Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hearing chatter of a revolt in college football.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,227

Hearing chatter of a revolt in college football.

Aug 10, 2020, 11:46 AM

Next 48 hours will be huge in the future.
Twitter has all kinds of rumors and reports.

Here is a brief rundown:
1. Nebraska and Iowa are extremely pissed right now.

2. SEC is considering revolting against the NCAA

3. Ohio State and Michigan players are considering transferring to the south.

Way-our-there-rumors

Southern Cal is in talks with the SEC

SEC commissioners are meeting with ACC and Big12 officials later today.

It’s getting wild.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hearing chatter of a revolt in college football.

Aug 10, 2020, 11:55 AM

A college football revolt is just a microcosm of what's happening across the nation because of policy being driven by the libtards. Shoot me if a liberal has a gun!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2020, 12:01 PM

Isn't it about time to start pushing back? Really HARD!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's time... I think the decisions probably leave some out

Aug 10, 2020, 12:08 PM

clauses in the deals the conferences have with the tv networks and even such perhaps conf membership. Most of the big tv deals were set to expire in a 4 or so years anyway and now you're taking away a year from that. Take the willing participants of all 5 conferences- mostly the southern schools and a smattering of national programs across the country and form a new league divided into divisions.

Call it the National Collegiate Football League******

Aug 10, 2020, 12:13 PM

Aug 10, 2020, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing chatter of a revolt in college football. ]

You better start arranging your funeral plans.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2020, 1:11 PM

This post in no way refers to any Clemson recruit, current players or their families, Clemson coaches or any one associated with Clemson. In fact college football would be in good health with more AD’s like DRad, HC’s like Dabo and his staff as well as past, present and future Clemson Athletes. Clemson has the best fans in college athletics.

felt like this was going to happen. All that was needed was a spark. The GF incident and the Covid 19 virus. I posted about sports imploding about 5 to 7 years ago.

It was my opinion that sports was going to eventually implode due to the millions and millions of dollars involved, pampered players, overpaid and overpriced players , players like Johnny football who made several million dollars but was a major bust. Then their is the inefficient poorly managed NCAA who has helped to lead college football’s destruction, at least as we know college football from 2019 and seasons in the past. Then we have greed, dishonesty and lack of character within sports in general. TV media especially ESPN as well social media has helped make major changes There is to much information available to players, fans, and coaches. Now you have the separation between the haves and have nots which is only getting bigger.

Parents and players feel like they are entitled to a slice of the money pie. I guess approximately $500 to $600 thousand dollars, a free education and life networking for employment, BG tickets etc.. Zion Williams comes to mind.

I hope I am so wrong on every point but IMO I do not think we will ever see true college football again. 2019 was a great year and the years from 2010 through 2019 may be the greatest in Clemson history.

I hope the rumors of the college football revolt is just that rumors.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, it's starting to sound a lot like

Aug 10, 2020, 2:48 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,227
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic