QBs unless a team intentionally builds around that running back. QBs are much flashier and have more snaps to razzle dazzle the morons in the media who vote solely on image rather than real substance.

Murray & Mayfield won simply because Oklahoma couldn't give a #### about defense so they have to put all their money on a passing game to win, so high stats. They haven't won a Natty because they aren't well rounded on both offense and defense... offense only wins games against terrible defenses aka Big 12 conference ... and OK hasn't gotten by any serious defensive team since 2000. So I guess the Heisman is a consolation prize NOT SHARED with the rest of the team.

Re: Heisman

Sep 19, 2019, 8:46 AM

Look at UL before and after LJ and look at LJ now. What do you mean did he help his team??? Mayfield and Murray were both more than deserving of the Heisman. Both have took their teams to the playoffs. Who should have won it beside any of those 3s. Yes DW4 deserved it but so did LJ.

Re: Heisman

Sep 19, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Heisman ]

Murray & Mayfield won simply because Oklahoma couldn't give a #### about defense so they have to put all their money on a passing game to win, so high stats. They haven't won a Natty because they aren't well rounded on both offense and defense... offense only wins games against terrible defenses aka Big 12 conference ... and OK hasn't gotten by any serious defensive team since 2000. So I guess the Heisman is a consolation prize NOT SHARED with the rest of the team.

I agree with a lot of your statement, but you might revise it a little. Brent Venables didn't learn everything that he knows after he got here. The prolific OK offense is more of a recent development.

If we're not going to count int's against the quarterback

Sep 20, 2019, 2:16 PM

if he makes a good throw, should we count drops as completions when evaluating QBs? Or should it be a negative mark against the WR? I mean the QB threw it to him, he did his job. It's not his fault the WR has butter fingers. I think this will clear up statistics and make the Heisman competition more level for QBs.

These are the tough questions I need answers to.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic