Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Come on guys was there much harm in what Spurrier said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,362

Come on guys was there much harm in what Spurrier said

Jan 2, 2014, 9:40 AM

"Two capital one bowl wins is pretty good but that state championship is pretty good too."

Am I missing something? They are badly beaten in overall record to the point Dabo says it isn't even a rivalry (and for several years it wasn't) and finally wins 5 in a row and the coach makes a comment about it.

It is a big deal. These are not 7-4 Clemson teams, they are beating some of the best Clemson teams ever according to records and rankings. I just don't see how he disrespected Clemson, Dabo, or anyone else. If anything he simply raised the bar on the State champ game which is what they needed to be competitive again in that game

Why all the frustration over Spurrier? He didn't take a shot at Clemson, he made that game more important than the bowl win or as important. I dare say 90% of this board would agree with me that the instate game is as important as a bowl game unless it is a national champ game

Message was edited by: kiknchkn®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He literally was complimenting us. Nice.***

Jan 2, 2014, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Heck Ya! Gimme Five!

Jan 2, 2014, 10:04 AM

Was definitely paying homage to Clem5on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heck Ya! Gimme Five! - 26% nice sarcasm!***

Jan 2, 2014, 10:18 AM

How bout seven***

Jan 2, 2014, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Heck Ya! Gimme Five! ]

41% does not give you much credibility - try the other board***

Jan 2, 2014, 10:17 AM

I would take a state championship over OB champ all day

Jan 2, 2014, 10:36 AM

every day. As would everyone on this board.

Depends

Jan 2, 2014, 10:40 AM

Winning this OB would be great.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: I would take a state championship over OB champ all day

Jan 2, 2014, 10:49 AM [ in reply to I would take a state championship over OB champ all day ]

I wouldn't, at all. That game means nothing to me, other than some bragging rights, and that has been until recently all they ever got to brag about. I'd take the OB any day over a usuc game, but I do love it so when the Tigers kick their sorry butts. I believe now they have lowered their standards so much for players (which already were as low as many thought they could get) ,and they get so much secheat $$$ now that it will be very hard to beat them regularly. They can sign good players that we have to send to prep school, and most won't go that route. If they make a bad choice on a player, they just can him or wait til a day or two before signing and deny him his scholarship. slurrier has parlayed usuc's hunger for attention at the expense of integrity into a winning program. Even so, they are not among the elite in their league.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 41% does not give you much credibility - try the other board***

Jan 2, 2014, 11:11 AM [ in reply to 41% does not give you much credibility - try the other board*** ]

"Tiger Pulse": Cough, retch, barf. Everyone, please stop refering to "Tiger Pulse" like it actually means something. Are you 10 years old?

Re: 41% does not give you much credibility - try the other board***

Jan 2, 2014, 12:06 PM

It only "doesn't mean something" when someone wants to be taken seriously, but others refuse to oblige due to a perceived lack of credibility.

It's a vicious cycle.

Re: Come on guys was there much harm in what Spurrier said

Jan 2, 2014, 10:48 AM

You know I actually take that statement back. Spurrier said he would take the SEC champ over a win over Clemson, he had done that before

I would say an Orange Bowl win is pretty big right now and Clemson has beaten USC numerous times over the years so an Orange Bowl trophy would be better than a state champ trophy!!

No, not even news worthy. I didn't even read this***

Jan 2, 2014, 10:52 AM

Re: Come on guys was there much harm in what Spurrier said

Jan 2, 2014, 11:05 AM

Agree totally. He is proud of beating Clemson. What's wrong with that? If Clemson wasn't a strong program it would not even be worth mentioning. Some of you children need to grow up a stop whining like a bunch of little girls.

Come on Liknchkn even you know better than that***

Jan 2, 2014, 12:04 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,362
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic