Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Boyd wants patience along with his confidence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Boyd wants patience along with his confidence

Nov 15, 2011, 9:27 PM

Boyd wants patience along with his confidence

Tajh Boyd has the confidence, the athletic ability and the big-time arm a college quarterback needs. Now he just needs the patience. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tajh has, for the most part, performed incredibly this year.

Nov 15, 2011, 9:38 PM

I trust him when he says that he'll try to fix whatever problems he's having.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

He'll be fine......

Nov 15, 2011, 10:47 PM

He has the drive and the ability to get better and he will.

Re: Front Page Story: Boyd wants patience along with his confidence

Nov 15, 2011, 11:30 PM

One thing that inspires confidence is that this is clearly something that he, the coaching staff, his teammates, and his father are all aware of. It sounds like he's going to work hard to improve on these things, and that's great to hear.

We all know that Tajh has the immense talent required to be a big time quarterback, but it's reassuring to see he's got the drive, intelligence, and support to become elite.

I think we're going to see him check down a bit more against NC State, which means our boy Dwayne Allen should have a big day.

He started 10 games and won 9 pretty impressively

Nov 15, 2011, 11:55 PM

I don't fault him for getting overconfident. Let's just make sure to learn from those mistakes. I can't wait to see what kind of QB Tajh can become.

Re: He started 10 games and won 9 pretty impressively

Nov 15, 2011, 11:59 PM

Same Here!
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Catching crap from his teammates for a few hours=weeks

Nov 16, 2011, 6:40 AM

of coach in his face!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2011, 7:47 AM

LETS GO TIGERS!!!

Tajh will have an outstanding day in Raleigh...

Nov 16, 2011, 8:12 AM

...call it a vision.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tajh will have an outstanding day in Raleigh...

Nov 16, 2011, 8:26 AM

Just keep it away from Amerson and dont give the wuffies field position and we can send the house after Big Bird..

Sure would like to see Dewayne light it up 1 hour and 17 minutes from home!

Prophecy? :)***

Nov 16, 2011, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Tajh will have an outstanding day in Raleigh... ]

Nov 16, 2011, 8:54 AM

Sounds encouraging that everyone is at least recognizing that Boyd is a loose cannon at times. He has all the talent - and more - than it takes to be a supreme QB. Now - he just needs to understand the game. Recognizing that you have a problem is the first step in solving the problem. I thought he figured that out with the SG performance, but I guess he's still learning. If he will simply protect the ball a little more, then we'll win our next 3 games. Failure to do that, and we lose 1-2 of those games. Ok Boyd - ball's in your court now - let's see how you play it on Saturday.

Nov 16, 2011, 9:01 AM

Listen to these interviews. These guys seem so mature and businesslike. I am very proud of the job our coaches are doing instilling the Team concept, the work ethic, and the dedication to achieving excellence. Also, the maturity these guys have is so impressive. I believe our future is bright.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on Tajh

Nov 16, 2011, 9:05 AM

Personally, I think patience isn't his biggest hindrance to becoming a top tier quarterback. The thing that makes me so nervous every play is that he stares down the reciever every play. Does anyone else think that they can call who is going to get the ball before it's thrown almost every play?

The only other thing that makes me nervous is he throws the ball too high and is going to get our recievers killed because Tajh can't hit them in stride.

This isn't saying he hasn't done a great job for a first year starter and in a new system on top of that, I just am wondering if anyone else thinks this too?

Just my .02 on our future heisman finalist.

Perspective

Nov 16, 2011, 9:18 AM

Keep things in perspective. He has played 10 games in 3 years. They are called mistakes. He is addressing them each week.

As far as hitting receivers in stride, have you watched ANY games ?

Boyd has had a tremendous first year. Tremendous!

Re: Perspective

Nov 16, 2011, 1:25 PM

EXACTLY!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perspective

Nov 16, 2011, 6:22 PM [ in reply to Perspective ]

Right on! He has thrown high some, but he's doing pretty good. The last couple of games he slipped back a little, but that may be due to more film on us. I think Tahj is very mature, very dedicated to fixing mistakes and getting it right. Our future is very bright, I believe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2011, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts on Tajh ]

Can't Can't, he can and he has, and he WILL get better at it. He has hit Watkins in absolutely full stride. Have you heard the anouncers talk about how Sammy has snatched the ball out of the air. Sammy was in FULL stride. No hack intended!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Key - Settle down EARLY and...

Nov 16, 2011, 10:18 AM

Take control of the game from qtr #1. NC State cannot mount a comeback. Same goes for the coots!

Ds desparately throwing him new tricks but not much new left***

Nov 16, 2011, 12:22 PM

Nov 16, 2011, 1:46 PM

Obviously he has hit recievers in stride a lot this season. I'm not talking about every play and I'm definitely not talking about go routes that Sammy gets all the time. The plays that come to mind are those 10-12 yard button hooks and slants across the middle. If our wideouts and tight ends weren't such great atheletes they'd be incomplete passes or interceptions more often.

I'm not saying they're not great plays on the reciever's end, I'm just saying you can only leave them out to dry so many times before somebody gets hurt.

And yes, I do think Tajh is kicking ###. These are just concerns I've had for a few games now and, while there are fewer high throws as the season has progressed, it seems his staring down of recievers has gotten worse, IMO.

Patience comes with experience. Tajh has had a great

Nov 16, 2011, 4:58 PM

first season as a QB. He is only going to get better.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic