Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swanson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,040

Swanson

Nov 18, 2019, 10:00 AM

I really hope Swanson has been in power hour and gotten bigger and stronger so he can do the punting the last 4 games! I will never bash a Clemson player but Spiers is not getting it done! We need to be able to flip the field and 30 yard punts are not getting it done!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won't play till the PLAYOFF

Nov 18, 2019, 10:02 AM

He's already playerd in 2 games is redshirting and Dabo said last week that they were saving those last 2 games.

Re: He won't play till the PLAYOFF

Nov 18, 2019, 10:03 AM

Good

Do you remember Spier's first punt

Nov 18, 2019, 10:06 AM

Against Alabama last January? He's not perfect, true...but he's capable.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to He won't play till the PLAYOFF ]

^^^ This

They will not blow the kid's redshirt just to have a slightly better punter for the ACC champiosnhip.

If we play like we should then an extra 5 or 6 yards per punt likely won't change the scar game.

He can play in both playoff games if necessary.

Also Dabo mentioned that Swanson would be the kickoff guy if Potter had to miss any time. That's another reason they are saving his games because his leg strength on kickoffs would be more important than having a slightly better punter.

I think Dabo gave the other punter a shot at the end of the game Saturday to see if he could step in, but that wasn't exactly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen either.

"the other punter" . . . Steven Sawicki

Nov 18, 2019, 10:49 AM

From Fayetteville, NC . . . Played two years at NC A&T . . . Transferred to Clemson in 2017

Steven is a Senior . . . Dabo was simply rewarding his work as a Tiger by giving him the opportunity to play in his final home game as a Tiger

Thank you Steven for your endless hours of dedication to Our Tigers!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 18, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: He won't play till the PLAYOFF ]

Definitely not saying burn a redshirt I totally agree with that! I understand when we are beating NC State and Wake 45 to 0 it is not that big of a deal, but if we play at team like Ohio State or LSU and are in a tight game a slightly better punter might be crucial to help flip the field that's all I was implying.

Nov 18, 2019, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: He won't play till the PLAYOFF ]

Definitely not saying burn a redshirt I totally agree with that! I understand when we are beating NC State and Wake 45 to 0 it is not that big of a deal, but if we play at team like Ohio State or LSU and are in a tight game a slightly better punter might be crucial to help flip the field that's all I was implying.

Nov 18, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to He won't play till the PLAYOFF ]

So you think Dabo is going to bench a four year starter, in the playoffs, for a true freshman punter who’s never punted a meaningful punt in a college game? That’s kinda funny.

If Swanson was a better punter than Spiers right now, don’t you think he would have been punting all year? Why would he have needed to redshirt? There’s no way he’s being saved for the playoffs.

Nov 18, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to He won't play till the PLAYOFF ]

something something returners aren't used to seeing it off a lefty something something

Not like we've really counted on our punt unit for much this year? Why not let the Senior do most of it. If there's a tactical advantage in a meaningful game (yes, of course they're all meaningful) and we can retain the year for the lefty then it seems win-win.

Really a no harm, no foul for Dabo to hold back the games with a punter.

Every year that we have a bad punter just makes me miss

Nov 18, 2019, 11:21 AM

"Old Thunderfoot", as Jim Phillips called him, even more. Dale Hatcher was a truly great one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gardocki wasn’t too bad, either*****

Nov 18, 2019, 1:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swanson

Nov 18, 2019, 1:56 PM

I just want to make sure I’m reading this correctly. You’re saying you think Dabo is holding Swanson out for the final four games of the season to preserve his redshirt, then letting him punt in the most important games of the year?

Re: Swanson

Nov 18, 2019, 3:38 PM

Spiers is averaging over 40 yards per punt! Get off of his back !!

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,040
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic