Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hearing any Renfrow mentions Re: Antonio Brown situation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,095

Hearing any Renfrow mentions Re: Antonio Brown situation?

Aug 11, 2019, 4:32 PM

Just seems natural that at some point a comparison will be drawn between Brown’s antics vs whoever may fill in at receiver #1 in his stead, which at this point Hunter is a realistic possibility, having already claimed starter status at slot. Just such a jarring personality difference between the two, coupled with Hunters reliability, figure it is bound to happen and put hunter in a good light

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hearing any Renfrow mentions Re: Antonio Brown situation?

Aug 11, 2019, 9:38 PM

I don't think so. Renfrow is QUICK, but he isn't that fast. What he could do against college players downfield, I don't expect him to be able to do in the NFL. He's a slot guy who will on occasion run a route downfield to keep them honest.

I don't think you can equate the role or skill of AB to HR.

Please don't see that as a knock on Hunter. LOVE HIM and think he'll be successful. But he'll be successful in the role that he has to play.

The AB experiment in Oakland may not last long -- hope I'm wrong. They need a strong #1 receiver on the outside and having AB out there will make Hunter more successful as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

AB isn’t a #1 outside WR

Aug 11, 2019, 10:06 PM

He’s a 5’10”, overpaid, diva slot receiver playing out of position. He’s a possession WR.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: AB isn’t a #1 outside WR

Aug 11, 2019, 10:58 PM

AB has excelled at every spot on the field. Say what you want about his attitude, he's a pompous prick, but he's a pompous prick that is capable of playing any WR spot on the field at a top 3 level.

Aug 12, 2019, 2:01 AM

Last time a top 3 level WR won a SB?, Jerry Rice?, R.Moss if not for Tyree's blind luck.
The wr meetings he attended(2, I think) were spent surfing the net on his tablet, checking his bank statement, etc. He was never engaged at any point, in any meeting, as reported by FS1 & ESPN.
After the Steelers playoff victory 2 seasons ago, prior to his post game victory speech, HC Tomlin instructs the team to keep the contents of his speech private; King-sh|t4brains-AB shares it in real time, w/ 75,000 followers on Facebooklive. Inexcusible, lucky he wasn't thrown out of a hotel window on the 16th floor for this transgression. Hilarious when Roethlisberger blamed(on his weekly radio show) AB for the int. he threw, in the end zone, that cost Pittsburgh the game, late last season. Funny because it wasn't AB's fault but well deserved none the less. Surprised the attention wh©re didn't go on a murder/suicide mission; after being publically shamed & blamed for the QB's mistake, just desserts. AB's a slot reciever, locker room divider, & toxic to his team.

Aug 12, 2019, 12:02 PM

Larry Fitzgerald

Aug 12, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: AB isn’t a #1 outside WR ]

None of that has anything to do with whether or not AB is a top outside WR. Again, say whatever you will about his attitude, no one is arguing that he's a locker room cancer or a narcissistic sociopath. But he's undeniably an elite outside receiver. Anyone calling him just a slot receiver either hasn't been paying attention since 2013 or is just being intentionally daft.

But by all means go on another meaningless rant that does nothing to actually dispute that fact.

This is a terrible take

Aug 12, 2019, 8:53 AM [ in reply to AB isn’t a #1 outside WR ]

AB has been a #1 WR for years playing outside almost exclusively and he’s put up very impressive stats.

The guy is a total clown but you can’t really question his talent and calling him a slot receiver is just inaccurate.

Wow. Antonio Brown is a HOFer and was arguably the best

Aug 12, 2019, 9:02 AM [ in reply to AB isn’t a #1 outside WR ]

WR in the NFL during the 5 year stretch from 2013-2017. He is a bit of a diva, but he's consistently produced on the field.

Gave you 2000th TU.***

Aug 11, 2019, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Hearing any Renfrow mentions Re: Antonio Brown situation? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 12:53 PM

Renfrow wasn't even the #1 guy at Clemson.

They were re-running the Raiders preseason game on NFL Network the other night, and I happened to catch their sideline reporter talking to Carr. She asked him about his relationship with Renfrow already, and he said he's been very excited to work with Renfrow because he "understands the game", can run any route, etc. I think Renfrow will do alright for himself not worrying about AB.

Aug 12, 2019, 10:54 PM

AB is acting bizarre. Something is not right with him.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,095
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic