Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard on the radio this a.m. that Dawn Staley was a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Heard on the radio this a.m. that Dawn Staley was a

Sep 1, 2020, 2:49 PM

candidate for the head coaching job for the Phil. 76'ers.

My older brother and his oldest daughter both met Dawn. They spoke very highly of her and said she is a class act.

I personally will not ever attend an NBA game on my own, unless Myfavjr. wants to go.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard on the radio this a.m. that Dawn Staley was a

Sep 1, 2020, 2:54 PM

It’s easy to get to the sixes arena And it has a pretty good atmosphere, i would go if in Phily and the matchup intrigued you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 2:56 PM

Don't know why she would take that job. She is considered a savior in cootville. She is all they have. I agree, NBA does not exist in my world. NFL is not far behind. A few games into the season will determine that (National Anthem).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 2:58 PM

That will happen one day. Maybe not her but a woman HC in the NBA. Not that I watch enough NBA to know

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 3:08 PM

Dawn Staley is a class act. She went out of her way to support my sister in law in her recovery from a boating accident on Lake Murray. She is a really good person and an excellent college coach. I haven't watched much NBA in years. The players are extremely athletic, but fundamentally I hate watching the style of ball played in the NBA. To travel requires a motor apparently. Free throw shooting is often terrible and the mid range jumper is a rarity. If she or another women's college coach could return some of the fundamentals back to the game, I might tune in for more than 5-10 minutes every blue moon. She is revered in Columbia. They pack the place for women's BB which is saying something. I think she could handle the men and teach them something, but she's got such a good gig now that I suspect she stays put.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2020, 3:10 PM

Michael Jordan very clearly proved that there is no link between the ability to play basketball and the ability to coach/run a franchise; so gender shouldn’t matter either. She’s the top of her profession in women’s basketball; the two sports are close enough that I would expect her to be very successful in the men’s sport.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic