Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard Auburn has sold out (31,500) & Clemson just 26,000 tik
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Heard Auburn has sold out (31,500) & Clemson just 26,000 tik

Jul 26, 2012, 10:12 AM

for the Sept 1 game in Atlanta.

Boy, that just isn't good news at this time...but I'm sure the Orange will be filling the stadium either way (sic).

Go TiGERs...the Lake ones.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard Auburn has sold out (31,500) & Clemson just 26,000 tik

Jul 26, 2012, 10:19 AM

I did my part....bought 14 of that 26,000

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2012, 10:47 AM

I got 4

Jul 26, 2012, 10:54 AM

I purchased 4 this week...so anything that doesn't at least say 26,004 is a flat out lie

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2012, 10:21 AM

The people that keep saying "I ain't going back to Atlanta" need to man up.

I'm going, just don't have any IPTAY points so buying online

Jul 26, 2012, 10:40 AM

The seats I would get if bought through the Clemson ticket office aren't very good. I want the best seats I can get (and I want to be able to select them).

Re: I'm going, just don't have any IPTAY points so buying online

Jul 26, 2012, 10:48 AM

I've sat at the very top of the Georgia Dome, and the seats still weren't that bad.

The top of the dome is better than the bottom

Jul 26, 2012, 10:53 AM

The lower deck is just too flat. By the time you are high enough to see over the team you are way away from the field. I much prefer the middle and upper decks.

I'm not in IPTAY, and still got good seats from Clemson

Jul 26, 2012, 11:21 AM [ in reply to I'm going, just don't have any IPTAY points so buying online ]

Weeks ago Clemsontigers.com still had lower deck tickets available for the general public.

If Auburn tickets went on sale a week before Clemson's

Jul 26, 2012, 10:55 AM

then a lot of people/companies likely went ahead and bought through them.

Not surprising.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand this. I would be there but I had a crazy

Jul 26, 2012, 10:56 AM

situation arise. My wife's best friend scheduled her wedding that weekend in DC. I tried my best to get out of it but it just wasn't a battle I was going to win, otherwise I'd be there. I can't see how any fan would pass on an opportunity to play a big time SEC opponent in a big time venue. Guess times are that tough or is this number just not reflecting third party ticket sales? I know the last two games I went to I got the tickets on the free market rather than through Clemson, because I wanted to know exactly where the seats would be (flame suit on).

Curious....

Jul 26, 2012, 11:02 AM

Are these ticket sales reported through IPTAY/Clemson ticket office and Auburn's booster club/ticket office??

'cuz I quit buying bowl tix and tix to games like this through IPTAY/Clemson ticket office years and years ago. And I know a bunch of folks who stopped also.

Having considered that, I feel relatively certain there'll be as many Clemson fans in attendance as Auburn fans.

Now, NCSt's tix sales for their game with Tennessee the day before is another story entirely.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once students get tickets on August 1st they will be gone.

Jul 26, 2012, 11:03 AM

I suspect many students are waiting to see if they can get a $30 student ticket. Once they go on sale August 1st I expect they rest of our tickets will be gone.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once students get tickets on August 1st they will be gone.

Jul 26, 2012, 11:28 AM

I bought two through IPTAY and I plan on buying another once student tickets go on sale. Really I think it's pathetic that our team can have as much hype as we do and not have a sellout already. I know the economy sucks and people have commitments but if you have the means and are able to go, you should be in the Dome. I mean really guys, even UNC sold out their allotment a few years ago.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 26, 2012, 11:16 AM

With Auburn losing Malzan to Arkansas St will hurt Auburn more than people think. Not only that Dyer transferred as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson may have sold 26k but I gaurantee its not all CU fan

Jul 26, 2012, 11:24 AM

buying them. My brother in law and his brother bought tickets through Clemson - They are Auburn Graduates and fans.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

and I know C***

Jul 26, 2012, 11:57 AM

oops and I know CU fans that bought AU tickets because

Jul 26, 2012, 11:58 AM

theirs went on sale to the GP before ours did

# of Auburn living Alumni = 200K; CU= 113K- multiply that by

Jul 26, 2012, 12:06 PM

avg family size and the difference is enormous. The fact we've sold 26 through the school, more picked up elsewhere and with many students yet to purchase- is outstanding. We will be close to half of the crow when all said and done. Heck we sold as many a UT for their game and they have an entire state and almost 3 times the living alumni we have

Driving around Atl, you'd think AU had 200k here alone***

Jul 26, 2012, 12:28 PM

Re: Driving around Atl, you'd think AU had 200k here alone***

Jul 26, 2012, 4:37 PM

agreed, Ive often said the AU fanbase outnumbers the GT base in Atlanta

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic